Extreme couponing!!!!!!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shipster0958

Reaction score
I'm a novice extreme couponer, and I was wondering if there was anyone on the forum who did this as well. I would love to compare notes and discuss tips. :)

When I had a family of five, I did it. Now that it's just Jaylen and I, there's not much need to stock my pantry. :p
However, just so you know...it can be addictive. :p

I don't know why but the title just makes me smile :)

Okay back to the topic.

Minus said:
I don't know why but the title just makes me smile :)

Somehow I don't think extreme and couponing go together, haha.

EveWasFramed said:
Oh, but they DO!
LOL, they even have TV shows about it. :D

I know, I seen it on Wiki when I looked this up, haha.

People really would watch anything!

Yes, well...I still have plenty of toothbrushes that I got FREE by using coupons with sales. :p I had about a year's supply of them last time I went couponing for that kind of stuff. :D

EveWasFramed said:
When I had a family of five, I did it. Now that it's just Jaylen and I, there's not much need to stock my pantry. :p

I remember! Totally want to start doing this couponing myself. To the max. I'll sit and clip coupons all day to save some money.

VanillaCreme said:
EveWasFramed said:

I remember! Totally want to start doing this couponing myself. To the max. I'll sit and clip coupons all day to save some money.

LOL. :p I think it was almost a hobby, more than anything. A fun one, even if it was an odd one, lol.

I'm completely addicted. Right now I'm on summer vacation from teaching, and I spend my morning cleaning and if I have to pre-cook anything for the night, and I dedicate my afternoons to my coupons. I use spreadsheets to keep up with the ones I have, when the expire, etc and then I keep up with each stores weekly flyers so I can know when and where to hit. I try to keep up with each store's coupon policy. It can be a full time gig, but it's like completing a puzzle. Trying to find the deals that match up to make you only spend pennies. My a stockpile is something an extreme couponer rotates and organizes and shows off.

I'm so hooked.

EveWasFramed said:
Yes, well...I still have plenty of toothbrushes that I got FREE by using coupons with sales. :p I had about a year's supply of them last time I went couponing for that kind of stuff. :D

Haha, the hell you gonna do with all those toothbrushes?? I think you should make something out of them.. like toothbrush furniture, or toothbrush picture frames for your home!!

9006 said:
EveWasFramed said:

Haha, the hell you gonna do with all those toothbrushes?? I think you should make something out of them.. like toothbrush furniture, or toothbrush picture frames for your home!!

Well....we open a new one every month. So, that's 24 per year just for Jaylen and I. :p So it's not like I wont use them.

I used to get the Sunday paper and tried using the coupons included. But, they were never for anything that I used or needed.

MissGuided said:
I used to get the Sunday paper and tried using the coupons included. But, they were never for anything that I used or needed.

^^ This is the proper way to coupon. If you dont need it, don't buy it.

That's where some people make a big mistake.
NEVER use a coupon if you don't need/won't use the item. It doesn't matter if you got a $6 item for $1. If you never use it, you STILL just lost $1. :p
Savvy couponers don't buy stuff because they have a coupon - they buy what they will USE and and use coupons for the maximum discount.

Shipster...my favorite was always using a 50 cent coupon on a Buy One Get One Free item when the store doubled coupons for 50 cents or less (and you could use a coupon for each item, savving one dollar per item after the coupon doubled). I think that scenario is the best way to score free or nearly free stuff. :D

EveWasFramed said:
NEVER use a coupon if you don't need/won't use the item. It doesn't matter if you got a $6 item for $1. If you never use it, you STILL just lost $1. :p
Savvy couponers don't buy stuff because they have a coupon - they buy what they will USE and and use coupons for the maximum discount.

Eve is absolutely right. I knew a lady that was so focused on getting $1k in groceries for $1 that she lost sight of all things rational. It became all about the rush and she ended up convincing her husband to remodel their garage to accommodate her 'loot' and bringing endless binders of coupons to work with her.

If there were more offers for fresh produce, organic and non-convenience foods, I would totally buy a Sunday paper again. Unfortunately, the only ones I found were either for boxed/frozen/prepackaged items or brands of toiletries that would be wasted at my house.

Good luck, hope you find some deals that work for you.

MissGuided said:
If there were more offers for fresh produce, organic and non-convenience foods, I would totally buy a Sunday paper again. Unfortunately, the only ones I found were either for boxed/frozen/prepackaged items or brands of toiletries that would be wasted at my house.

Yup....most food coupons are for junk food.

I'm focused on baby needs (wipes, diapers, formula) and non-perishable items. I score pretty lately with detergent, and my family goes through tons. I will buy things I don't need if I get them totally free, and give them to either family or the local children's home.

I think I would like to conquer baby food jars next.

I had a friend who managed to use coupons to end up getting money back from stores sometimes. That always amazed me. I don't have a clue how to go about doing this sort of thing, but I'd probably do it a little, if I could.

Latest posts

Back