Don't feel like I can participate in this society ever

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cantante, I think you are right about a lot of this. Technology was supposed to bring us together, in a lot of ways it has, but it also isolates us an insulates us. I can't say I have anyone close to me, and at this point in my life it doesn't seem like it's going to happen. People just have no real interest in interacting with me on a regular basis, outside of work, no matter how much I reach out. It's just too inconvenient for them. So I have the Internet. I'm grateful for that much.

Cantante said:
Hi, guys (and girls)! I realize this is an old tread, but I want to write to you all anyway. I am about to leave, not going to tell where, it`s not important. I`ve been lonely a lot myself (and have been thinking a lot), I am also somewhat different from the majority of people, and can say this about all the world problems: It`s all because of laziness. Society is all about laziness. It is the norm to live in nature and just be oneself, by norm, I mean what is normal, what is expected of us humans. I am different because, I`m not lazy - I care enough about people not to be.

So, what is the root cause of laziness among most people? Like I just said, people don`t care enough about others. Why? I don`t know. Laziness? Could be. Or, just nature. Personally, I think it`s just nature. We still have a free will, but people don`t exercise it. Why? I think it`s stupidity. Why is it stupid not to care? Because when you care, you can achieve more, because you work together with others, not against them (like a society). So people are dumb. Not dumb in IQ, but in their future, being life-wise. Most people`s nature, is to be stupid, they don`t get how nice things could have been before it`s too late. I agree, kind people have an easier time doing more good things because they usually are smart, but it`s not an excuse for others.

Some say humans still have achieved a lot, but I disagree, when you work together and care, you achieve so much more joy, so humans have failed miserable all their time on this earth. At least, things were better in the old days when people were poor, because then you worked together and shared and did the best out of things. Going to the moon is nothing. Money is nothing. Religion is nothing. Fancy clothes and nice dishes is nothing.

Some stupid things in society:
1. Car. Why drive, when you can be with people all the time instead, together?
2. Music. Why listen to music, when you can sing and dance together? It`s something you can do everyday and it`s fun.
3. Money. Why use money, when you can hunt your own food and share from nature?
4. Technology. Who needs it, our bodies are self-suffient.
5. Buildings. They are all ugly and you can build one yourself in nature and have a fire by it and sit up late.
6. Eletricity. Who needs it, you can have a fire, see in the moonlight (much more romantic too).
7. A bed. Ever layed on the ground? On leafs and (whatelse)? It is much better for your back, so much more comfortable in the long run. And cleaner, a bed is always dirty. So is clothes.
8. School and kinder-garden. See 1, why not just be together all the time, young and old? What is the problem with that, really? You see, great dumbness, people rather spend time on jobs. And with jobs, you don`t have time for your children, so you send them off lol.
9. Job. You only waste time and earn money.
10. Travel. If you were satisfied with life, you wouldn`t travel.
11. Petrol. In some hundres years, the fun is over, what then? Live in nature again? See, huge dumbness, you alter the conditions of your life now, even though a petrol-based life isn`t natural, which makes you miserable. So in the future, your life will be richer (ops, you`re dead). You might be thinking that in the future, we will have substitues for petrol. But it`s not true, it`s free energy. Even if you use only solar power, it will alter the condtions on earth.
12. Computers and stuff. If you were truly satisfied with the people around you, you would rather be with them.
11. Animals in capitivity. Just a lack of empathy.

Greetings from Norway :)

I could be your friend, but too bad we live in different countries.

Amthorn said:
Cantante, I think you are right about a lot of this. Technology was supposed to bring us together, in a lot of ways it has, but it also isolates us an insulates us. I can't say I have anyone close to me, and at this point in my life it doesn't seem like it's going to happen. People just have no real interest in interacting with me on a regular basis, outside of work, no matter how much I reach out. It's just too inconvenient for them. So I have the Internet. I'm grateful for that much.

Two things that make me feel even lonelier. When people say, you always have your family and your health. No, I don't. Please don't assume that.

Value is what you make it. I'm unable to work, do to disability. I also have trust issues with people. At the same time, I need to do something to make my life meaningful. I do volunteer work. This way, I can contribute a small way to society. Sometimes you never know what kind of impact that simple thing will have on a person's life. It feels good.

lonesomebadger said:
Value is what you make it. I'm unable to work, do to disability. I also have trust issues with people. At the same time, I need to do something to make my life meaningful. I do volunteer work. This way, I can contribute a small way to society. Sometimes you never know what kind of impact that simple thing will have on a person's life. It feels good.

I think it's really cool that you do volunteer work, and have a chance to have a positive impact directly on someone's life. I want to do volunteer work too. When I look at all the jobs I've had, everything I ever created on the job that made money for someone else and paid me a paycheck was never really important. It's all been replaced by the next thing down the ramp. And it never made someone smile or made them happy the way really helping them can.

Latest posts

Back