Do you think lonely people tend to take less photos than others?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bebeskii

Reaction score
Today I've just realised that I have almost no photos of me except those class pictures :p. It seems teenagers take a selfie a lot. I know some of my classmate girls have hundreds of selfie in their phones. They try really hard to look the best and pretty. Also guys seem to have many photos. There's no specific reasons I don't photos. Just my photo album empty and me having no photos are just bit miserable for me. I gotta take a selfie right now LOL.

I've just changed my avatar by my photo and I feel bit awkward. I don't know. Just a photo but it requires much confidence to do it.

Probably so. Lonely people have fewer friends to take pics of, for one.

I don't do selfies...they almost always look bad. It's the angle & the limited capacity of cell phone cameras.

I noticed good looking people take a lot of pictures of themselves and good looking people will post picture of themselves on line or fb or just more apt to share them. Ugly people or people who are not good looking (or who 'think' they are not good looking) are not so quick with the pictures. Makes sense though, doesn't it?

I've got this thing where the camera starts weeping when it's aimed at me- damned these new gadgets and their personalities :p

It's anecdotal, mind you, but I bloody hate taking photos of myself or having people take photos of me, so I think you're on to something. Even when someone asks for a photo (this has only happened once), I'll make them wait quite some time before I take one & show it to them.

I avoid photos at all costs. When I was younger and not lonely, I had a few photos taken of me, but I didn't like it much. I think it just depends on the reason you don't want the picture taken.

It seems people like us do not like to take photos. Personally I hate to take a selfie and I just gotta ignore those people who says "you need photos !" or " are you too ugly to take a selfie?" or something like that.

I hope I don't appear in another photo again in my life.
If anybody points a camera at me, I turn away !

Wow, I’m almost all of you guys combined.

Personally, I really don’t like it when someone takes a picture of me. I try to avoid it at all costs, but sometimes, it’s inevitable (like family photos) and I have no choice; I’m forced to appear in it. Besides making me look chubbier, I don’t like them simply because of the fact that I’m an ugly person in nearly every way possible and I don’t like seeing myself, except when it's necessary.

Here’s a funny story for y’all. A couple of days ago, I was asked to organize all the family photos taken at events, like parties, holidays, etc. The photos were both digital and physical, by the way. They were a mess; I was not looking forward to it, but I did it nonetheless. As I kept organizing, I was finding photos where I appeared and felt really embarrassed, even though I was alone. I was either doing something really stupid or making faces that made me want to kill myself. Apparently, I was not a very bright kid. Also, growing up, I remember that I stopped smiling at the photos as a teenager. Just like I expected, every single photo taken of me, from when I was a teenager to an adult, had the same grumpy expression. I would have stopped right there and then, but then I had the idea of separating the ones where I appeared from the ones I did not appeared in. Now I know what you’re all questioning: What did I do with the photos? Simple, I burned them. =) What about the digital ones? I deleted them. It relieves me to think that there’s not a single photo about me now and I’ll make sure it stays that way.

I think to a certain extent yes, however I wouldn't consider myself good looking and I generally enjoy having photos taken of me. I have even taken some photos of myself in the past and I'm definitely lonely from time to time.

AnonymousMe said:
Wow, I’m almost all of you guys combined.

Personally, I really don’t like it when someone takes a picture of me. I try to avoid it at all costs, but sometimes, it’s inevitable (like family photos) and I have no choice; I’m forced to appear in it. Besides making me look chubbier, I don’t like them simply because of the fact that I’m an ugly person in nearly every way possible and I don’t like seeing myself, except when it's necessary.

Here’s a funny story for y’all. A couple of days ago, I was asked to organize all the family photos taken at events, like parties, holidays, etc. The photos were both digital and physical, by the way. They were a mess; I was not looking forward to it, but I did it nonetheless. As I kept organizing, I was finding photos where I appeared and felt really embarrassed, even though I was alone. I was either doing something really stupid or making faces that made me want to kill myself. Apparently, I was not a very bright kid. Also, growing up, I remember that I stopped smiling at the photos as a teenager. Just like I expected, every single photo taken of me, from when I was a teenager to an adult, had the same grumpy expression. I would have stopped right there and then, but then I had the idea of separating the ones where I appeared from the ones I did not appeared in. Now I know what you’re all questioning: What did I do with the photos? Simple, I burned them. =) What about the digital ones? I deleted them. It relieves me to think that there’s not a single photo about me now and I’ll make sure it stays that way.
You burned them? I appear grumpy and bit sad on most photos taken of me. Although I try to force myself energetic and happy I end up with some kind of stupid face I don't even want to look at. Like you, I deleted many of my photos. Yes, It is a relief that people who know me can't find any of my photos.

Ohh.. I know this well. >_< I hate being front of camera but being behind it is not a problem to me. I feel like every possible photo of me are unattractive. But when looking to mirror, I look OK! So weird.

I know I take photo's less often than other people cause I don't have a big group of people to hang out with. I'm usually on my own most of the time & overtime I've learned to become my own best friend cause it's been so hard for me to meet new friends where I live. However I do take photo's of myself every so often if I'm working on a project or for photography purposes. Photography is important to me and sometimes I like fooling around and taking random photo's of myself but I mostly take photo's of nature. =)

My facebook is full of pics of my dogs and cats. :)

I wouldn't think I am terrible looking, but I hate taking "selfies". I look dumb in them.

Sometimes I guess I wish I had more pictures of me, it seems like I don't have many. But then again, I guess that tells me the problem - I'm not doing as much as I could be doing with my life.

Everyone, I’m going to go a bit off-topic here.

Most of us hate it when people take pictures of us (duh, of course), but what about being recorded? OoO

Personally, I don’t think it can get any worse than that! It’s all we hate about photos, but magnified x10.
I refuse to watch any recorded videos I appear in; it’s one of the most embarrassing things it can EVER happen to me.

AnonymousMe said:

Most of us hate it when people take pictures of us (duh, of course), but what about being recorded? OoO

Personally, I don’t think it can get any worse than that! It’s all we hate about photos, but magnified x10.
I refuse to watch any recorded videos I appear in; it’s one of the most embarrassing things it can EVER happen to me.

yes that's horrible too. It can really dent your confidence.

I like photography very much but I am not interested in photo's of people just looking at the camera, find them boring.

AnonymousMe said:

I used to not like seeing or hearing myself.I started doing a video journal for several reasons, one being, to try and get comfortable with my appearance and my voice. It helped me somewhat. I also realized how ear-grating my voice is when I'm not just hearing it inside my head.

Latest posts

Back