Fact: I am boring

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Athiest #001

Reaction score
This is why I don't keep a girl for more than a few dates, and most likely why my high school girlfriend dumped me for a much older guy.

Do you really think you are boring? Or is it you just met some people that never gave you the true confidence in yourself to believe that they really like you? That they will be there for you. It takes TWO. If anyone you meet is making you always do something more than what they do, just leave it.

When you meet someone who really likes you things will come easy. Things will be more fun. Of course their are going to be disagreements and fights, but that is what a relationship is. To experience many things. One day you are going to go for a very nice ride with someone, and I hope they make you think differently about yourself.

Plenty of girls have liked me for sure, one in particular really did, until she met someone that was actually interesting. I'm not really at the point of "oh im just boring everyone hates me", its more like I am realizing how really boring I truly am. I'm not interested in much of anything beyond games, trance.... and thats about it, I don't feel like I care or do much of anything else. I guess what I was really getting at is how do I stop being boring. I don't even watch TV shows, I like them but I don't even watch them, the only thing I do is play video games and think. So either I talk about philosophy and my theory on life/existence (which is rather dreary) or I talk about games (I obviously don't talk to women about games).

Unacceptance said:
You can get dates?

I'm a good faker. More seriously, getting a date and keeping a girl are much different things. To be honest, most things I do for fun are not things women want to do with me. I guess the heart of my frustration here is, what do I have to offer besides some charm and decent looks that women want? Not much, but why?

Athiest #001 said:
Unacceptance said:
You can get dates?

I'm a good faker. More seriously, getting a date and keeping a girl are much different things. To be honest, most things I do for fun are not things women want to do with me. I guess the heart of my frustration here is, what do I have to offer besides some charm and decent looks that women want? Not much, but why?

It's more to offer than a lot of folks have, sounds more like you just need to fine tune the whole keeping thing.

Athiest #001 said:
Unacceptance said:
You can get dates?

That is just wrong. You can't 'fake' anything forever. Especially if you want to spend a lot of time with someone. If you do that the results will always be negative. As Unacceptance said, you do have a lot to offer. You also probably just met people with different interests and tastes. If that is the case then don't get so down about it. Something like that will always happen to everyone.

Atheist #001 said:
Plenty of girls have liked me for sure, one in particular really did, until she met someone that was actually interesting. I'm not really at the point of "oh im just boring everyone hates me", its more like I am realizing how really boring I truly am. I'm not interested in much of anything beyond games, trance.... and thats about it, I don't feel like I care or do much of anything else. I guess what I was really getting at is how do I stop being boring. I don't even watch TV shows, I like them but I don't even watch them, the only thing I do is play video games and think. So either I talk about philosophy and my theory on life/existence (which is rather dreary) or I talk about games (I obviously don't talk to women about games).

I do have the same situation as you.I was the kind of guy who can talk what I am interested and my interests were personality study,which many people do not like to listen to it.

Finding someone who you can relate to your interests would be good.

Unacceptance said:
You can get dates?

I second this question. You can get dates? o_O

hmn. If you can get dates...all you have to do is keep them :D

Half of your problems are already solved! Be glad for that!

Side Note: You should be yourself because sometime, guess what, you'll have to take down the fake walls you've built up and the person might decide not to love you for who you really are when the walls come down. Best to be yourself at all times. Saves you dissapointment and heartache. ;)

FFS...just pounce on her a couple times and re hit in less then 72 hours.
Be interesting on her while you're at it. Make her glow like sunshine.
She won't be able to keep you off of her mind.
She won't be able to walk a straight line...sober.lol

If she ask you want's on your mind, just tell her.....she is.
Ya see....it's not all about you...it's about her.
Compliment her and listen to her.
Get creative..doods.
FFS...she dosn't give a fresia if the phygian mode works will with the locrian mode. (whatever the fresia this is.lol)

How about walking into a flower store or the flowers section of the sunpermarket...to expand your world...lmao.
Buy a crap load of ballons to go with it...have a friend deliver it to her work. Get creative dudes.

Start a new hobbie such as photography...this way you can build a collection of pictures of your woman. (or women.lol)

FFS...What could be so interesting about a musician or a dude with a six string that some women find smexy
I'm creative.... I know how to make my guitars ..scream, luagh or cry.
I know how to be in the moment and go with the flow.
I know how to hit the G string jusssssst right.
I know how to caress and hold my gutars close to my heart..lmao

On a tuseday....I'll come up with lovely lylrics.

your eyes make me smiles
your lips makes me hip.
your love is from heaven
I'm a fool for U becuase of everything that you do (to me)...lmao

If she's interested in me and I've been hitting it right....it's not going to matter what lyrics i write..lol

Imagine that....RELATE _ tionship

FFS...i spoke to a girl the other day for almost 1/2 hour.
She was talking to me about her temperature..and it had something to do about her period.lmao
she kept telling me her temperature is above normal...I kept telling her it's becuase she's hot.
It's about being in the moment and going with the flow...she can talk to me about anything and not feel uncomfortiable.
Just being ourselves....What's so interesting in that ????

In a long term relationship...not everyday is going to be all excitements and a lot to talk about....all the time.
Sometimes I'll just hold her as we're snuggling on the couch and not say a **** word.
Somedays...she'll just sit in the living room reading her books and I'll be in my hobbie or music room building something.
Sometimes we'll just get in our car and drive into the mountain for a sunday drive.
Sometimes we'll just go bowling, art museums, the beach...etc
Sometimes...we'll just have mind numbing sex all weekend becuase we're bored out of our god **** minds.
Sometimes...I just need to get the fresia away from her...becuase she drives me fucken nutz..

Other times...she'll just go through all of my belonging and destroy all of my **** shades....this way she can tell
if I'm stairing at other tits and ass...that's not her's...lmao

to Athiest #001

You have to proud. I am not able even to get a date, not talking of dating someone. And I am 23, you are at school, so no problems, from what I see.

I feel like I'm boring to the world around me, but at the same time I'm pretty content with the person I am. It's like, how much should one change him / herself just to be liked / found interesting by others? I guess one has to adapt but to what cost? It doesn't feel right to me. I think I'll take the loneliness instead, truth be told!

I'm a good faker as well.

I find that the meaningful relationships I form are from having been honest at the beginning. My problem is that I am rather a silly person and so have a cool veneer to cover it. The problem is not only that because I fake, people will get turned off me, but also that the people I have to fake for are the people who probably aren't suited to me anyway.

It sounds like you are either dating women who complement your self-image rather than your true nature, or you're unable to keep up the act for long enough and people get confused. Remember, the key to getting someone to like you is presenting them with a single image - they'll feel that they get you that way.

Peace,

Little Buddha

Athiest #001 said:
Unacceptance said:
You can get dates?

I'm the same way, actually. I'm decent looking, well-spoken and tall. I wouldn't say I'm remarkably attractive but I'm not necessarily repulsive, either. I have no problem charming a girl if I put my mind to it; it's the whole keeping up the charade that's the hard part.

I find that once a girl gets to know me, she's almost obligated to cheat or leave me.

A vein of pure craziness runs right through me and to try and disguise it, I have nurtured this tedious, pseudo-intellectual persona that has been doing the rounds for so long, that it's become integral. What started as a masquerade, is now a solid fact.

In this case none of the above is especially useful as general information so I duly oblige with what I hope will be something of value. When you consider the issue of 'being boring', think first of the sort of things that you find boring in other people and amass a list of the things that those people may be able to do differently to elicit your interest. Okay, I'll conceed that in some cases there are people out there who are just 'the wrong flavour', nothing you can do about that, it's just part of the parcel of human nature. But, for the rest of them, how could they remedy their approach towards you to make themselves more engaging in the long term? If you can think of an answer or a soloution then next it might be beneficial, to see if it also applies to you. One thing I do stress though is that this mode of reasoning only really works for trying to expose and negate any bad social habits that you may have picked up and it shouldn't be used to the end of censoring your personality to cater for the tastes of others. As has already been suggested, it could easily be a case of finding the right person to bring out the best in you. Look on the bright side - at least you are still in a position to pick and choose. From where I'm standing, that indicates that hope still looms very large indeed.

Well, you have to look for someone who would share some of your interests. There must always be some common ground, otherwise I don't think the relationship would last. Maybe I'm wrong, I'm certainly no expert in relationships. And you shouldn't automatically assume that no women could share your interests. There are many game players among females too. Less than among guys, but there are. I used to play RPGs but haven't done that for long now, had no time and my PC needs updating. I miss gameplaying terribly though.

Latest posts

Back