Don't Know If Someone Cares?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Case

Reaction score
I saw this on someone's Tumblr page, and it made me smile.
Apologies if it's a repost.
"Good Morning"
“How was your day?”
“Be careful”
“Text me when you get home so I know you’re safe”
“Sweet dreams”
“How are you?”
“I hope you’re feeling better”
“Have a good day today!”
:)
“I miss you”
“Good night”
“Can you come over?”
“Can I come over?”
“Can I see you?”
“Can I call you?”
“You’re beautiful”
“Want something to drink?”
“Watch your step”
“Let’s watch a movie”
“What are you up to?”
“How is your day so far?”
“It will be okay”
“I’m here for you”
“Do you need anything?”
“Are you hungry?”
“I just wanted to hear your voice”
“You just made my day”

You don’t have to hear “I Love You” to know that someone does.
Listen carefully.
People speak from the heart more often than you think.

That's it.

Case said:
You don’t have to hear “I Love You” to know that someone does.
Listen carefully.
People speak from the heart more often than you think.

I have always thought so too. But not many people realise that when we ask these things of concern, it is also an act of love. Unfortunately.

Thanks for sharing this, Case. Hopefully more people will be aware of this from now on.

I tend to say two of those a lot. "Be careful" and "Want something to drink?" Not necessarily because I care but because I'd rather offer to get a drink while I'm thinking about it than for him to wait five minutes and tell me he's thirsty. And "be careful" because I know something always happens... smashing a finger, straining a muscle, a gash on his forearm... and somehow two words will help prevent those things from happening? I don't know, but I say them anyway.

Good post, Case. Many of us should realize it's the little things that add up more.

Thanks, all. I guess this struck a chord with me because I want to hear these things myself. There are people I care about that I say some of these things to, but no one I would consider someone I love beyond a close friendship. Hopefully, that will change one day.

These are things we tend to hear but not really view as loving or caring. At least not when we are in a dark place. Thanks for sharing.

Case said:
Thanks, all. I guess this struck a chord with me because I want to hear these things myself. There are people I care about that I say some of these things to, but (...). Hopefully, that will change one day.
+1
Thank you for sharing and caring.

Latest posts

Back