Do you reset??

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1000lifetimes

Reaction score
Do you? Is your life painfully cyclical? Do you find yourself climbing up the mountain, only to get to the top and for a brief second look out at the horizon and feel happy...only to tumble back down the other side only to end up staring at the bottom of the same mountain for the thousandth time?!

Beautiful post, I go to sleep thrilled wake up depressed. Fall asleep depressed wake up confused. Some days feel so weird for absloutely no reason at all. Hey I accept that but I sure as hell dont like.

When it seems like things are starting to get better. I get knocked down again and after a while it's hard to get back up. I'm not sure how many more times that I can be knocked down, however I still have some good moments/days so it's not all that bad.

Isn't that normal? My life is more like a roller-coaster ride than a Ferris wheel.

I feel that's just how life is. The part you can change is your reaction to being in a valley. When I find myself being super sad for me or my situation, I can shake it off by giving myself a good talking to. At one time I was comfortable being miserable, waaay too comfortable, I dwelt in my misery, don't allow that for yourself. When you are down recognize it as something everyone in the world goes through and start climbing out of it. My mistake was to think I was the only one to experience it.

1000lifetimes said:
Do you? Is your life painfully cyclical? Do you find yourself climbing up the mountain, only to get to the top and for a brief second look out at the horizon and feel happy...only to tumble back down the other side only to end up staring at the bottom of the same mountain for the thousandth time?!

Yep. And the decision is always like trying to decide if you want to amputate now or die of a serious disease later on.

Yes, I think we all do. I heard someone say our lives can be stripped almost to the bone, and we start again. It's part of the human condition.

-Teresa

Latest posts

Back