Do you watch/read videogame reviews?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Felix

Reaction score
I watch AVGN (Angry Videogame Nerd), Yuriofwind, AG Entreteinment, etc, etc.

My favourite by far is AVGN, his reviews are hilarious. You could say I'm a fan, I even made some fanart for his website.

I used to read a Nintendo magazine a long time ago, I liked their writen reviews but the ones I find online nowadays aren't that good.

If I ever do read or watch reviews, it's purely for entertainment and seeing what other people have to say. I know quite a few people who take game reviews to heart, and take them seriously, judging how good or bad a game is without ever trying the game themselves. I think that while reviews are entertaining, they're not know-alls of what a game is.

I love watching AVGN, but I don't usually watch or read reviews. Whenever a new game sparks my interest, I'll skim over a few reviews to see what the authors liked and disliked. The scores don't really matter to me, because there have been many occasions where I liked something that the authors disliked, or disliked something that the authors liked.

I read Rock Paper Shotgun 'reviews' and I read Giant Bomb and listen to the Giant Bombcast. Those are my two favourites.

Oh, and I'll sometimes go and look at the Zero Punctuation series on the Escapist website, more for lulz than anything else. But yeah I've found RPS and Giant Bomb tend to have the best reviews.

Oh, and TotalBiscuit!

Not really, I only watch them if I happen across them and I'm bored enough to watch.

Lone Apothecary said:
I love watching AVGN, but I don't usually watch or read reviews. Whenever a new game sparks my interest, I'll skim over a few reviews to see what the authors liked and disliked. The scores don't really matter to me, because there have been many occasions where I liked something that the authors disliked, or disliked something that the authors liked.

Heh, that's exactly what I do, usually skim over and often disagree with the authors... Just like in movie reviews or anything else. I think it's hard to find a source you agree with.

I don't anymore. I don't really buy games. In the past though, for a while, I collected a Nintendo Magazine called ''Official Nintendo Magazine'' I collected it from Issue 7 - Issue 35. Then I collected them for a while, before tearing them apart in the name of Art at college. The Official Nintendo Magazine actually caused me to join my first online community. Their forums. A lot happened thanks to that place :D Good times ^_^

Latest posts

Back