Do you ever feel like life is a struggle each day

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sorat116

Reaction score
Hi. I am 19 years old and am normally a pretty neutral, if not happy person with a positive outlook.. but lately, ever since I started this new job it seems like I have been extremely down, and even think about suicide sometimes. I feel like I will never find someone I like who also likes me as much, I feel like people at every single job I have ever had have thought of me as stupid, even though I'm not, I just am a slow worker, and I feel completely bored with life and can't seem to find the meaning in anything lately or feel happy. I guess I was just so used to being busy with school and sorority events that now that summer has started I'm not used to having so much free time.. I'm just kind of lost and the only word I can explain my feelings as would have to be empty. Does anyone else relate to this? I have felt this way in the past and it eventually goes away and my positive outlook comes back into spin, but I hate this. I wander if I have seasonal depression.. it seems to always happen when the weather changes.

I feel like this quite often, and everyday, for me at least is a struggle. There are many people who are worse off, have more responsibilities, more children, less money who work longer hours and deal with more B.S., but still life can be a struggle for me most days.

For me, a lot of it has to do with deal with so many negative people and so much negative energy directed toward me. A little at a time is draw you down over time so gradually you almost don't notice. Sometimes I wonder if it really is all my fault and I am a screwup/loser...during moments of clarity I understand it's not me.

As far as working slow, I believe in taking my time and doing it right and professionally the first time. That is also the reason I have the least mistakes (by a considerable margin) than any of my coworkers.

sorat116 said:
Hi. I am 19 years old and am normally a pretty neutral, if not happy person with a positive outlook.. but lately, ever since I started this new job it seems like I have been extremely down, and even think about suicide sometimes. I feel like I will never find someone I like who also likes me as much, I feel like people at every single job I have ever had have thought of me as stupid, even though I'm not, I just am a slow worker, and I feel completely bored with life and can't seem to find the meaning in anything lately or feel happy. I guess I was just so used to being busy with school and sorority events that now that summer has started I'm not used to having so much free time.. I'm just kind of lost and the only word I can explain my feelings as would have to be empty. Does anyone else relate to this? I have felt this way in the past and it eventually goes away and my positive outlook comes back into spin, but I hate this. I wander if I have seasonal depression.. it seems to always happen when the weather changes.

I'm sorry you're feeling so down. That does sound like depression, whether it's seasonal or otherwise. (Though people with seasonal depression are typically happier in the warm, sunny months, and sad during the cold, dark ones I think?)

I've struggled with depression my whole life too. I guess what's helped the most for me is a determination to "keep on keeping on", and if you feel like you're stuck in a rut, try to change SOMETHING to help get yourself out of it. Try a new hobby, or change your routine, do something different... Sometimes things like that might spur you to find enjoyment in life again!

Also, as weird as it sounds, I find I'm much happier when I take time to think about things I'm grateful for. Things like having a roof over my head, and food to eat... I realize I'm much luckier than a lot of people in this world. We all have our challenges to face in life, and knowing that helps me to accept mine!

Sorry your summer is off to a rough start - I hope it gets better from here! *hugs*

Welcome to adulthood sorat116, it hits you like a ton of bricks. It's too bad they don't better prepare youth for what the real world is like. It gets...hmm...would like to say better and easier...it does sometimes, then other times it gets worse. It's how you cope with it and make of it I guess.

Hi, I can relate to feeling all those things. Maybe you do have the summer blues. Do you stay on campus or go home for the summer? I live in a town with a major university and everything just slooows down when all the kids leave. This may sound cliche but my best advice is try to stay busy. Go out, make some new friends, find a new hobby...work hard but don't let it swallow your life, you're very young and have plenty of time for that later :)

I know what you mean. Try to get out of routine, changing your perception, reading (or anything like it which could get the wheels in your head turning). Try to look beyond the job and beyond school and all the other formalities.

soret116
i'm sorry for what's happening to u right now. i've already crossed that path, but when i decided to quit working, and til now unemployed, how i wished i didn't let my personal and work problems overwhelmed me. now, it's hard for me to start again.. it's a very long story, but my point is, if u have a problem with ur job i would suggest find another. well i know that it's not easy to find job, i know the feeling, but it's one option to ur problem. if u don't wanna find another job, then just appreciate ur job, focus on it rather than the other things around that gives stress. it's better that u have some struggles about the things u have instead of being problematic cuz u have nothing. i just don't want u to end up like me. fight while u can.. 2nd chance is not an assurance. believe me. :)

Sometimes it is a struggle for me but i like to think it won't always be like that, i've struggled with depression and anxiety and all that since i was a child so i'm sort of used to it, i know that there are good times in life. I find that it helps to keep busy or just doing something you enjoy when you feel down. I like to listen to music and read when i'm stressed and alone. Keep your chin up :)

Sci-Fi said:
Welcome to adulthood sorat116, it hits you like a ton of bricks. It's too bad they don't better prepare youth for what the real world is like. It gets...hmm...would like to say better and easier...it does sometimes, then other times it gets worse. It's how you cope with it and make of it I guess.

Yeah. In my case, the Bricks = A constant issue with money lol

Gutted said:
Sci-Fi said:

Yeah. In my case, the Bricks = A constant issue with money lol

I know a couple of close friends that are millionairs.
Both HighSchool drop outs. Both badboys at onetime or another.
One of them worked for me. The other was a just a bussiness
associate that I past on alot of bussiness knowelege.
The youngest made his first million and owned his own bussiness
at the age of 24. The other one open up his own bussiness
at the age of 27. He became a millionair within a year.

Both of these people are basically are the only people that
had helped me me...geniuely help me and tried to help me...
beyound the moral supports.
I lived with the youngest one in his big ass house for a year.
He gave me a job, a car, a place to live...everything. So that
I can get back on my feet.

The other one kept offering me money...And he would give
any finacial support i needed to start my own bussiness.
He sent me money before without any questions asked...
Alway inviting me to go on his plan ride or boat ride
or stay at his new home anytime i want....
He just wanted me to be happy and enjoy the good life too.
He kept telling me over and over again. you can
do it...you have all the smarts and skills..but you work for
other people. After all I gave him plenty of informations
to help his bussiness.

Both of these guys own air plans and racing team.
They dont work too hard today, I know that.

I had some sort of blockage.....

There's other things i notice about them too. Im starting
to apply the principles and the way they think..

I have a lot of rich friends that I grew up with.lol
these 3 others guys...well, their spoil..but they still dont have money issues beucase of family's wealth.
One of them has a big establish construction bussiness. They own yatches.lmao

The other one,,his dad is a doctor. He dosnt work..no matter how much he fucks up.lol
They live in a massion in SD, now. Bascailly just with his dad ,now

The one Im currently hanging out with....they own realistate. They're millionairs.
He dosnt really work. He drives around in his golfkart drunk around their trailor park they own for 5 mins. p night.lmao
He's a major fresia up....But he's set for life.

My parents and a couple of my aunties own rental realestates. Grips of them...
Im somewhere between a fresia up and trying to get my honeysuckle together.lmao
My mom wanted me to move back to Thailand and just manage the apartments and build a big ass house
on a piece of land she purchased. Bascailly give me $1000 p month...but it's like $10,000.
I was very un happy after Jenni died and my mother basically just wanted me to be happy and dont work
anymore. Just find grips of beautiful Thia women to fresia or falling love with one or two,lmao
But i have hang ups with Blondes with big boobs...hahaaaaaa
Plus I stayed becuase I have 2 daughters I wanted and needed to be reunited with.
One of them makes grips of moola and it's been a challenge and a half to set things right for her.
I just want her to be happy too....

sorat116 said:

What are your co-workers like? Is there anybody there who seems to reflect your attitude back to you? Is there somebody with a really dominant personality who picks on you? Somebody really depressed who holds you hostage with their inane stories? I'm just pointing out to see if you have anybody there who is helping to feed your depression.

Having your activities change, i.e. having free time, not having the school schedule and sorority events could definitely trigger depression. With this new period of free time, your mind is open to all kinds of thoughts, and you need to deal with those thoughts: otherwise, you're just bottling them up. As you said, they go away, but they come back. This is a great opportunity to find out what's going on with this feeling of emptiness.

Or maybe you're just 19 and having a typical existential crisis.

I can completely relate. I sometimes wonder about seasonal depression because I seem to get really down during the summer. Possibly because I hate the season and I stay indoors more? I don't know. Anyway.......... I understand what you mean,and I have depressive thoughts nearly every day. It's like I'm holding on to thin air and I want to let go but I'm not because of the ones who love me. I feel like I'm stuck here, even though I'm not.

Sci-Fi said:

Unfortunately this is largely true. I had my problems as a kid, but they really took off once I joined the adult world. School/university doesn't prepare you for the real world. I'm now over 50 and still haven't adjusted to adult life.

sorat116 said:

Seasonal change? Yes I suffer from it greatly. It's been raining for four days now and I've been watching Tv and reading books. I want to work more on my story I'm writing but after awhile I get so sleepy and pass out. Am I depressed? Yeah but I always manage to work out of it. Suicide isn't worth it okay. I'm going through a hard time right now myself but I'll be here for you if you need someone to talk too. I hate seeking sad people suffer. :( No one should suffer alone.

Latest posts

Back