Do you ever just want to die

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If your young, go to school, if your older, go to your work or, hell, talk to your neighbors!

Making friends is easy and natural. All you have to do is break your mental barriers.

Yes, I feel like I want to die as well; but very few people want to be friends with people like that kind of mentality. You'll have much higher chances being confident and happy.

Talk to people! That's it, talk and open up.

It looks like you're not alone. There are quite a few people, including me, who share similar thoughts :)

I relate to what Sterling wrote in her post. It's good to wait for another day with a hope for something better.

And try not to put too much blame on yourself. Even if there was your fault at any point, as long as you did your best to correct it, you can't bear guilt through your whole life. Also, I don't think that five failed marriages makes you less worthy of a good partner or a close friend. It's always hard to find one :)

Some days are beautiful, and I can imagine a life where most days are. I am not eager to die, for death has been waiting for me since the moment I was born and we shall certainly meet. I want to find what I'm looking for before time runs out.

Jamm...I think I might just ******* post that on facebook as a quote. I like it.

I'm looking death in the face,and it's so depressing to see so many young people that are tired of life!

You haven't even tasted it yet!

Jilted John said:
I'm looking death in the face,and it's so depressing to see so many young people that are tired of life!

Well, maybe it's not so depressing. You can outlive some of younger ones :)

John, what is the best age to get a taste of life?

Well, I just don't know. What a question, indeed. At what age do you really get a taste of life? Hmmm... Being a newcomer to this forum, my mind is being tested frequently. Not only do I have my own personal issues, but I also have to take into consideration other's issues/situations.
The perceived norm may not be the case with some here. There are undoubtedly some who have physical and/or mental hindrances that diminish their 'quality' of life. This could certainly bring rise to feelings such as depression or loneliness. The young lad who's diagnosed with leukemia. The infant who has severe seizures. The girl who has prom night coming up, and nobody has asked her to go. Varying situations at different degrees.
Does the future offer a life worth tasting? Some say yes, and others question it.

All i know is life's a **** rollercoaster. Seems one minute I feel so alive and the next I feel so empty. Maybe I am worthy of a good relationship. I hate the days I'm so empty. The saddest part is I'm so incredibly blessed. I have an amazing family a good job a few friends. It just seems that so much of the time I look in the mirror and see a hollow man standing there. For along time I was numb. Numb was safe. I want to be safe again. I imagine death as numb.

I just wish I was never born. I have felt like this basically my whole life, and its the sole reason I will NEVER have kids (well that, and the fact that one must have a mate to procreate). I would never bring another human into this world knowing that there is a good chance they could go through life feeling the same way I do.

Ak5 said:
If your young, go to school, if your older, go to your work or, hell, talk to your neighbors!

Making friends is easy and natural. All you have to do is break your mental barriers.

Yes, I feel like I want to die as well; but very few people want to be friends with people like that kind of mentality. You'll have much higher chances being confident and happy.

Making friends isn't easy and natural for everybody. If it were that easy I wouldn't be so isolated, and it certainly never will be natural for me. I was never taught the basic social skills I needed to get along with others, and picking them up by trial and error along the way will never make them completely natural to me, not to mention the penalties in the adult world for picking up on (or not!) the wrong social cues. I wish there were classes that taught adult social skills, so people who don't have a clue, like me, could learn them in a relatively safe setting.

Jilted John said:

I agree with you, precisely. From what I have seen in past years, it seems that much of the younger generations are adopting a lower value on life, probably due to the turbulence in today's world. Nonetheless, there is always something amazing out there to find solace an fulfillment in life, you only have to discover it. Keep living it up while you can. The world is full of beauty. And death is an indecisive remedy.

Jilted John said:

I agree with you, precisely. From what I have seen in past years, it seems that much of the younger generations are adopting a lower value on life, probably due to the turbulence in today's world. Nonetheless, there is always something amazing out there to find solace an fulfillment in life, you only have to discover it. Keep living it up while you can. The world is full of beauty. And death is an indecisive remedy.

goldenrod said:
Ak5 said:

Making friends isn't easy and natural for everybody. If it were that easy I wouldn't be so isolated, and it certainly never will be natural for me. I was never taught the basic social skills I needed to get along with others, and picking them up by trial and error along the way will never make them completely natural to me, not to mention the penalties in the adult world for picking up on (or not!) the wrong social cues. I wish there were classes that taught adult social skills, so people who don't have a clue, like me, could learn them in a relatively safe setting.

In most cases, the only person not allowing you to have friends is yourself.

Even at school and work. You can't expect 100% of the people to bully you and hate you. Granted, if you live in a town of 5 people and those other 4 people living there hate you, you can't do anything!

And yes there are classes taught, at all ages. There is at least one friend for you, all you have to do is find him/her.

Latest posts

Back