Enjoying life on your own

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to enjoy a range of things, and be reasonably sociable despite being an introvert. Taking my daughter out as she grew up, going to pubs with friends, and enjoying walks with my girlfriend where among some of the things I enjoyed. But none of those things happen anymore, and I simply just don’t go out now. My daughter has grown up, my friends rarely get together and have busy lives nowadays, and my girlfriend ended our relationship. I don’t like to do anything on my own, and feel very self conscious alone. My anxiety even makes me feel nervous going out for a simple short walk alone, and often I won’t bother. Having nothing to do and no one to do anything with leads to boredom and a very low mood, but I’m just not the type of person who would comfortably do anything on my own. I have been to a wedding this year, which felt uncomfortable as a single person even though my friends were there, but that is the only thing I have done all year, literally. I need someone to do something with, otherwise I will just sit in and watch tv all the time. I’m used to being alone, so general house bound activities are usually fine, but I still get lonely and bored often, even though I like the solitude sometimes. But my life is seriously and sadly missing any outdoor enjoyment and interaction.

I do almost everything on my own. I used to not do eating somewhere on my own, but i've grown into it. It's easier when i've been at a place before. I would really like to have people to do stuff with, but there are also things i wouldn't want to do with other people. Most i do is probably biking in some way. I don't think i'd want to do that with others.

I've gone to a concert before on my own too. Probably wouldn't mind festivals either if i found one i'd enjoy.

I am comfortable doing quite alot on my own. I do do much with my kids, but happy and do eat out alone, been pictures alone, walk alone. I would always prefer to do these things with someone I enjoy being with. Sometimes it is more enjoyable to be alone, but not all the time.

Latest posts

Back