Do you feel sorry...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Unacceptance

Reaction score
For people who knowingly make stupid choices then after repeatedly making them suffer some grievous consequence?

For example someone who sleeps around and is then infected with AIDS, someone who keeps wild ferocious animals that are not meant to be kept and is then mauled to death by them, someone who takes part in drinking and driving and is then crippled for life, etc.

well...Hell YES.

For me it was a relationship. I alreadly knew and many people told me and tried to help me
over and over again. I fought it for years & years and it basically almost killed me and I'm
still suffering the consiquence of it. You can google codependency if you wish to understand
more about it. I had knowelge and was armed with informations on such matters.
Never the less I did the exact opposite of what I already knew what i was suppost to do.
There was absolutely nothing i could had done to stop her from drinking or cured her alcoholism.
I did everything that most people did when they have a family member that has this terrible thing call
alcoholism. It's kind of messed up really..how in the hell are you suppost to stop loving someone ?
Or how in the hell can loving and caring for someone be so fucken wrong ?
Just the movie say " what is the answer when you get to the piont of enough is enough, if you love someone?"
The freanken answer is "never". I really, really wanted to beliving in that, becuase if I was to have
some sort of trouble, I hope people or love ones would never give on me.

You wouldn't or couldn't understand it unless you lived it. To feel sorry for loving someone, that's a hell of a thing to experince. It gose againts the grain of every living fiber of my being.
A part of me still wonder sometimes..was there anything else i could have done different ?

ok so first off , Lonesome Crow, THAT AVI CRACKED ME UP, NICE!
and it may sound crude, but this friend in my story deserves it.
i had a friend who got with this stripper *****, and they friggin hate each other, but neither party is willing to break this rancid relationship up. they've lost all there friends because no one wants to be around when they start fighting(literaly fighting throwing honeysuckle and the whole nine yards), its sad but i cut him out of my life for another reason im not meantioning.

we all need to weed out the trouble and surround ourselfs with positive energy, thats my two cents....

Unacceptance said:
For people who knowingly make stupid choices then after repeatedly making them suffer some grievous consequence?

For example someone who sleeps around and is then infected with AIDS, someone who keeps wild ferocious animals that are not meant to be kept and is then mauled to death by them, someone who takes part in drinking and driving and is then crippled for life, etc.

Yes, I would still feel sorry for them and be saddened by their misfortune. Did they ask for it, in spades even? Probably (referring to your examples above). That doesnt negate their suffering and I, for one at least, don't like to see others suffer, even if they brought it on themselves.

I agree with Crow/Eve. While its sad that they never thought through the consequences of their actions, that doesn't make their suffering any less real.

I had a friend who died of emphesema (through smoking)... even in hospital, he couldn't kick the habit, even though he needed to in order to get a lung transplant.

While its tempting to say that people get their just desserts, and sometimes there is a touch of Kismet involved, usually the situation is rather more complicated.

Yes i would imagine at times i do.

Unacceptance said:

Well...I don't know. That's kind of a tricky situation, isn't it? From your examples, I don't know that I'd have too much pity for those people. I guess it just depends on how often they keep making the stupid choices...We're all human, and we all make mistakes, but to suffer some horrible consequence based on one mistake is a pretty harsh punishment. On the other hand, if the person in question is making stupid choices all the time and just doesn't learn from them...Well, it's only a matter of time before you get kicked in the ass. That said, I don't like seeing people suffer. It's a hard question, and really depends on the circumstances, at least for me...

Latest posts

Back