Family... or lack of.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^ That was sweet Alma. I had two dogs, one passed away in 2011 at age 16, the other one died in June at age 19. I had them both since they were 5 months old and 2 months old. They were basically my only family for their entire lives...losing your pets is devastating. I'm lucky that my bf has 2 sweet cats and I was able to love them unbearably during my mourning period. I don't know how I would have dealt with this alone. I had a harder time saying goodbye to my 19 year old than I did to family members who passed away...One day we'll adopts some more dogs, but when we have a little more room, because we want LOTS of them!

I have no family at all, everyone on my mum's side is dead apart from some male cousins whom I haven't seen for years and have no idea where they are. My dad died 4 years ago, last year his niece told me he wasn't really my dad and they don't want anything more to do with me as they always found it hard to bond with me knowing I wasn't theres. Hurts beyond belief.

I have two sisters, one I talk to so often, but I believe she doesn't think much of me due to my not really going anywhere in life. My parents are gone, my dad when I was 11 and mother I was 26, my brother passed away 6 months ago, but hardly talked to him.

I really understand where your coming from.

badhairday said:
I have no family at all, everyone on my mum's side is dead apart from some male cousins whom I haven't seen for years and have no idea where they are. My dad died 4 years ago, last year his niece told me he wasn't really my dad and they don't want anything more to do with me as they always found it hard to bond with me knowing I wasn't theres. Hurts beyond belief.

That is beyond cruelty. It is awful that they could treat you in such a way. It is one of the worst things I have ever heard.
I wish I was with you so that I could give you the biggest hug in the world.

Latest posts

Back