Dreams

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

Katia

Alright, I need some feedback on this.

Last night I had one of my most vivid dreams ever. It was almost if as I were actually experiencing this.

But what happened is that I ran into one of my good friends from a couple years back. In real life, she has actually moved about 10 hours away but in my dream we were back in our old neighborhood and she was seriously angry with me. She was mad because I never called her which is true. I haven't talked to her since summer. We got into this argument and she made a lot of logical reasons why I should call her even though I have nothing to say. What really struck me is how vivid the dream was.

I'm just wondering. Do any of you think that dreams are informative? Like they can give us answers to our problems? One of my problems is loneliness which is obvious since I am here. Should I call her? or just ignore the dream?

Dreams can be very informative. They're just your subconscious trying to become known. The hard part is interpreting them because they're symbolic mostly. Think of subconscious as a locked box of experiences,desires and ideas (usually those we try not to think about when awake), when you sleep that box opens and your mind tries to process the info and create a picture from it.

I think people should always take note of their dreams and try and find the meaning. But they shouldn't obsess on them or reach for answers. Interpretation can be wrong, just keep that in mind. It never hurts to do something you feel is right, because of a dream you had though.

No idea if these will have any truth to you at all but I've been on http://www.dreammoods.com a few times and it's generally been fairly close to the mark. A few keywords from there that might help?

Accuse

To dream that you are being accused of something, indicates that you are feeling guilty. It may also mean that you are having some doubts about yourself and the choices you are making.

To dream that you accuse others, signifies that you will have arguments with those around you.

Friend

To see friends in your dream, signifies aspects of your personality that you have rejected, but are ready to incorporate and acknowledge these rejected aspects of yourself. The relationships you have with those around you are important in learning about yourself. Additionally, this symbol foretells of happy tidings from them and the arrival of good news.

To see your childhood friend in your dream, signifies regression into your past where you had no responsibilities and things were much simpler and carefree. You may be wanting to escape the the pressures and stresses of adulthood. Consider the relationship you had with this friend and the lessons that were learned. Alternatively, the childhood friend may be suggesting that you have been acting in a childish manner and you need to start acting like an adult.

I had a dream that came true before...it was freakie.

How did my mind came up with the images of a place I never been before ?

Thanks everyone : )

All of your replies were very helpful. Now I have something to contemplate over.

I think you should call her. You're lonely, and maybe your dreaming is reminding you that you have somebody out there interested in being in contact with you but you've not made the effort. Nothing could really go wrong by calling...other than a bit of social awkwardness, but I think you'll feel better having called.

If you do, good luck. Maybe let us know how it turned out if you want :)

I do get dreams of the future and it is quite shocking that it is what I am facing.

I dreamt about my future facilitator
I dreamt about my future school
I dreamt about a website that I did not played in the past,but happened recently

Hope_Reigns, sorry to say this but Freud was a quack.

That said there are a number of theories regarding dreams and there isn't anything that says anything conclusive about dreams. Check out wikipedia to get an overview of them:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dream#Dream_theories

However, there will always be people who would claim that dreams are significant in someway and are trying to tell us something and there will be people who will say that they are nothing but 'essentially' random images that come to us at night.

In the end what you take from a dream is up to you. Do you want it to mean something? If so take some action. I would rather you think of a dream as a random event that you come across in your daily life, something that triggers an issue that you had forgotten about or ignored uptil now. Now that it is revived, might as well deal with it.

somniloquy, your last paragraph pretty much repeated what I said. Where are forgotten issues stored.. in your subconscious.. the box I referred to, which dreams allow to come out. I also said they were open to interpretation. What means one thing to one person may mean something different to another, so most dream sites aren't that helpful because they assume every symbol means the same thing to everyone.

Every time I've had stress in my life, or some issue I can't figure out, dreams have helped clarify things for me. I don't know why, or how, I just know they aren't random stupidness for no reason. The reason I talk of symbols is because pictures in peoples minds are created by the way your mind interprets the info it has or receives. (a group of people seeing different forms in an ink blot for example) what they see is based on what is going on in their mind.

Hope, I was referring to the subconscious trying to be known through dreams- that's what Freud said and did so without any proof. Apart from that I agree with your interpretation of dreams. I apologize for my post giving the wrong impression. My bad.

Well, whether the dream meant something or not, it gave me some things to think about. Perhaps it was my subconscious stringing some thoughts and images together. On the other hand, it would not hurt to call her. She is actually not a person to get angry very easily (It might have been for that reason that the dream was a little shocking: her anger).

I kind of like to think dreams can sometimes be a way of your brain sorting out problems in your life. Of course there are the dreams that are probably nothing and not to be regarded. But a dream like that one... It must mean something. If not, why was it so realistic?

Anyways, I'm just rambling a few thoughts. But I think I will call her. I have nothing lose by doing so.

Katia, think of this way: it means something because you want it to mean something.

A cloth with some colors and a particular design is a cloth with some colors and a particular design until someone finds it to mean the symbol of the identity of his/her nation. It is then when the cloth becomes a flag.

In the end though it just comes down to how you want to look at things. Your view of it is just as right as mine, or just as wrong. And yes, probably the right thing to do- to call I mean.

Latest posts

Back