Do You Sense EVIL Growing In the World? You are RIGHT!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aaron, don't you think it's possible that spiritual matters and psychological matters can intertwine?

That spiritual sickness aka doing wrong can make people depressed, wretched?

Indeed, ministration to the soul, what we now classify as psychotherapy, has been conducted under the auspices of religion, long before ever being taken up as part of secular medicine. But that is hardly to my point.

Faith without works is dead. Even priests do more than preach! Pep talks and scolding remain unhelpful to any serious problem.

Well I see what you mean by faith without works...what I am TRYING to do in my life is to be a more Christ-like person, meaning that I seek to HELP humans as He would have me do. When I do works, I work through: LISTENING, CARING, SUPPORTING, ENCOURAGING, PRAYING WITH, and whatever people need me for! So I think that I dont' need to be someone's psychologist, especially not someone online whom I've never met, but in real life I try to help anyone who asks me for help.

What is caring, really? Curiosity is the agent of conscience. And curiosity is often a threat to comforting beliefs. But caring may demand that affirmation of others take priority over affirmation for oneself.

Just because you want it to be simple, won't make things simple. Often, in order to help a stranger, you may need to get to know them better; to improve your listening and dialectical skills, in essence growing and becoming a better psychotherapist or father confessor. -And ever to proffer advice for improving external circumstances, a better sociologist and consultant as well...

Again, the pep talks and scolding may often be useless if not actually harmful.

Why are these simple ideas so distressing to you? What is unclear?

PS. I find myself relating to you far better as you rephrase your position, a subtle change, disclosing your commendable desire rather than announcing your self image. And arguing your point is far more helpful than taking umberage.

Oh my goodness.

Glad that you are feeling better toward me, but I still feel that my approach speaks for itself.

By the way, it's spelled 'umbrage.'

Do you really want to be a kinder person? Your approach, if indeed it speaks for itself, nevertheless, does not necessarily always flatter you.

I was teasing you. Have a sense of humor!

PS I was wondering if you had mentioned on another thread if you had Aspberger's Syndrome? If not, don't take that the wrong way, I was just curious.

I was not being snippy about your jibe at my spelling typo, if that's what you think. I was talking seriously about your approach, the way that I understood you to be talking about it. That you are better off actually answering on topic.

And whatever other thread to which you may allude is not on this forum.

Okay, fair enough. Don't think I'm judging you.

I understand that you might now agree that my approach is best, but I honestly think I am doing pretty well, many people do like my approach. I'm not perfect, by any means, though.

Kind regards,

LG.

I don't only have this disagreement with you, but with Robin's entire cult of encouragement. So, yes, I find myself in the minority view.

Well I'm afraid we lost Robin, at least temporarily. Did you read this entire thread? He got really upset. I hope that he will come back, even though he and I did not see eye to eye on every topic.

The only reason why i post this is to keep You from presuming that i ever would do something that the currently roaming guest has done.

jales said:
that need for survival on a personal level.....and Natural selection in my opinion is a really good theory ...yes things change..but what Darwin said however 'evil' it may sound..has nothing to do with DNA technology ..he was commenting on our past as a species..as well as that of other living things..

and

You basically just said that because we have morals there is a God...umm so if I said to you that we have moral standards in society because we feel..
As in if I steal from you, you feel bad...so eventually laws are put into place to protect everyone's feelings...

Then is there no God?

LoL, I'm not hurt at all... in fact I'm glad that you participated in this debate. Everyones views are welcome and, if nothing else, your insight gives me a chance to clarify my thoughts and solidify my own standing.

So to begin... The reason I brought up DNA and how it disproves Natural Selection and Evolutionary theory is because the theorists say that there are two possible catalysts to creating a NEW or EVOLVED creature.

1. Natural Selection
2. Mutation

MUTATION

I brought up DNA, because DNA science tells us that mutation of the DNA structure requires external catalyst, such as radiation or chemical substances being introduced. The science done with mutation to date has shown that altering DNA in this way causes cells to either die, cease growing, or develop negative growth. Not beneficial growth as some uneducated Evolutionists believe.
I am sorry but that does mean that the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles would have just been four normal sized, but quite toxic and dead, turtles in a sewer somewhere.

That is why radiation is used to treat cancer, because it can cause the cancerous cells to STOP growing. This science was not available to Darwin when he wrote his theories, so he had no idea that mutation must be ruled out as a catalyst to Evolution.

Szent-Gyorgyi, a two-time Nobel Prize winner, pointed out that it would be impossible for any organism to survive even for a moment, unless it were already complete with all its functions and they were all working perfectly or nearly so. Everything in a species has to work right, or it becomes weak and eventually dies out. Mutations do not strengthen; they only weaken. They do not produce new, stronger species; they only injure the ones which already exist.

NATURAL SELECTION:

First off, lets define Natural Selection...
Natural selection is the process by which favorable traits that are heritable become more common in successive generations of a population of reproducing organisms, and unfavorable traits that are heritable become less common. Natural selection acts on the phenotype, or the observable characteristics of an organism, such that individuals with favorable phenotypes are more likely to survive and reproduce than those with less favorable phenotypes. If these phenotypes have a genetic basis, then the genotype associated with the favorable phenotype will increase in frequency in the next generation. Over time, this process can result in adaptations that specialize organisms for particular ecological niches and may eventually result in the emergence of new species.

Ok, so I didn't really dispute Natural Selection though in my previous post, so I'll cover that now:

Neo-Darwinists: Charles Darwin said that natural selection made every single transition from one species to another. Those who adhere to natural selection as the only way evolution can occur are called Darwinists or Darwinian evolutionists.

Now he made this theory all the way back in the grand old year of 1859... that's hundreds of years ago! Think how far science has come since then, and how much of the information in modern science was not available to him at the time.

Keep in mind that changes within a species are not evolution. They occur all the time.

Entirely random: Not only is natural selection supposed to have produced everything, the process is said to be entirely random! Evolutionists can never admit that any intelligence was involved in the formation of squirrels, humming birds, or human beings.

Yet, how can it be called "selection"—when nothing was selected! And, surely, it cannot be considered "natural" since cross-species transitions never occur in nature.

Evolutionary theory requires change by random action alone. Yet, if even half those random changes were positive, the other half would have to be damaging.

How can total randomness select only that which is better and move only in advantageous directions?

So, If suddenly one ape became a man, would the other apes be willing to reproduce with it to create a new species? Most likely not. Not to mention that cross-species breeding is a physical impossibility due, in large part to chromosomes... it has been tried, and one mammalian species ovaries cannot accept the sperm of another totally different mammalian species (dog+dog=dog not dog+ape=new species).

So that newly formed, more intelligent ape would have died lonely and alone without the capability to procreate.

Survival of the fittest: This is a buzz word of evolutionists. But it is meaningless as far as enabling a new species to occur. The truth is that "survival of the fittest" is the opposite of evolution; it means that creatures which are not fit enough, whether produced by mutations or by random event, are eliminated, thus returning the species closer to its pure, primal species pattern.

There have been documented accounts from over 2000 years ago of animals and humans physical traits... why is it that in this world today there are still people capable of suffering from leprosy? After all that time why are there disease that affected us back then the same way as they are still capable of affecting us today? Our science evolves, our theories evolve, our society evolves. But all creatures great and small I am afraid, do not.

Another thing, I saw you mention slavery, so I'll comment on that...

Considering Natural Selection and slavery... If everyone followed the belief in Natural Selection, would it make more sense for slaves to remain slaves, or for society to decide that those who were slaves are humans too, and let them live as humans should be allowed to, freely?

After all slavery is a means of suppressing and controlling another people, and for such widespread acceptance of it to have been allowed (by the way, in Darwin's age slavery was still practiced on a large scale) the people encouraging and accepting slavery would had to have seen the slaves as a sub-species or, in the least, a lesser people. To see a slave as your equal would have been absurd to them. This view towards slaves has been shown time and time again in stories and accounts by people living in times when slavery was accepted.

So following the teachings of Natural Selection would encourage, more than discourage, slavery would it not?
(just so you know, my belief is that slavery is wrong, and that it came about because of beliefs much like Natural Selection, long before that term was ever coined)

One final point. There is documentation of what physical traits humans had thousands of years ago. Why has there been no new changes to our species? Not even slight outer physical changes? If Natural Selection were true we would probably have seen some trend in either the mating decisions or physical characteristics of humanity. We are the same physically as we were back then.

We have greatly altered the world around us yet, two thousand plus years and many environmental changes later, we remain physically the same.

There are a few differences in our species that define race. (WARNING: THE FOLLOWING IS A GENERALIZATION. IF YOU TAKE OFFENSE THEN YOU SHOULD SEE A PSYCHIATRIST) White people have rounded eyes, many variety of hair color, many variety of eye color. Black people have predominantly darker hair, rounded eyes, darker skin tones, eye colors have a tendency to be brown, green, grey. Asians have lighter skin, slanted eyes, darker hair, and so on...

That being said, I think an interesting experiment would be if you took all people of all races and stood them side by side according to slight variations in physical characteristics. I bet you would be able to show a perfect spectrum of white, turning into to Asian, turning into Indian, turning into to black, and so on all the way around again. There would be no defining point of transition between all of the races of man... why is that? Because there is no such thing as Natural Selection or Evolution. We are variations of human. Not distinct races, though for some reason we feel a need to identify ourselves, not only as individuals, but also as different races. Take away Natural Selection and Evolution and we are left with God, a Creator, a Designer.

Why are there many variations of physical characteristics of man but no broad physical differences (excluding deformities due to disease, mutation, or mutilation), because that's the way we were created... equal. We may look slightly different so that we can tell one another apart, but in both physical and mental capacities at birth, we are no different.

(barring negative medical difficulties or deformities that occur while in the womb, or due to negative environmental or hereditary influence).

Ok, all that ranting and raving aside I do believe in one aspect of Natural Selection (and this is a small truth amongst so much lies) is that, yes the strong survive. However, that applies only to the animal kingdom.
Look at Stephen Hawking. If it applied to humans as well, he probably would have died. Plus he had a wife and actually divorced her for another wife... Natural Selection would dictate that no woman would desire to be with a man in his physical condition... Darwin's Theories were a fad, the time has come to accept this and move on with scientific theories that have more basis in reality and less assumptions toward a fairytale past where a 1 in 200 trillion chance millions of years ago created us all. The whole idea is just... unscientific. :D

If people were to choose mates along the lines of Natural Selections dictation, it would in fact be classed more accurately as Artificial Selection.

Look at domesticated animals. At one point there was many animals roaming free. Nevertheless, people were able to develop domestic breeds of animals as well as crops through artificial selection. So ARTIFICIAL SELECTION created better breeds for our purposes. Not Natural Selection.

Chickens are around the world in massive proportions, yet the do-do bird no longer exists. Why do chickens still exist? Not because they learned to fly... because they are tasty and we love to eat them. :)

Well, I'm tired and my thoughts aren't really so coherent any more so I hope I didn't make too many confusing sentences or what not, cause I don't feel like going over this post and doing revisions right now... anyway, I'll just post as-is.

Thanks for the debate its been fun!

Lost in the Oilfield said:
Survival of the fittest: This is a buzz word of evolutionists. But it is meaningless as far as enabling a new species to occur. The truth is that "survival of the fittest"
No, "survival of the fitter"
is the opposite of evolution; it means that creatures which are not fit enough,
Not fit enough to what purpose? Answer: Not fit enough to reproduce. And this is taughtological.
whether produced by mutations or by random event, are eliminated, thus returning the species closer to its pure, primal species pattern.
No, that simply does not follow. Not all such variations are eliminated. Indeed, some actually turn out to be advantagious, fitter, one way or another.

There have been documented accounts from over 2000 years ago of animals and humans physical traits... why is it that in this world today there are still people capable of suffering from leprosy? After all that time why are there disease that affected us back then the same way as they are still capable of affecting us today? Our science evolves, our theories evolve, our society evolves. But all creatures great and small I am afraid, do not.
There is a book out: 'The Survival of the Sicker"

It turns out, for example, that sickle cell anemia in the short term, is helpful in surviving the Black Plague and living long enough to reproduce. And of course, aging is the side effect of a defense against cancer.

Evolution isn't pretty!

lonelygirl said:
Hmm Lost you raise a cool point--that if Darwin was right, WHERE can we get morals? After all, if there is no God, why not just rape and pillage? If there is no Creator who put this all in orbit, why not just do whatever you want?

Morals existed long before 0 BC.

They are related in some way to emotion. Our emotions could have evolved the same way as in apes. Protection of each other results in protection of self. Most animals seem to have emotions.

As far as rape and pillage... Well, thank mankind for the law. We are no different today then people were 5000 years ago. People I imagine usually didn't want to hurt those close to them. Most of the time it was war and destruction against their neighbors, who might be seen as an enemy. Just study Native Americans. However, these days we relate to people at much greater distances then we used to. This is one big fact in why I hate the demonization of any people or individuals. Because first comes demonization and then comes acceptance of a culture or individual to cause harm to. Many people do not feel compassion for the "bad guys". If you want to understand this better, study "Waco Texas" or "Ruby Ridge". I know there are bad people in the world, but from what I can tell, these two instances weren't against bad people. But we convinced ourselves that they were and that made it ok to hurt them. This has also been done against the arab and muslims more recently. We look at what is different between us rather then what is the same. What's more is usually bad people are more human then most people want to think. It's to easy to see people like they are some character from a book. Most of these people got to where they are because their life went down the tubes and they made really bad choices. Some are just dumb as rocks. Usually things involve powerful substances of some kind for the really mean individuals.

So basically empathy gives us morals. Which comes from emotion and the basic idea to do unto others what we want done unto us. Which I imagine this idea was around long before the bible.

You do have free choice, you could chose to be a monster if you wanted to. Of course then you will be emailing everyone from in prison :p .

Every instant of every moment you can make near infinite choices. Of course most of them you won't think of and so will be ignorant to those possibilities. Really beliefs are only limited to what you know and can chose to decide.

AaronAgassi said:

I don't even read websites like this. Literally ever. This is just my own personal view and opinion.

Of course I do see the human mind as largely a blank sheet of paper. Which that which affect's it's content is largely based upon culture. And some other things. Morals are also a part of a culture as that defines the norm. How a person can quantify their emotions is also learned so. I am convinced that in perfect conditions you could teach a person to believe they really are a chicken. To identify with them and act like them. With no other outside influences and raised that way from a child. A person would probably see nothing wrong with eating the poo of his fellow chickens. Chickens are really filthy creatures… lol

"Lord of the Flies" is a great book that kind of covers this.

Having morals can't be said to be proof of GOD though. It's not really proof of anything at all. It's just proof that people can have morals, not even that they will. Not all people even have morals so how can that be proof of god? All it really amounts to is people can see or believe literally anything they want to. Of course believing a nuclear bomb that is incoming is going to be blissful to experience is a bit crazy. A person can declare that a mouse turd is a sign of god if they wish. I could dub my cat god if I so wished. I could declare a rubber band the one true ring of power if I so wished. A belief in something doesn't make it true. Nor does faith in something make it true. It's just what you believe. Not evidence of anything. If you’re brainwashed into equating the feeling of happiness as gods love, then that will in fact seem to be true. Told so enough and with no way to ever prove otherwise people will believe it. A person could be trained to believe happiness meant that crops were going to grow guud. Or that it was time to read chicken entrails.

A person can literally believe or see anything they want to. Could even believe that they poo out cotton candy. Though I will strongly disagree :p .

Any guy could declare themselves king of a country. Of course unless they have the power to take it by force and become a dictator, most people will just think they are loony. I have played strategy games where you are a baron with a small land and you decide the king of your land is not long for this world. Declare yourself king and smash all his resistance. Sit in his throne and then you really are king.

People who say they feel the love of god. All they feel is the warmth of strong faith or belief. Though it could be a small touch of lunacy and fanaticism. What they really feel could just be constant gas that they miss interpret as a feeling of the love of god. With no evidence to really prove either way without question, there is no way to argue one way or the other at all. Faith and belief good. Blind faith. Ridiculous. All people need is a good idea to believe in. That said, I hate idols and worship.

I think it’s dangerous to not look at all things as having two sides. All things have pro’s and cons. All things have consequences and can set chains of events in motion. If you do not see things as two sided then you can declare literally anything and for a person as an individual it’s true, because that is all you will allow yourself to see. This is why some people actually think they are a jedi knight. It’s not really that they are crazy, just lost.

I don't feel that evil is growing; I think that the world is mostly corrupt as it is. To follow the Biblical revelation:

"Then the devil, taking Him up on a high mountain, showed Him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time. And the devil said to Him, "All this authority I will give You, and their glory; for this has been delivered to me, and I give it to whomever I wish.'Therefore, if You will worship before me, all will be Yours.' And Jesus answered and said to him, "Get behind Me, Satan! For it is written, 'You shall worship the Lord your God, and Him only you shall serve.'" Luke 4:5-8

Earth is Satan's Kingdom, and for the most part, the selfish and corrupt run the show. The best we can do is to try to live just and good lives ourselves, and do as much good as we can.

Regards,
IO

Latest posts

Back