Does American chocolate taste like vomit?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^maybe you just got a stale bar?

I've always thought it tasted fine.
I am not speaking from personal experience. I watched videos where people, sometimes even Americans, eat and compare different chocolates. The major consensus being that American chocolate tastes "different" when compared to European chocolate with European chocolate tasting much sweeter.

Are you American? If so, have you had European chocolate? Have you tasted any differences?

The major consensus being that American chocolate tastes "different" when compared to European chocolate with European chocolate tasting much sweeter.
Everything American tastes different than the European comparisons. America likes nasty ass chemicals in the food.
Starbursts are INSANELY different. I got some from Europe. They actually taste like the fruit they are supposed to be. The American version tastes nothing close to actual fruit.

I am not speaking from personal experience. I watched videos where people, sometimes even Americans, eat and compare different chocolates. The major consensus being that American chocolate tastes "different" when compared to European chocolate with European chocolate tasting much sweeter.

Are you American? If so, have you had European chocolate? Have you tasted any differences?

Yeah, I'm American, and I don't know if I've had European chocolate. Maybe here and there but not often. I don't really eat chocolate often, nor do I know that much about the differences between one chocolate and another. So mine is a very non-expert, casual opinion.

Everything American tastes different than the European comparisons. America likes nasty ass chemicals in the food.
Starbursts are INSANELY different. I got some from Europe. They actually taste like the fruit they are supposed to be. The American version tastes nothing close to actual fruit.

I haven't had Starbursts in years, but I would be interested in trying those for sure. Especially side by side.

What country did you get yours from?

I haven't had Starbursts in years, but I would be interested in trying those for sure. Especially side by side.

What country did you get yours from?
England. The flavors are different too. The ones I got had Black Currant, Orange, Strawberry and Lemon/Lime. I would take those over the American version any day.

I keep hearing stuff like this more and more, and feel like if id travel to the US for a while i would just die from the food or something.

I've never tried American chocolate, British chocolate is shite it tastes of nothing but milk and sugar.

I keep hearing stuff like this more and more, and feel like if id travel to the US for a while i would just die from the food or something.
Me too, especially about the amount of unhealthy, sometimes even banned in other countries, food additives that America allows in its food.

That being said, America has those awesome food challenges where you have to eat like a huge steak in 30 minutes or you have to pay for it. That and it has one of the highest variety available with almost all kinds of food being served there, which is expected since the place a huge melting pot of cultures.

They also deep fry anything on the planet. Which my heart says no to but I low key wanna try some.

I'm from Belgium, and we have some of the best chocolate in the world. Having said that, I have yet to taste the American one, because I have never traveled there.
I know that tastes differ across the world, and that for example Fanta is much sweeter in Latin America than it is here.
But to argue about tastes is silly, what one person finds nice another might hate.
To come back to chocolate, the percentage of cocoa is a good measure of its quality.

Including BUTTER. Not lying.....
I know! This is on my bucket list of foods to try when I visit America. Just gotta make sure its way down on the list just in case it becomes the last thing I eat 😂😋.

Have you tried it? What foods would you recommend for a visitor to try? Foods that are America's specialty.

I know! This is on my bucket list of foods to try when I visit America. Just gotta make sure its way down on the list just in case it becomes the last thing I eat 😂😋.

Have you tried it? What foods would you recommend for a visitor to try? Foods that are America's specialty.
Good God, no, I have no tried it...and never plan to. lol

If you want all the "glorious" fried offerings in America, I would suggest you visit during State Fair season. I believe Texas has the best offerings for friend honeysuckle.

I have tried Fried Ice Cream. That's pretty good. Definitely go for that. As for non fried foods. I'm not sure what I would recommend. Probably pizza and burgers. Hot dogs. Really anything from a food truck. lol

I've never tried American chocolate, British chocolate is shite it tastes of nothing but milk and sugar.
I disagree. American chocolate tastes weird and cheap (if we're talking Hershey's). British chocolate is the best. Surely you have dark chocolate in the U.K.? Milk chocolate tastes milky and sugary, but it's supposed to.

Good God, no, I have no tried it...and never plan to. lol

If you want all the "glorious" fried offerings in America, I would suggest you visit during State Fair season. I believe Texas has the best offerings for friend honeysuckle.

I have tried Fried Ice Cream. That's pretty good. Definitely go for that. As for non fried foods. I'm not sure what I would recommend. Probably pizza and burgers. Hot dogs. Really anything from a food truck. lol
Deep fried ice cream? Haven't heard of that but it sounds OK. Sweet from the ice cream but savoury from the batter. Yeah, I'd give that a try.

I've watched a lot of videos about food trucks in America. It looks like you can serve pretty much anything from a truck these days. I do want to try the American take on falafel as a falafel connoisseur myself. (joking but not really)

Anyway, thanks for the reccomend callie. I'll have to put texas on the map when I visit. (after Chicago that is so I can try their pizza)

(after Chicago that is so I can try their pizza)
Chicago is a must for pizza, but so is New York. Detroit has a special pizza too, but I would skip that, it's not that special. lol

Oh, also, try the BBQ. I would go either Nashville or Texas for that. Do you have s'mores over there? If not, you have to have that. And if you come at the end of November, definitely find a Thanksgiving dinner to go to.

I disagree. American chocolate tastes weird and cheap (if we're talking Hershey's). British chocolate is the best. Surely you have dark chocolate in the U.K.? Milk chocolate tastes milky and sugary, but it's supposed to.
Yeah we have dark chocolate and it tastes crap too. We use far too much vegetable fat and not enough cocoa solids. The sale of British chocolate was banned in several European countries, because of it's lack of cocoa content, until the EU stepped in and got the ban lifted for breaching EU trade terms.

Belgian or Swiss chocolate is insanely good.

Including BUTTER. Not lying.....
When I was a teen I enjoyed the odd deep fried Mars Bar... VERY sickly IMO.

Some of American food looks amazing, but you don't hear much about sweets like chocolate, or candy.

Latest posts

Back