Energy Drinks

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoneKiller

Reaction score
I just thought that this would make an interesting thread. I did a search to make sure it hasn't already been addressed, and nothing showed.

My opinion on energy drinks is that they have wicked addictive qualities. I've tried several different kinds but received no energy. All they are basically is a ton of Vitamin B, and Caffeine. Being a heavy coffee drinker, that is probably why these drinks have little to no effect on me.

I think that the young teens who drink it by the bucket load get a little buzz due that and to their systems being naive to caffeine, and maybe increased levels of Vitamin B.

At any rate, it's my opinion that they can make you quite sick in large doses. What is your opinion on this? Below is a link to a site about different caffeine levels in popular drinks. In case anyone is curious.:)

http://www.energyfiend.com/the-caffeine-database

I'm a very keen coffee drinker too, and in the past I remember having to around 4-5 strong cups per day. I'd used to drink it every morning, during the day, and I'd get home and play Counter Strike: Source, and I'd be on the coffee too and all my concentration went on the game haha. Eventually I cut down on the coffee as I read it can have many side effects.

I researched that it can temporarily change a persons metabolic rate by stressing the adrenal glands that are responsible for the stress hormone, which is how it keeps people awake. But too much can burn you out so I decided to cut down, since it's not really a natural energy source but merely a stimulant.

I think it does have addictive qualities because caffeine is classified as a drug and it's easy to get addicted to the rush of energy people get from it. I have a friend that is addicted to the Monster energy drink, he's not normally a coffee drinker so I think what you say is true that it has a more addictive quality to those that aren't familiar with coffee, as a coffee drinker prefers the traditional caffeine source.

They don't really do much for me though as I'd prefer iced coffee than to a cold energy drink, or even better an Isotonic energy drink, which I have switched to since my excessive coffee days, I think this drink should be allowed to have the only label for a genuine source of energy when compared to coffee being sold in the marketplace, as labeling caffeine as energy is misleading as it isn't a 'good' source of energy.

Isotonic drinks replenish electrolytes in your body for exercise and has natural vitamins and salts lost in sweat to keep you hydrated, and I can certainly tell the different type of energy you get between the two - Coffee can leave you feeling sluggish after the unnatural energy boost, Isotonic on the other hand naturally replenishes minerals and electrolytes in the body for better concentration and stamina, which is why it's a great supplement for long distance runners or anyone needing extra energy that is good for the body.

But if you're looking for that sudden rush of sugar or caffiene to the head you wont get it with drinks like Powerade or any true sports energy drink, as it is designed to slowly release the energy in the best, longest lasting most efficient way possible. Which makes the added energy you get from Isotonic much more subtle to those you get from caffeine, which is how people often get bored of sports drinks because they don't feel that immediate sugar rush.

if i drink too much energy drink with caffeine in it, i start to hallucinate and become paranoid.

It's serious honeysuckle yo.

I would not be able to function without coffee, it lets me get honeysuckle done. :)

Badjedidude said:
ONLY DRINK WATER. WATER IS BEST LIQUID.

I agree! God **** god given water! I drink around 2 pints when I wake up every morning, it helps me wake up, then I end up p*ssing like a racehorse for the whole morning haha!

My doctor always says to drink water as it is the best. There is no substitute. You 2 are quite right on that one. Why the fresia can't water taste like Pepsi? It would be awesome.

Any liquid is ok from a hydration point of view. Plus too much water isn't good for you either. Those energy drinks are mostly likely full of sugar. I've never had one myself and I don't drink coffee. It's tea, water, fruit juice or fizz for me. Er and jack of course.

stumble said:
Any liquid is ok from a hydration point of view. Plus too much water isn't good for you either. Those energy drinks are mostly likely full of sugar. I've never had one myself and I don't drink coffee. It's tea, water, fruit juice or fizz for me. Er and jack of course.

Alcohol and coffee aren't good. The latter is a dieruetic and the former. I forget the mechanisms of the former. Also, saltwater is not good for hydration either.

I had to kick back on my energy drink consumption. The energy drinks started making me sick. I stopped drinking them for about a month. I had one yesterday and was charged up for a few hours, but then, the crash hit me. I don't think that they are that bad if you drink them in moderation. So, I also tried to cut down on sodas because I don't think too many of those are good for me either. So now I try to drink more water.

A few years ago when I was leaving my teen years behind at college, we drank red bull. Gave us some serious energy then.

Now maybe not so but the rare times I have them they give me a small lift nothing more, I think they affect us differently at different ages

Can't say no to a triple vodka red bull either ;)

I have one of those vitamin waters or w/e once in awhile. Otherwise I stick with water or juices. I don't do caffeine anymore, too many bad effects. Also... the energy drinks that I've tried don't seem to fulfill my thirst.

young people get enough caffeine from coke, and some do drink coffee, usually with lots of cream and sugar at places like dunkin donuts. Energy drinks don't give me any energy or seem to affect me at all. I like the taste of Amp original and the blue can berry I get once in a while, but they are rather pricey. Zero calorie propel fitness water is what I recommend. Also, stay away from Rockstar. That energy drink will thicken the artery walls in your heart. some energy dirnks contain estrogen.

Energy Drink doesn't effect me, most likely because the amount of coffee drink on a day (5-8 cups) a day. I'm not sure which one is worse to drink tho, my sister drinks a shitload of energy drink and she gets palpitations and headaches. But she's either addicted or is just naive (ignorant) because she keeps drinking that many anyways.

I never had such side effects with coffee except for being really energetic, but i don't even have that anymore.

Tear of the Goddess said:
Energy Drink doesn't effect me, most likely because the amount of coffee drink on a day (5-8 cups) a day. I'm not sure which one is worse to drink tho, my sister drinks a shitload of energy drink and she gets palpitations and headaches. But she's either addicted or is just naive (ignorant) because she keeps drinking that many anyways.

I never had such side effects with coffee except for being really energetic, but i don't even have that anymore.
Mmmmmmmmm.....Coffee. Nectar of the Gods.

[YOUTUBE]6kLKp-6WvF4&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Latest posts

Back