Drugs

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

DayvanCowboy

I am just curious to see if anyone would like to comment on their experiences with various drugs. I am assuming that most of the posters here are on the younger side and havent yet been bit in the ass by the more negative long term effects of drug use but id still ike to hear about whats happened.

Alcohol - It was fun in the beginning until I reached my mid twenties. Nights of redecorating the back seat of my friends car with what I ate 3 hours ago and nearly winding up in a psychotic state made me stop getting so dead drunk. I also remember lighting myself on fire during a trip to the cottage. I rarely drink now and can't stand being around drunk people. I get kind of stabby when I am.

Marijuana - For a span of 4-5 years I smoked a good bit of it because I didn't really want to drink much anymore. I come from a town where its really easy to get if you are looking. It helped me sleep but after a while I just got bored with it and the mix of depression and weed did not help at all. In the end it made me much worse. A little over a year ago when things were so bad for me I just quit because it felt so juvenile to me. Once in a while I may take a toke if someone sparks one up but I don't buy it for myself anymore. I haven't smoked up since late July of 2007.

Mushrooms - Once was enough. Me and a group hiked along the biggest forest in our city looking for a good fire spot during the night time. We ended up finding a good spot and everyone just chilled and talked about the dumbest things while smoking and drinking. Then we heard cop sirens during the peak of everyone's trip. We all jet, everyone is going in their own direction including myself. Because its dark out I don't know where I am going and I end up falling off a little cliff. Turns out my friend was following me the whole time and I noticed from where he was that I must have fell at a distance of 20ft. Luckily it was the fall season and a huge pile of dead leaves saved me from getting real hurt. We all ended up meeting outside a local coffee shop where everyone including myself is just all dirtied up, bruised, and scratched from head to toe.

I really don't miss those times and I consider myself pretty lucky.

There is a lot of users here that well have good import for this thread. I am 34 today lol But I have never had problems with drugs or drink. I did spend about 2 months drinking vodka nearly every night for no other reason then I was depressed and board. But am not fit enough to keep abusing myself like that so I eventually gave my self a slap and now I only drink for fun, now and again.

I have took in the past weed (Marijuana). But I only have to have 2 drags and am out for the count as am not used to it.

Smoking normal cigarettes is the only way I could relate to being addicted to something and I been free from that disgusting habit nearly 3 years now I am glad to say.

I think if its in you to get addicted to something you have to be careful. I can take or leave drink but I know with cigarettes I could quite easily get addicted again. For others here its drink that they have to be careful about starting again.

The ends are always the same..jail , institutions or death.

I've been to jail :(
Err...I had to go see the shrink...they threw me in the rubber room
for a while.
I tried to to killed myself.

I don't drink or use drugs anymore for reasons.
I stopped at a every young age. Maybe I'm a light wieght.
Maybe my body can't hang or I can't hang...
It dosn't really matter to me...The last time I releapsed,
the **** detoxing almost killed me..I don't have another
detox in me.

I have too many stories...anywhere from PG-13 to XXX.
I have to play the tape to the end....(my bottom)

I was a pot head in HS...I drank when I was in the service
becuase drugs was illigal...It got progressive worsted.
I got trun on to meth at work. I didn't really get into trouble
or was what you're perception of an addict. I had a good job
and made plenty of money...I worked hard..I party hard.
I never though there was anything wrong...everybody around
me were doing the samething and worst. An addict I was hardcord.
An addict with a job.

It was really hard for me to break away from that life style at first.
I went into recovery...it saved my life.
I thought the people in recovery were going to teach me how
to drink like a gentleman or manage my drugs useage..
Wrong.....lmao
I was taught to learn how to live without having to use drugs
or alcohol. Some of recovery stuff sucks ass..sometimes being
clean and sober sucks ass...especailly having to deal with life
on life's terms..I fucken feel everything.
The lost of a Love one...or a relationship break up....
The **** emtional roller coasters during those hardtimes..sucks ass.
But no matter what happens...I don't pick up drugs or drink.
Somtimes even the GOD thing sucks ass...becuase I work the 12 steps program...Oh will...I had to do what i have to do.
I don't really want to go back from where i came from (my bottom).
I know if i use ...it'll lead me back to misery, misery eventaully.

On the flip side...when I'm happy, I'm truley happy.

Its a chioce I have to make for myself. I chose not to get messed
up no matter what today

Iv taken ecstacy a few times, Its fuckin magical when your at a dance party or something. Just think of the happiest you have ever felt and times it by 100. Tho speaking on my brothers behalf and somewhat mine, it changes your view on life, you look at the world differently.

I've never taken/used/tried any drugs, but I do drink on occasion, and I have a wicked high tolerance to it, so even when I'm "drunk" I don't really feel much different from being sober, save for feeling a little more laid back.

I think being a "guinea pig" for anti-depressants and prescribed medication for ADD and emotional disorders built up a tolerance in me. *shrug* Sorry I'm not much more helpful than that.

I tried weed once. It was dumb and I hated it. Can't see what all the hype is about.

Brian said:
I tried weed once. It was dumb and I hated it. Can't see what all the hype is about.

I've heard a lot of people say that. My dad said he tried it and all it did was make him fall asleep. :p

Estreen said:
so even when I'm "drunk" I don't really feel much different from being sober, save for feeling a little more laid back.

Perhaps you're not really drunk in the fullest sense then.

Brian}I tried weed once. It was dumb and I hated it. Can't see what all the hype is about. [/quote said:
Weed is GOOD.. man.. The key is to hold it in for a while and then gradually exhale. Let it fill you up and absorb you into its world :D

ExtensivexLDL said:
Estreen said:
so even when I'm "drunk" I don't really feel much different from being sober, save for feeling a little more laid back.

Perhaps you're not really drunk in the fullest sense then.

Well, I had had 11 shots of vodka within 3 hours once, and I felt buzzed the whole time. It takes me, usually, at least 3-4 drinks to start feeling anything, and I'm always very observant, never black out, things don't get fuzzy or distorted, and I dunno, it just wasn't what I imagined. I used to think being drunk made you kinda get a little "out of control" but, I feel the same for the most part. Sometimes I'll laugh a little more, but usually I'd already be in a good mood and when I hear/see something funny, not just randomly.

I think being a "guinea pig" for anti-depressants and prescribed medication for ADD and emotional disorders

squibble, sque sqeak,

that is guinea pig for hello fellow legal prescribtion drug guinea pig mate

*tips imagianary guinea pig hat*

:)

evanescencefan91 said:
I think being a "guinea pig" for anti-depressants and prescribed medication for ADD and emotional disorders

squibble, sque sqeak,

that is guinea pig for hello fellow legal prescribtion drug guinea pig mate

*tips imagianary guinea pig hat*

:)

Hehehe.

Squee-squeaky, squeakeh? :D "Hello, what's up?" :p

*shakes hand*

Alcohol: Though it's the only one drug (and yes, I consider it one) that I'm going to list that is legal to do recreational, it is by far the one that has brought me the worst experiences. Being shy I tend to drink to get drunk rather then actually liking the taste of any alcohol, except for Cognac - love Cognac. Anyway the few parties I've been too I've gotten really smashed and made an ass of myself. One time I told my bosses girlfriend that I wanted to "fresia her" and wished that her bf/my boss "didn't exist", very embarrassing. But most people can sympathize considering stupid drunk antics are pretty universal. When I drink I tend to blackout and wake up with a monstrous hangover and hangovers are worse than any withdrawals I've experienced.

Amphetamine/Adderall/Speed: It saved my life. I believe the drug to be relatively safe and the high is great. Unlike most of the other drugs I've tried Adderall makes me feel smarter, faster, more confident. Adderall helped me get friends and I'm so happy I took the stuff. There are downsides, like the extremely dry mouth and sleepless nights, but it's not so bad and there are ways to help with those. I only do Addies about once a month, any more and I'd feel that I could develop a serious addiction.

Marijuana: Weed is fun, and it's a great social drug. I mostly do it with my brother and watch The Daily Show/Colbert Report which is always a blast. Overall I enjoy weed at night, close to when I'm ready to wind down, but I don't really like how it makes you sort of dumb. Best thing about weed is jerking off when you're high on it - great sensation.

Oxycodone/Percocets: I want to try these more. I've tried Percs twice and it was crazy, I felt soooo good. But, I can't find someone who sells them and I know these are very dangerous. How good it felt when I tried it that one time made me think how easily it would to be addicted to these. I'd want to try them again but I know I'd have to be so careful with these.

I'll work my way up...

Weed: Going on a 2 year addiction. In love with it. It redefined my personality and gave me purpose... is also now my biggest downfall. The memory loss and laziness are destructive. Every thing has it's cost. Which reminds me... it's expensive here.

Alcohol: Get's me the most messed up. I don't drink because of that. my stomache feels queezy just thinking...

Mushrooms: Amazing experiences on these. Found myself on some adventures beyond normal comprehension. I lack the ability to hallucinate however. I learned more about myself on this then anything else.

Salvia: Messed with my head a bit. Wouldn't recommend this to anyone. Intense hallucinatory experience though still no outright hallucinations. No Mental enhancement what-so-ever.

Extasy: This made me fall in love with life. I also thought I loved one girl for 4 months. very confusing but it was always worth it. I am a lightshow GOD now. seriously... I'll blow your mind with some glowsticks. Downside: friends have OD'ed, It fucks up your memory. Incredibly expensive. (I haven't touched this in a while and wouldn't advise anyone ever trying to fix their life with this. you must be in a GOOD state of mind to use this drug properly!)

Acid: Comparable to mushrooms though the mental enhancement is blunted and the visuals are intensified. A lot rougher on the senses. You will have very awkward and dark thoughts on this drug. : ) I went to a few raves on this and it made it a very different experience. One time we got chased out of a forest by swat teams... i had to drive my truck tripping nuts with swat teams lining the roads. >.<

Opium: Not very effective on me... But the result is undeniable... it's a pain killer... you feel ******* good. very addictive... STAY AWAY FROM OPIATES AND TWEAKS!

Oxy Contin.... or however it was spelled: I don't wanna talk about this one... Again an opiate so it was drastically blunted to me... However there was a more mentally euphoric experience then on opium.

DMT: Few have treaded where this brings you. A plane of existence so remote it's boundaries are fabricated in contrast to reality. Purely mental experience. Here's a poem I wrote about it right after the incident...

My mind is a vivid darkeness
It's somethign I can't quite alter
I've found so many useless thoughts piled up in corners
Given them values all to determine one thing
All things are without value
Always pondering the end result
Does it make them invaluable?
Useless or the most important ideal...
Fine lines drawn between dimensions of understanding
Fine lines between imeasurable realms
However I've added them all up
They equate to something
Existence
A reprecussion of the reality of possibility
Where defiance and opposition
Determine and satisfy inequality
So that our senses may now be filled with lies
Our sanity is skin deep
Cleaving to hope in the face of oblivion
Is this real?
What is real?
This cannot be...
I stand in my own defiance
Bleeding practicality over fact
Disturbing my inner sancitity
I can no longer feel
Thoughts drowned out and vision failing
Patterns under cealed eyes
Yeilding bliss and fear
Am I alive?
No one answers
My hands melt beneath my flesh
There is no warmth
There is no life
A wall appears
This wall has no dimensions
It meerly exists
I am the wall?
Sparks illuminate my conscience
These were once called colors
Endless patterns stream by
These were once called shapes
I am already standing
I am the matter beneath the barrier
This shell... This flesh
My hands slip out of my pockets and I am greeted by creatures
My friends faces melt back on their lifeless exteriors
They are asking me questions
I cannot fathom the meanings behind sound
But already I am remembering
Already my visit with you is over
Goodbye god
Your embrace will give me strength to overcome your atrocities
I live on both sides
Inifinite knowledge...
I laugh and my mind is recreated
"Dude, how was it?"
My mind is flooded with too many thoughts
I can only muster a phrase
"...Holy honeysuckle..."

k that's all for now. feel free to ask me anything you want : )

Alcohol: Yeah, I guess you can say im quite the drinker. I like to drink. It kind of helps me escape reality and helps me feel a little bit better about myself. I feel like when I have a few drinks I can losen up and be me and not be judged. I like the feeling of getting drunk or F***ed up so to speak. Ive had some good memories of it and some bad ones too.

A lot of people I know dont approve of the fact of me drinking because alcoholism runs in my family, my father was an alcoholic since I was born whether he wants to admit it or not. he stopped because he was forced to stop. My family is afraid that I will follow his same footsteps. I dont give a fresia cause I know I wont. I have control, unlike him.

I smoke cigarettes all the time, another thing that helps me escape and feel like an individual. I made the choice to smoke, no one else did. I made a choice to do something, regardless of the fact if its bad for me.

Oxycodone: Yup however you spell it, ive had it, makes you feel good like your on cloud nine, not a bad feeling.

Marijuana: havent had it yet, but wanna try it to see what all the hype is about.

Anyother drug: wouldnt mind trying it, wanna see what it does. Im curious.

I've experimented with L.S.D., amphetamines and cocaine in the past. They're all horrible, horrible things best avoided. The only things I rely on now are cigarettes and, to a lesser extent, alcohol. I smoke weed occasionally.

I've done ecstasy before. Pretty sure i've had stuff slipped in drinks too. With ecstasy I threw up warm water once, kept going catatonic and would partially hallucinate on shapes I could see, I saw sammuel l jackson on the tele and he looked like a police dog. That kind of scared me alot.

Other than that, I keep my body clean and my mind filthy.

I had never drank until I was 20 (21 now). The first time I drank I had a couple of shots of Captain Morgan and the feeling I got from that after standing up for the first time was awesome to me. After drinking about 1-2 more times over the course of 2 months (weird for a college student, huh? :p) I drank too much one time and threw up for about 45 minutes. I have never drank since.

I tried weed at the end of last semester and it felt like I was in that lame Eddie Murphy movie where I was a tiny human controlling a robot body. IT was amazing. I've only smoked once after that a week ago and I'm probably going to start doing it more often.

I tried weed once and it was the ******* stupidest experience ever. What's the point? Made me feel all lackadaisical and like I didn't wanna do anything. If I want to feel like doing nothing, I can just lay on my couch and be useless by myself. fresia. My stoner buddy offered me a hit another time and I told him to stuff it up his ass. What a dumb honeysuckle. No wonder he's never going to go anywhere in life.

I like the taste of some alcoholic drinks, but I've only ever been drunk once and I decided that was for ******* retards too because I didn't like falling up the stairs. So I pretty much hate drunk people like I hate stoners. I had another not-as-useless friend who liked to drink and he always tried to get me to go with him. So on my 21st birthday I finally told him to shove his beer up his ass.

Is anyone seeing a pattern here? :)

nope_real said:
I've done ecstasy before. Pretty sure i've had stuff slipped in drinks too. With ecstasy I threw up warm water once, kept going catatonic and would partially hallucinate on shapes I could see, I saw sammuel l jackson on the tele and he looked like a police dog. That kind of scared me alot.

Other than that, I keep my body clean and my mind filthy.

Wait, ... how do you hallucinate with ecstasy?

Latest posts

Back