Do you get mad when you hear about someone crying b/c they broke up with a gf/bf?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

lonelyloser

This upsets me. Sure, it can be heartbreaking when you lose someone...but still...do they think that it could be a lot worse? I guess it is all about perspective. For ppl like us, don't we wish we were in their shoes?

I've been keeping up with "The Real World" and there's a chick on there who has been causing drama all season because she broke up with her bf of 7 years. Wow, if that were my biggest problem, I'd be a happy camper!

nope.. i only get upset when people brake up with me. it's either anger or sadness. someone i care about has left recently, without notice. it's been a long time since i've felt this pain; it's like a part of your soul that's being taken away. i've tried many things to fill that void, but only time can heal.

lonelyloser said:
This upsets me. Sure, it can be heartbreaking when you lose someone...but still...do they think that it could be a lot worse? I guess it is all about perspective. For ppl like us, don't we wish we were in their shoes?

I've been keeping up with "The Real World" and there's a chick on there who has been causing drama all season because she broke up with her bf of 7 years. Wow, if that were my biggest problem, I'd be a happy camper!

Yea I have little sympathy for those people, but only because I've never really had a girlfriend, came close, but no. The worst feeling is regret for something that could have happened but never did...

ive been in both positions. & its alot worse 2 lose something u thought u had than 2 never have it

Ugh...yes I do get extremely upset, especially if the person is straight. They have tons of potential new mates to choose from. Just try being gay for a day - then you'll have something to cry about!

It depends on whether or not they were happy and functional together. If they were unhappy or dysfunctional then it was just inevitable they'd break up. If not then I'd be sad that two people couldn't be happy together.

Do I get mad when I hear about someone crying because they broke up with their girlfriend or boyfriend? Of course not!! Oh my goodness it makes me feel so sad that another person is in pain. :( That's so very hard to go through.

We're such complex creatures that some people are bound to be impossible. You're just not going to be compatible with anyone. Then you have to also take into consideration your flaws. Yeah, you're longing like crazy for a romantic relationship, but you have feelings too. If the challenge were to arrive, there's no guarantee you'd be as strong about working it out as your extreme longing for love now drives you to imagining you'd be.

lonelyloser said:

I once broke up with someone after 6 years. There's a reason people create a lot of drama around it. It hurts.

"Better to have loved and lost than not too have loved at all." Yeah well...try it.

I think "WOW"!!
I've been through all that before..and survived it. And I then I am thankful that I am never going to allow myself to go through all that again. Nope..never.

There's a good reason I've got a cuddle-buddy but we're not dating.
Everyone thinks we are, but we're not. We made a mutual decision that we wouldn't hurt each-other no matter what and if that means we're just cuddle-buddies then so be it. These things don't always go too well, but we're doing passably well, I suppose.

Qui said:
There's a good reason I've got a cuddle-buddy but we're not dating.
Everyone thinks we are, but we're not. We made a mutual decision that we wouldn't hurt each-other no matter what and if that means we're just cuddle-buddies then so be it. These things don't always go too well, but we're doing passably well, I suppose.

That's good Qui. I wish I had a cuddle buddy too. Its so much less pressure. The only thing is you have to be careful not to develop feelings for that person or else you're screwed (no pun intended).

Arianna said:
I think "WOW"!!
I've been through all that before..and survived it. And I then I am thankful that I am never going to allow myself to go through all that again. Nope..never.

That's exactly why I use the name I use as a matter of fact

maybe a few years ago I would have completely agreed with lonely and to some degree I do, but I don't know how other ppl feel, I mean I know my situation is bad now (and has been worse) so a break-up could almost be a comic relief, but to someone whose life is better than mine in some area's could see a breakup as like a mental break-down, and could feel just as intensly about it as I do about life in general.

I'd kill for a cuddle buddy. I'd crawl fifty miles on my hands and knees over broken glass and rusty nails while chewing a mouthful of razor blades for a cuddle buddy.

Which pretty much means I'll never get one...:(

I think for me having a girlfriend is like winning the jackpot...which is NEVER!:(

JustLost said:
I'd kill for a cuddle buddy. I'd crawl fifty miles on my hands and knees over broken glass and rusty nails while chewing a mouthful of razor blades for a cuddle buddy.

Which pretty much means I'll never get one...:(

I'm sorry. I'm not sure where mine came from, but he sure gives me grief. Hm, yeah I don't know where he came from. I was so independent and lonely and then all of a sudden, bananas.

when i see someone crying because of a break up it rather worries me than gets me mad. When a person's pissed and starts to throw plates on the floor its kinda normal. I think that girls crying is maybe in some cases seen as normal since we are always the drama queens in relationships. But seeing a man cry bothers me personally.

Latest posts

Back