Do you get mad when you hear about someone crying b/c they broke up with a gf/bf?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont think I would feel all that bad if someone broke up with me. Because I dont feel that bad when people I know die it doesnt even phase me. But I know when someone breaks up with you its more of a rejection so its probibly a little more ego damaging. But I think the main part that would bug me is the entire change of my daily routine. Because you make adjustments for others to include them in your life. And your daily routine to keep the included becomes a lot more filled with them from what I can tell. Like my cousin told me her bf calls her 8 times a day. Which I think would be impossible for me to do. And what the are they talking about that they needed to be called 8 times a day.

frey12 said:
Like my cousin told me her bf calls her 8 times a day. Which I think would be impossible for me to do. And what the are they talking about that they needed to be called 8 times a day.
Lol you never know how some couples can never run out of things to say in one day alone :D

JustLost said:
lonelyloser said:
This upsets me. Sure, it can be heartbreaking when you lose someone...but still...do they think that it could be a lot worse? I guess it is all about perspective. For ppl like us, don't we wish we were in their shoes?

I've been keeping up with "The Real World" and there's a chick on there who has been causing drama all season because she broke up with her bf of 7 years. Wow, if that were my biggest problem, I'd be a happy camper!

I once broke up with someone after 6 years. There's a reason people create a lot of drama around it. It hurts.

"Better to have loved and lost than not too have loved at all." Yeah well...try it.

Yep. We realise worse things happen but that doesn't mean it doesn't feel like someone is slowly ripping out your internal organs. There's a guy who dumped me 2 1/2 years ago and i'm still not over him at all- sometimes I still cry about it, yeh, but mostly because I should be over it by now and i figure I must be a very weak person.

human_condition said:
Yep. We realise worse things happen but that doesn't mean it doesn't feel like someone is slowly ripping out your internal organs. There's a guy who dumped me 2 1/2 years ago and i'm still not over him at all- sometimes I still cry about it, yeh, but mostly because I should be over it by now and i figure I must be a very weak person.

I don't think it's weakness. It would be nice if we could turn off our emotions and stop caring about people that leave us. However I think if we could do that, we would no longer be human.

It gets easier over time, but I don't think I've ever really "got over" anyone that's been close to me. I don't plan to let it stop me from trying again. Maybe it's just me, but I'd rather run the risk of heartbreak than be alone forever.

I don't get mad.. I just feel bad b/c I never know what to say to a person who's really upset over this sort of situation. My sister and her bf broke up at the beginning of this year and she was such a mess at that time. All she did was call me and then start crying. I felt like such a loser sister because I had no idea how to make her feel better, and I couldn't give her any useful advice :(.

hmmm. Its mostly the rejection part that bugs me. But I am pretty resilant, I geuss...

It bugs me when you tell someone that going out with said person is going to be bad and then they come crying to you when it takes a honeysuckle... thats pretty annoying.

tennisgirl said:
I don't get mad.. I just feel bad b/c I never know what to say to a person who's really upset over this sort of situation. My sister and her bf broke up at the beginning of this year and she was such a mess at that time. All she did was call me and then start crying. I felt like such a loser sister because I had no idea how to make her feel better, and I couldn't give her any useful advice :(.

If you just listened you most likely did the best thing, because advice wouldn't of changed anything. Because feelings are feelings and showing you care is way more important then any wise words. I do not know if you listened or not but you always have the option of asking her if you helped.

frey12 said:
If you just listened you most likely did the best thing, because advice wouldn't of changed anything. Because feelings are feelings and showing you care is way more important then any wise words.
Exactly!

There were times when I talked to a friend and wished she'd just listen instead of telling me what I should do or how I should feel. It's just wrong. How can I choose to feel some way when I'm deeply disturbed or hurt or angry at the time? All I wanted was for her to listen when I just needed to let it out. They never listened or cared. So I stopped talking to them.

Only made things worse lol. But oh well.

JustLost said:
lonelyloser said:
This upsets me. Sure, it can be heartbreaking when you lose someone...but still...do they think that it could be a lot worse? I guess it is all about perspective. For ppl like us, don't we wish we were in their shoes?

I've been keeping up with "The Real World" and there's a chick on there who has been causing drama all season because she broke up with her bf of 7 years. Wow, if that were my biggest problem, I'd be a happy camper!

I once broke up with someone after 6 years. There's a reason people create a lot of drama around it. It hurts.

"Better to have loved and lost than not too have loved at all." Yeah well...try it.

WOW! 6 years. that really hurts. but your right everything has its own reason. all we have to do is to move on.

toxic-tears said:
JustLost said:
lonelyloser said:

WOW! 6 years. that really hurts. but your right everything has its own reason. all we have to do is to move on.
6 years...then to move on..ouch. Sure hurts like crazy.

toxic-tears said:

This is true. I'm still finding it difficult to move on. I think I've forgotten how. I need a miracle, but the universe seems fresh out.

I don't think you ever totally "get over" anyone, and if you do, then it probably wasn't true love. I'm still reeling in some ways from my first rejection, perhaps eight years now and I know married women in their fifties who still pine for a teacher they fell in love with when they were 14.

It just dominates you life less over time.

Latest posts

Back