Does anyone still believe in true love?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe it's the scarcity mindset but, I once had true love and it's gone so I would be very impressed if I met another true love in my life. Like winning the lottery twice, I think it's not bound to happen. Might be wrong, perhaps.

kamya said:
they never consider the fact that the emotion we call "love" is stimulated by specific hormones and sensations, and that they can be re-stimulated if willing to put in the time and effort. When both partners are willing to do that then we get what you would call "True" love I guess, or a "Lasting" love.

I wonder what these specific hormones and sensations are and how to get them re-stimulated. I'd love to learn that skill. It'd save heartbreaks and that would be one true lasting love.

Could be?
According to that article making good food, being healthy, and having great sex can help. Marriage counselors would probably know at least a little bit about it I guess. I've heard of techniques like having long kisses every day. And heard of faking when you are losing the passion it while still trying to make things work. Eventually those feelings are supposed to come back on their own. I dunno, I'm no counselor. Either way, it's going to take two people that are on the same page for things to work.

It's all in our brains.

I certainly do. But not like Disney movies portray it, "And they lived happily ever after".

Latest posts

Back