Domineering Mother

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dreamer8

Reaction score
My mother got a hold of a journal I'm keeping charting my depression. She and I had a moment,we hugged,talked,blah,blah,blah.
In the meantime,I had an appointment scheduled to talk to my doctor about my depression. Somehow the doctor called the house confirming an appointment for me to see them,and my mom caught it. She rescheduled my appointment so she could take me (and this morning tried guessing whether or not I was going to talk to him about my depression).
She doesn't trust doctors,but I need to tell him my situation so I can get help,because it's MY life.
I had to move back home for financial reasons. I thought my level of self-sufficiency and independance would've had some kind of...backbone being back home,but it doesn't.
She's controlling my life,and I'm suffering in silence.

Can you reschedule the appointment for when you want it? I would let the doctors office know to never leave messages and to only accept reschedules from you yourself.

I'm so sorry she's controlling your life. Do you feel that you can talk to her about that at all?

*hugs*

Seriously. Don't go with mum. You are old enough to go to the doctors and make appointments on your own. reschedule it and tell your mum that you cancelled it.

Yeah, youre an adult now. You know when to make these sorts of decisions. <3

Yeah, my mom used to try and dominate my adult life. Disowning her for a year fixed that. However, you just have to talk to her about this. You have to make sure she knows that there are some things you just need to do on your own.

She doesn't feel that way. My mother has to have her hands on the strings of my life.

Latest posts

Back