Do you ever love your loneliness?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lonelygirl said:
Anyone who thinks an original thought has a hard time fitting in with the sheeple. We may become quite isolated since, I, for once, refuse to just swallow the truth and my passion and just follow the crowd to fit in!

So the reason you are lonely is that the rest of the world won't accept you for who you are?

Note, I never said loneliness could NOT be a source of inspiration; I just said there has to be some talent, or expression, or knowledge gained from the loneliness for anyone other than the lonely person him/her/itself to consider it worth reading/watching/other... senses/interpretations of some kind...

yup.. i do like my loneliness.. and maybe im saying this because i fight so hard to justify it. i've learnt to like it.. being lonely is perfectly fine.. its advantageous in such n such a way.. hey.. u can do this n this n that too.. and u dont have to do this n that.. thats what i keep telling myself everytime my chest feels heavy.. im lonely but im fine.. i'l get by.. i know

angeLLblueshadow said:
i know this may seem like a strange quiestion, we all say we want friends and somebody to talk to, i want this too, but don't you ever think that you being lonely can be good, i do, i want very much to have friends and not to feel this sad and lonely anymore, but at the same time, there are moments, when i'm just greatful for my loneliness, i like being alone, and i think this makes me special and in those moments i can even say i'm happy a little bit, maybe feeling this is not right, but this is me...and sometimes i wish i never change...i want to be lonely...i guess it's easier this way, accepting your loneliness...what do you think?

being lonely can be good..you can't be judged or frowned upon by 'social butterflies'.. sometimes you can be true to yourself by yourself and be truly happy

tashar_boo said:
being lonely can be good..you can't be judged or frowned upon by 'social butterflies'.. sometimes you can be true to yourself by yourself and be truly happy

i totally agre with you tashar_boo you are right and this gives this thread a totally new way of looking at the problem; you don't have to try and become as the "social butterflies" this way we wopuldn't be happy and as you said true to ourselves, so isn't it better to be alone and at peace with your mind that you are this way because this is the real you then having a lot of fake friends just because you tried to be like those social persons, which usually don't have any true friends? (don't understand me wrong, it is wonderful to have a true friend! i'm talking about fake friends which are esier to find then true friends, right?)

I hate being alone all the time but I prefer to be alone than to be with people who constantly puts you down and hurt you.Loneliness can also be a healthy hunger a natural sign that we are lacking companionship. Just as hunger moves us to take in nourishing food, feelings of loneliness should move us to seek out and find good friends. In the end we need to stop isolating ourselves for whatever reason because it solves nothing and inevitably makes us feel lonelier.

FILOBOY, i agree with you in a way...maybe loneliouness does make us to go and look for friends, but after trying and not succeding so many times, loneliness make us feel better being alone and just makes us want to be lonely...at least this is my oppinion...and my experience...

angeLLblueshadow said:
i know this may seem like a strange quiestion, we all say we want friends and somebody to talk to, i want this too, but don't you ever think that you being lonely can be good, i do, i want very much to have friends and not to feel this sad and lonely anymore, but at the same time, there are moments, when i'm just greatful for my loneliness, i like being alone, and i think this makes me special and in those moments i can even say i'm happy a little bit, maybe feeling this is not right, but this is me...and sometimes i wish i never change...i want to be lonely...i guess it's easier this way, accepting your loneliness...what do you think?

kind of agree with you... KIND OF...
but @ the same time.... I don't think this so good... because WE ALL NEED somebody to talk with. to share opinions to say great things to each other...

in case if there is Love, you should talk, find more about him, tell him more about you... because time passes arAund... you should know each other.... not be locked...

P.S. sry for the "A" in the "arAund" word )

i think my loneliness loves me more. i'm always with people at my job; being lonely in a social environment totally kills me. today i was so angry and sad i couldn't stay and have a beer; no, i just said bye. that's it.

solitude is vital, but loneliness is just deep suffering.

Hmm.

Are you lonely tonight? (Sings Elvis.)

I'm lonely since my husband and child went to go visit some of his more obnoxious relatives, and my sister says that hanging around with her friends is 'more fun' than watching a classic Audrey Hepburn film with me!!!!

Bored, depressed, lonely, and let's face it, horny...
Signing off,

Lonely Girl.

I find it easier for myself to be alone, but I don't really like being alone, and I'm by myself most of the time. So I try to get out and about when I have the opportunity.

There is something about the lonliness I have. It feels like it's apart of me. Something that makes me who I am...I do like it sometimes because I can do better on my, but it can also go the other way for me.
I still want a friend though...

Latest posts

Back