Do you have more time?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woz

Reaction score
I remember reading once that being lonely can alter our daily routines. I think this may be dependant on how you respond to your loneliness.

This year I have realised I am a very lonely person, but I believe I've started to enjoy the way I live by it. Unfortunately this now, admittedly, is holding me back with helping myself by being more social. When I've sorted my other problems, I think I will be confident enough to begin this!

A big reason I enjoy my way of life is the unbelievable amount of time I feel I have each day. I spend much of my time (when not at college) at home listening to music, watching tv, playing games and sometimes doing some research. My mind is always active and I always have cycles of thoughts with some usually 'deep' meaning.
I enjoy my own rules. I don't have to be in a hurry to meet someone, or have dinner at a specific time.

I hope this makes sense, does anybody else feel they have more time on their hands?

I try to go out and socialize with Meetup groups. I prefer the smaller events. The ones with hundreds of people are too clique-ish hard for a new person to meet anyone.

I actually met a really great lady at a weekly dinner meetup group, but she's WAY outta my league. :(

LonelyInAtl said:
I try to go out and socialize with Meetup groups. I prefer the smaller events. The ones with hundreds of people are too clique-ish hard for a new person to meet anyone.

I actually met a really great lady at a weekly dinner meetup group, but she's WAY outta my league. :(

She may just be looking for a really nice guy who will treat her well.

Try not to think of her as out of your league (hypocrite I know). Just maintain the friendship and if you get the chance to be cheeky, flirty and funny then try it and see if she bites or definitely just wants to be friends.

'do as I say, not as I do' ;)

LonelyInAtl said:
I actually met a really great lady at a weekly dinner meetup group, but she's WAY outta my league.

She's only out of your league because you think she is.

Badjedidude said:
LonelyInAtl said:
I actually met a really great lady at a weekly dinner meetup group, but she's WAY outta my league.

She's only out of your league because you think she is.

Actually, I think any girl is out of any bloke's league if SHE thinks she is, but you're right that thinking it won't help, because she might not be thinking that at all.... no matter how unbelievable that might seem to someone who desn't like themselves much.

LIA, what if she's actually thinking "ok, so he's average looking and not my usual 'type' but he is so sweet and I'm sick of ********... I hope he shows that he's interested and is capable of flirting a bit"?

Try not to think about it, relax and be yourself, but if you get a chance wink, smile and say slightly cheeky and suggestive things imo. If she keeps playing with her hair, laughing and looking you in the eye then you are probably good to move in closer and keep her eye contact to create a 'moment'.

Yeah I feel like this. In lots of ways but I still try to be social but I'm more comfortable being on my own now and drifting away from others. But I still try to manage it all, cause once I learn I'm drifting away from loved ones or friends I tell them about how I feel so there aware. Cause I love my friends.

WallflowerGirl83 said:
Yeah I feel like this. In lots of ways but I still try to be social but I'm more comfortable being on my own now and drifting away from others. But I still try to manage it all, cause once I learn I'm drifting away from loved ones or friends I tell them about how I feel so there aware. Cause I love my friends.

Yes I think I do this too, trying to manage how far away I drift. I think sometimes I choose to drift though as I am very cautious about my friends. Many people my age take advantage of me because I spend a lot of money on them. To this day I have very few friends I don't want to lose so, like you, I talk to them if I feel I am drifting from them.

Yeah man it defo changes me. Ironically loneliness always has a huge positive impact on my life. You change the way you think and your mind/body responds.

jetsuo said:
Yeah man it defo changes me. Ironically loneliness always has a huge positive impact on my life. You change the way you think and your mind/body responds.

How do you feel about the change?
I enjoy it but maybe too much. It's making me want to escape this life and start a new one, living off the land with less mainstream and more natural, ascetic (?) lifestyle. I feel like this is what my life should be, just because my loneliness and head-injury has changed how I feel about the people around me. (Apologies if that makes no sense)

Latest posts

Back