Every-day premonitions?

• Thread starter daughter of the moon
  • Start date
Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

daughter of the moon

Do you guys sometimes have funny little premonitions about every-day things? I've had those all throughout my life. This morning I had another one, that's why I'm writing this :)
For example, a fairly new type is that I'll have the radio on and suddenly some song pops into my head, and they end up playing that exact song a minute later (too cool!).

In my childhood I had one fun experience regarding a candy bar. lol

One thing that's happened a hundred times is I'll think of a certain movie or episode (especially of The Simpsons, lol) and not too long after it will actually be on tv :)

What's yours?

daughter of the moon said:
Do you guys sometimes have funny little premonitions about every-day things? I've had those all throughout my life. This morning I had another one, that's why I'm writing this :)
For example, a fairly new type is that I'll have the radio on and suddenly some song pops into my head, and they end up playing that exact song a minute later (too cool!).

In my childhood I had one fun experience regarding a candy bar. lol

One thing that's happened a hundred times is I'll think of a certain movie or episode (especially of The Simpsons, lol) and not too long after it will actually be on tv :)

I've had very similar things happen too! Also sometimes something will happen and I have the strongest feeling it has happened before, I even changed the outcome once. Weird!

happens to me all the time.. but usually not in a fun or exciting way that I think is cool.
for me, it's usually in the form of sensing when things are about to go wrong for me, like losing a friendship or a significant change in my daily routine is coming. or just simply "reading" people and understanding moods or thoughts that they keep to themselves.
I try to keep it to myself though because I've learned that announcing my predictions can work against me.

Yeah I've had that too, or watching something and you hope someone makes a joke or remark, and they say exactly what you are thinking.

Simpsons Rule!

Edward W said:
I've had very similar things happen too! Also sometimes something will happen and I have the strongest feeling it has happened before, I even changed the outcome once. Weird!

But that's more like Déjà-vu, isn't it? I've had plenty of those myself, though they seemed to happen more frequently when I was younger. Maybe I was looking into the past then and am looking into the future now. lol (oooohh, love the metaphor!)

Walley said:
happens to me all the time.. but usually not in a fun or exciting way that I think is cool.
for me, it's usually in the form of sensing when things are about to go wrong for me, like losing a friendship or a significant change in my daily routine is coming. or just simply "reading" people and understanding moods or thoughts that they keep to themselves.
I try to keep it to myself though because I've learned that announcing my predictions can work against me.

Yeah, I get those too, but I figured I'd leave the negative examples out today :D

Sci-Fi said:
Simpsons Rule!

So they do :D

I remember in September. I was sat at my pc in the morning, I had just got up and I suddenly had this horrible sense of dread as though something terrible was going to happen. It was a physical pain, my heart started racing. I just felt awful ! I clicked on facebook and had a message. It wasn't good news, it was very disappointing, heartbreaking.

Not sure what happened. A premonition maybe ?

Triple Bogey said:
I remember in September. I was sat at my pc in the morning, I had just got up and I suddenly had this horrible sense of dread as though something terrible was going to happen. It was a physical pain, my heart started racing. I just felt awful ! I clicked on facebook and had a message. It wasn't good news, it was very disappointing, heartbreaking.

It certainly sounds like it, right? Physical pain - that is heavy.

No, but I get Deja Vu a lot.

Lately, I've been trying to expect when the feeling comes, and then concentrate my mind on it, so that I can accurately predict what will happen next. I haven't been on the mark yet, but I imagine it's gonna freak me out if I one day do, and not gonna know who to tell. It's like seeing into the future through the eyes of the past.

daughter of the moon said:
Triple Bogey said:

It certainly sounds like it, right? Physical pain - that is heavy.

pain in my gut and an awful sense of doom, failure and hopelessness. I have never experienced anything like it before. I had looked on facebook minutes before and there wasn't a message there. After the horrible feeling, I looked on facebook and there was the message basically a 'getting dumped' one.

strange but true, it happened.

Sometimes I'd be thinking about a certain person I hadn't seen in ages and then later that day I'll run into them or end up seeing them online for the first time in ages or something.

I remember one time I was about to change my profile picture to this Hindu deity here:

http://www.indianetzone.com/photos_gallery/4/ardhanarishwara_13670.jpg

And just as I was doing it this guy in India randomly sent me a Wikipedia link for that exact deity via Facebook. He told me that stuff like this started happening to him all the time after he began practicing Tantric Yoga (sorry if this breaks the 'no religion' rule).

I've had many occurrences were i get deja vu or even nostalgia in an experience i know for sure i haven't experienced yet, but i can remember seeing the cause of deja vu/nostalgia in a dream i had... mostly as a young child.
My best example is one time in 2011, i was returning home with a new game in hand which was brand new and just released in retail stores and some time later i had a strong feeling i had seen a particular level design somewhere before which i know for certainty i had never seen before, then it occurred i'd seen it in a dream before back when i was 10 or younger... very strange... like i said, many occurrences...
I've wrote down all 19 experiences down, sadly mostly are trivial in the grand scheme of things, yet i can't help feel that my life has no alternative roads, just the one that has been laid out for me to follow.

I experience deja-vu and things like that as much as anybody else, I suppose.

But I'd never label it as a premonition or attach some sort of mystic connotation to it. I'd count it as coincidence.

Humans beings are amazing at seeing patterns in things and then giving meaning to the patterns they see -- often when there is no meaning, and sometimes where there's even no pattern at all.

Just my two cents.

Yeah but I was never talking about déjà-vu's, folks. I consider those the exact opposite of premonition. The first refers to past events, the second to future ones. At least that's how I meant it.

Latest posts

Back