Do you feel like sh*t after hanging out with your friends?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KuLiSaP

Reaction score
I haven’t seen my friend in two years. I love them dearly but i can't stand feeling more alone whenever I’m with them. I got tired of pretending I’m happy and they got annoyed coz I’m no longer the fun girl they used to know. Most of the time after we hang out, i go home and i feel like my chest is going to burst. It hurt so much, i can't breath.
I want to make new friends but i don't know how. I’m not a social person and I’m not good at making conversation. I just want to feel like i belong, that someone cares about me. I just want to feel alive again.

For what its worth I understand exactly how you feel.

You have already taken the first step to make new friends by sharing your story here. I would like to help you feel like you belong, and that someone cares. Would you care to share a little about yourself with us?

KuLiSaP said:
they got annoyed coz I’m no longer the fun girl
- Well, if they get annoyed instead of helping you, what kind of friends are they then? Good friends are with you in the ups and downs.
Well, that's is a part of my defination of friendship.

But remember, it's really hard to make friends "in the real world."
They don't hang on the trees.
I can only speak from my own experince, but I assume it is like that for many people.
But rather have no friends, than "friends" that don't care...

But there is always some that care in the world.
Even if it's just one person for you, that's enough. ;-)

thank's grundel!

I’m 29 and i live in New York. I don't like what i see every time i look in the mirror.
I’m afraid i will grow old alone and will die of loneliness.

A few of my friends tried to help. But I guess they got tired of trying to understand what’s going on inside my head. Once in a blue one, one or two will send me text
Message just to check up if am still alive. I don’t blame them for not understanding what’s happening to me. Even I don’t get how the hell this whole thing happened.
I used to be a happy person, always laughing out loud. Always out and about. Then I
Woke up one morning and my whole world just change. I felt alone.

CombatMal said:
KuLiSaP said:
they got annoyed coz I’m no longer the fun girl
- Well, if they get annoyed instead of helping you, what kind of friends are they then? Good friends are with you in the ups and downs.
Well, that's is a part of my defination of friendship.

But remember, it's really hard to make friends "in the real world."
They don't hang on the trees.
I can only speak from my own experince, but I assume it is like that for many people.
But rather have no friends, than "friends" that don't care...

But there is always some that care in the world.
Even if it's just one person for you, that's enough. ;-)

KuLiSaP i know how you feel, thats got to be my biggest fear, getting old and no one being there for me.
i hate how with my friends everyones moving on, got babies, buying houses, and i could have had that but now that im single again its like im back at square one........bluah!

KuLiSaP said:
thank's grundel!

I’m 29 and i live in New York. I don't like what i see every time i look in the mirror.

My dear,

I totally understand how you feel. I too am disgusted by what I see in the mirror. How would any woman want me? Yeah, I am a nice guy, bla bla bla...

One thing I have learned is that nice guys have TONS of female friends, but rarely anything more than that. I cannot tell you how many times I have heard 'if I were not married/in a relationship/gay I would go out with you in a second'. Yet when that particular dynamic changes they end up with someone else...and soon thereafter become my 'friend' again.

Bah, enough about me. This is about you! Thank you so much for sharing with us. You have nothing to be ashamed of here. I can't say i know exactly how you feel, but my pain and loneliness is made of the same things that your is. I know how I feel, and I know how real my sadness is. I also know how much it helps to talk to others about it. They may not be able to fix it, but they can offer you a shoulder, a kind word back, and understanding. It is this that I offer to you.

thank you sir for your support. am glad i found this site. i only been here for 2 days and so far the experience is positive. the people on the chatrooms are nice and they do undersatand where am coming from.
once again i just want to say thank you to everyone who reply on my post.
grundel70 said:
KuLiSaP said:
thank's grundel!

My dear,

I totally understand how you feel. I too am disgusted by what I see in the mirror. How would any woman want me? Yeah, I am a nice guy, bla bla bla...

One thing I have learned is that nice guys have TONS of female friends, but rarely anything more than that. I cannot tell you how many times I have heard 'if I were not married/in a relationship/gay I would go out with you in a second'. Yet when that particular dynamic changes they end up with someone else...and soon thereafter become my 'friend' again.

Bah, enough about me. This is about you! Thank you so much for sharing with us. You have nothing to be ashamed of here. I can't say i know exactly how you feel, but my pain and loneliness is made of the same things that your is. I know how I feel, and I know how real my sadness is. I also know how much it helps to talk to others about it. They may not be able to fix it, but they can offer you a shoulder, a kind word back, and understanding. It is this that I offer to you.

Latest posts

Back