Dreams about a girl from school...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deprived

Reaction score
So my first post here...

Out of the blue I had a dream where this girl I had a crush on throughout highschool and me somehow ended up walking together and after a while of flirting she asked me out and I said yes and it was probably one of the best feelings of my life. Then, of course, I wake up to realise I have no girlfriend, no friends, nothing. I stay at home and study for Uni (distance learning).

I have accomplished a lot over the past few years (2 diplomas, kicked an alcohol addiction and just recently stopped other drugs; on that, I realised drugs don't make my life better and that I used them to escape from myself, rather I should be making myself a better person so perhaps I can like myself again). I've also got the groundwork down to start a part time business to make some money while I'm studying.

So even though school's been done with for 3 years (I'm 21), this girl still creeps into my thoughts every now and then. I think mostly because I learnt that she used to like me in year 7 through year 9 but gave up when I never made a move.

I don't now if swaering is against the rules so I'll avoid it.

I just wanted to vent something, any advice to overcome the crippling lonliness that followed this beautiful dream?

Oh one last thing: I've only ever had one girlfriend. It was never serious, lasted about a month in year 7.

Welcome to the site.

Swearing isn't not allowed, you'll see that the more threads you view. Generally though as a common rule in most forums, it is usually refrained from doing just out of politeness to other people. If you want to be treated as an adult you have to act like one. When someone swears a lot in a thread people don't take you as seriously or that you are angry. Most important, just try to be yourself.

As for your dream, sounds like you have a crush on this girl. That is common. A lot of times you'll dream about people, sometimes in a romantic way, but it doesn't always mean you have romantic feelings for that person. It could be that you just care about them a great deal, or that you do in fact love them. Dreams can be interpreted so many different ways.

Thanks for responding.

sounds like you have a crush on this girl

I guess I still do, at least now I understand the phrase "the one that got away". I suppose it's about time to get out there and meet new people. Now to find out how... I guess that's what this forum's for. :)

I don't know how to comment on your situation or the content of the dream you had, but I've always believed that if one dreams about a specific person for whom they have romantic feelings, it would have to be a sign to the person dreaming that they are thinking about that person frequently and their emotions are being retained in the thought patterns of their subconscious at night. Meaning the person they are likely in love with is truly important to them.

smileyvault-spam.gif
pandora jewelry canada offers wide variety of ring,
smileyvault-spam.gif
, earrings, watches and necklaces. but I like
smileyvault-spam.gif
the most. Pandora charms offer a wide variety in jewelry to enhance women style and choice. Adorable designs are available for customers. The most interesting aspect of
smileyvault-spam.gif
jewelry is that they provide customers the option to design their desired jewelry. Customers can choose metals, stones, outlook and can design jewelry items. A huge variety of metals and stones are provided to give the best to the customers. Uncounted metals and stones are available to bring your dream choice to reality. Buy
smileyvault-spam.gif
with BEST PRICES, Various
smileyvault-spam.gif
Jewelry Styles to Choose, Free Shipping, Fast Delivery.

DreamerDeceiver said:
I don't know how to comment on your situation or the content of the dream you had, but I've always believed that if one dreams about a specific person for whom they have romantic feelings, it would have to be a sign to the person dreaming that they are thinking about that person frequently and their emotions are being retained in the thought patterns of their subconscious at night. Meaning the person they are likely in love with is truly important to them.

I dream about my ex still frequently and we always make up and then I wake up and feel gutted! I wish you could just switch dreams on and off!

I have also 'romantically' dreamed about some very random people (and yes, not always girls) and then woke up and thought whoah where the hell did that come from! Often co-workers that I then have to bump into a couple of hours later at the coffee machine ha!

The Good Citizen said:
I have also 'romantically' dreamed about some very random people (and yes, not always girls) and then woke up and thought whoah where the hell did that come from!

Yeah, I've had that once before. It's weird, haha.

I believe that dreams are a place where your mind gets to play out fantasy's and ideas that it might have wanted to during the day, but for whatever reasons does not or can not.

Maybe there is something recent that triggered your memory of this girl?
Perhaps you saw someone that looked like her, and now you have her stuck in your thoughts?
Might be an idea to try and track her down on in an annual (yearbook) or try finding her on Facebook.
(I wouldn't tell her that you dreamed of her, but a simple 'hello' might help along whatever thoughts you're having about her).

Good luck :)

I missed the Facebook train at school, I only just set up an account the other day which means I currently have no friends on it or in real life :'( . Do you think it would be weird to add people I haven't spoken to in years? I guess that's what Facebook is for?

deprived said:
Do you think it would be weird to add people I haven't spoken to in years? I guess that's what Facebook is for?

I think that is the primary function if Facebook. I prefer SplashFace instead!

I had a recurring dream when I was younger. very vivid...

Riding a motorcycle on a long stretch of road... resembling the dragon road in dragonball? at ferocious speeds.. in a rush to buy some those cheap bigmacs at mcds before they closed. I never got there....

I kinda stopped having it when I got old enough to buy mcds anytime I wanted... and realized that mcds never closes lol

what does that mean about your dream girl? nothing... does it say anything about dreams? i dunno...
I'm just glad I got to share it. :)

I've had similar dreams about past crushes. I think they represent unfinished business or regrets in that you never got to ask her out. Your mind is acting out fantasies about what could of been.

Latest posts

Back