Do you ever love your loneliness?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

angeLLblueshadow

i know this may seem like a strange quiestion, we all say we want friends and somebody to talk to, i want this too, but don't you ever think that you being lonely can be good, i do, i want very much to have friends and not to feel this sad and lonely anymore, but at the same time, there are moments, when i'm just greatful for my loneliness, i like being alone, and i think this makes me special and in those moments i can even say i'm happy a little bit, maybe feeling this is not right, but this is me...and sometimes i wish i never change...i want to be lonely...i guess it's easier this way, accepting your loneliness...what do you think?

angeLLblueshadow said:
being lonely can be good, i do, i want very much to have friends and not to feel this sad and lonely anymore, but at the same time, there are moments, when i'm just greatful for my loneliness

Hi angeLLblueshadow,
I think this isn't a strange question - at least not in my case. I fear other's judgment: that's why often I prefer to be lonely. Especially when I feel depressed and lacking self-confidence.
I can't say I'm happy or grateful for my loneliness, because on the other hand I want to meet new people. In those moments I feel better if I see nobody around me (except family or old friends).

yes, i mean when we are around people we have to try to make ourselves liked, or trying to hide something, to not hurt anybody, but if you are alone and lonely you are free, and maybe with time we could be happy, even beeing alone; thanks for sharing your oppinion...

angeLLblueshadow said:
maybe with time we could be happy, even beeing alone

I don't think so. Unfortunately I think that it's impossible to be happy being alone. I know I often avoid people because it makes me feel less anxious, but it's not the solution to the problem..

i don't know maybe it's not the solution to the problem, but then again if we all feel it, why shouldn't we just let it be there, to live with it, sometimes i feel better just being lonely and not even thinking about meeting people this way my head doesn't hurt of thinking so much how to make new friends, but this is my oppinion, anybody else?

Definitely have felt that way too. Sometimes it's just much easier to deal with. Sometimes being alone is nice because it lets me focus on other important things. I also relate to what you said about not worrying about making friends etc., and just relaxing with the lonliness, at times :p

It's funny, but I don't think it's abnormal, I think it's great.

I think we can feel things more deeply. Since we've felt the sting of loneliness, we KNOW what real pain is more than some others do. We feel more deeply, we love stronger, we hate harder. People who feel deeply tend to be more depressed and more sensitive than the typical idiots. They say ignorance is bliss!

I think this is an interesting question. The Lonelygirl person says that persons who feel deeply are more sensetive than the "typical idiots," and I wonder why it is that persons who are accustomed to being with others, and NOT being lonely, are idiots.
Is this the idea that there's no light without shadow, or whatever? 'Cuz I think it may be possible to create a mirror shell around a flashlight, and so no shadows.
I think what is meant, or at least how I understand it, is that persons with a greater understanding of pain are more capable of feeling greater peaks of happiness, because mabe there's a range, like singers practicing lower and higher tones, or some weird analogy.
One thing that I recognized a few months ago is that "being lonely" is not necessarily a source of art, or anything like that (not that it can't most definitely be a source). But loneliness also isn't something special; note all the people on here trying to express the feeling and cope with it.
I'm thinking about whether or not I love my loneliness with this rant, and I know I used to. I would pen terrible, awful short stories, and other weird things, and think, "Well, others don't understand the depth of emotion," or whatever, and then, when others WOULD read it, they would say, "This is terrible." The point I found is that if something is artistic, then it must be appreciated by somebody outside the artist, because if it isn't it's just wrapped up in the artist's own interpretations, and nobody else can appreciate it (again, note, my own definition). But. So it wasn't artistic.
Being lonely doesn't make me special, and it doesn't give me a greater vision of the world. It's just a bad, nasty feeling that I don't know how to deal with, and one that I don't want to look to as a purpose in my life.

When I am in the depths of lonliness there is a strange comfortableness about it - wallowing in it I suppose.

When I am alone, there is no one who can hurt me... Among other people I feel even more lonely because they ignore me when I try to interact with them. Yesterday I tried to ask some guys who were passing by "how to get to..." (where I needed to)... they just ignored me.

i think i understand you mimizu; ifeel the same way, when i'm lonely i feel better, when i'm among people i have to pretend and they always hurt me ...it's harder to explain

mimizu said:
When I am alone, there is no one who can hurt me... Among other people I feel even more lonely because they ignore me when I try to interact with them. Yesterday I tried to ask some guys who were passing by "how to get to..." (where I needed to)... they just ignored me.

You said it. When no one is around I don't have to be afraid of getting hurt. I don't have to pretend. I can drop my shield and relax.

Don't get discouraged by those guys. Most people are usually polite enough to atleast give you directions ^^

Well some of you make decent points but clearly nobody can live a happy life reclusively living along from others. People need OTHER PEOPLE at least a few times in their life!!

Its never good to be lonely. Everybody needs somebody in their lives. Its tough to be alone. Everybody needs somebody sometimes.

for me being with other people had always been a dream never reallity, you know i've always dreamt i'd have my own little group of friends, that kind of freinds that always stick together and defend each other....i'm still dreaming of this...but now i'm starting to be comfortable with my loneliness, that's why i started this thread...

I love to be alone but I hate being lonely. It's like a nagging feeling that instead of helping you to do something about it you just sink lower. And unfortunately to really feel like you have a purpose you need other people. At least it's like that with me.

Well, guest, I beg to differ. I believe that some of the greatest art, music, poetry, and literature has been inspired by a person experiencing deep loneliness.

I am not a shallow person. I don't hang out at the mall buying pink sweaters and overpriced crappy hand bags made in china right alongside the cheapo ones.

I don't have pictures of kittens in my house, or listen to top 40 radio. I don't ostracize people who wear all black and who look and think differently.

Anyone who thinks an original thought has a hard time fitting in with the sheeple. We may become quite isolated since, I, for once, refuse to just swallow the truth and my passion and just follow the crowd to fit in!

Sometimes it can also feel good to me that I don't have to be afraid of being lonely. I'm so used to it. Lots of people out there have friends or loved ones that are always around them. If they would suddenly be completely lonely, it would be hard for them to deal with it, and I think that they're afraid of that loneliness. I don't have to be afraid.

Latest posts

Back