favorite fast food restaurants?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

Coverage

Alright so what are your favorite fast food restaurants. Even if its only a local chain for you, it doesn't matter.

1. Burger King - I like having it my way! :D
2. Subway
3. Hardees
4. Arbys
5. McDonalds

*GASP* NO MCDONALD'S! Mackie-D's is the most evil, lard-choked, greasy "restaurant" in culinary (and I hesitate to even APPLY that term to the disgusting 'food product' one finds in a McD's) history. I swore off that sick, twisted fast-food black-hole months ago, and I am both thinner and healthier for it.

Taco Bell is OK every now and then...but what I really love is...

Chinese take-out! :D

----Steve

Proof that Mcdonalds is EVIL:

http://www.walletpop.com/blog/2010/...-in-court-over-teens-charity-name-but-losing/

The ongoing saga of Chicago teenager Lauren McClusky and her fight to keep the name McFest attached to her charity concert event -- even as McDonald's attorneys seek to block her from doing so -- now involves an ocean liner, thousands of comments from AOL users, and public relations people who refuse to speak about the matter other than through prepared McStatements.

McClusky became a mini-celebrity in her home town and beyond Tuesday, as the WalletPop exclusive about McDonald's seeking to block the trademark application for her charity concert series name made the front page of the Chicago Sun-Times. National news outlets from Inside Edition to Fox News have flooded the office of her father Jeff McClusky, an independent record promoter, with phone calls seeking interviews.

Lauren's story has also been picked up by the Huffington Post and generated more than 70,000 views an hour on AOL -- and more than 1 million page views total.
Not that McClusky, 19, was around to enjoy any of the attention, or the thousands cheering her on with promises to boycott McDonald's as a result of her troubles. She's on an ocean liner somewhere between Hawaii and Japan as part of the
Semester at Sea program.

"The last time I checked, [more than 3,000] people had commented on the original AOL story," McClusky said in a statement via email. "Others have set up Facebook pages for me and are talking about the story on Twitter. It's amazing. I couldn't have anticipated such a response."

To recap: WalletPop reported last week how McClusky has spent $5,000 of the money she raised at her last McFest concert this past summer -- money she hoped to donate to Special Olympics Chicago -- to hire lawyers in response to McDonald's objections to her seeking a name trademark. McDonald's, in its legal filing with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, claims the rights to a slew of McNames, from McJob to the prefix "Mc" itself.

That's upset McClusky, who picked the name McFest for her concert series because her last name is, well, McClusky. And she had reason to be proud of her local concerts, which to date have raised some $30,000 for Special Olympics Chicago.

The story now takes a new twist, as McClusky has until Feb. 8 to drop her pursuit of the McFest trademark. Otherwise, the legal procedure for the trademark filing could proceed to trial, with a tentative date set for Dec. 5, 2010.

"I want to stress that I have never had anything against McDonald's. I hope everyone involved can take the high road, and that McDonald's will join my efforts, rather than fight. I'd love to see McDonald's do the right thing and get behind this event, and I'd gladly welcome them on board as sponsors and supporters."

But don't expect that to happen any time soon, or for McDonald's to come out of McCorporate hiding. Despite repeated requests for a person-to-person interview with a McDonald's representative, not even the Hamburglar offered to step forward and answer some very basic questions. Instead, McDonald's spokesperson Ashlee Yingling delivered a prepared statement, which included the following remarks:

"Just to be clear, we haven't sued the event organizers. We are simply contesting their ability to register this mark. Rest assured, McDonald's has no desire to prevent this event from taking place. That has never been our intent. And, this has been our position since we first contacted the event organizers about this matter."

Yet the actions of McDonald's have put a dent in McClusky's funding and enthusiasm; her efforts for McFest also include a charity record label, McFest Music, and a $500 McFest cash award she recently presented to a deserving student at her high school alma mater, Woodlands Academy in Lake Forest, Ill.

While Yingling maintains that "we have made several attempts to resolve this matter amicably, because we recognize this event is for charity fundraising," McClusky and those close to McFest dispute that characterization, citing the sometimes tense nature of the legal back and forth between McClusky's paid and pro bono attorneys and those hired by McDonald's. Because McDonald's won't address direct questions about the "McFight," as the Sun-Times labeled it, it's impossible to confirm any details related to its side of the story, or what compromises it might entertain.

To be sure, McDonald's does have an ample legal leg to stand on; the copyrights it claims to hold to all those "McNames" do indeed exist. But in the court of public opinion, McClusky appears the clear winner, with the next possible casualty a public relations debacle for the burger giant. To top things off, the story comes even as McDonald's was ordered to pay big in a Dutch court for firing a worker over serving an extra slice of cheese. The court ordered McDonald's to pay the worker the salary for the remaining five months of her contract: a total of 4,265.47 euros.

Closer to home, countless AOL users are talking McBoycott (thought it remains to be seen how that will hold up in the face of a Big Mac Attack). Regardless, those on AOL comment board have made overwhelmingly clear that you don't win friends and influence people by blockading a teen with charitable ambitions.

"Perhaps Yuengling [beer] should consider suing McDonalds spokeswoman Ashlee Yingling for having a last name too similar to their brand name," wrote an irate reader. "If I was a member of their private corporation I would be concerned that her last name would associate my product with ... McStupidity."

And a self-styled expert on Scottish genealogy seemed puzzled that McDonald's could somehow lay claim to a prefix connected to so many of his hale and hearty clansmen. "I take strong offense at the actions of McDonald's attempt at possession of the prefix, Mc, as is a part of many of the names of Scots or Irish ancestry," wrote one Rone Ross. "For although I am of the Clan Ross, there are many sub-Clans (septs) in the family of Clan Ross that hold the birthright of Mc, such as McMillan, McTavish. By the like, there are many of Irish ancestry who also hold by birthright the prefix Mc, including the full surname, McDonald."

Ross suggested a solution that would perhaps do Braveheart proud: "I would suggest that the members of any of the clans, either Irish or Scots, file protests, and if necessary, legal action against the business of McDonald."

Meanwhile, somewhere on the high seas half a world away from bonnie Scotland and black Angus burgers, McClusky pointed out the irony McDonald's itself has failed to publicly acknowledge: The fast-food titan also supports Special Olympics, and has been a big leader in charitable causes with the formation of great programs such as Ronald McDonald House. Which is why she remains hopeful of resolution, yet ultimately confused and concerned.

Or, in a word, McAnxious.

"I don't have a law degree. I'm just a young woman who wants to make a difference," McClusky wrote. "But no matter what any corporate lawyer says, McFest will always be McFest in my heart. It helps so many Special Olympic kids in Chicago. Why take away my name, my funds and my event? It matters not just to me, but more importantly, the Special Olympic kids who get so much from it."
Source

Wow, thats a crazy story. I've never been a big fan of McDonalds till recently when I started eating there more due to its location from my college, and its burgers are good. Every chain has a different type of burger so I like to switch it up with different chains every now and then.

I like McDonalds food alright, but I'm certainly not a fan of their managment. If they were to magically go out of business and all their restaurants be replaced with another chain then I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

My food is fast right before I spear it to death and cook it over the fire. :p

----Steve

Any Japanese take-away restaurants! But they have to be cheap! The cheaper ones usually taste better too... Oh how I LOVE Japanese food. I want some right now! What time is it... 8:35pm... I'm too lazy.

yeah McPukies is pretty gross, i heard they use nail clippings and elbow skin in their patties..

i usually snag a subway if anything.. their food has the illusion of freshness at least..

PoWer2tHePeOpLE said:
i usually snag a subway if anything.. their food has the illusion of freshness at least..

Oooh, you know a good sandwhich restaurant? Jimmy John's!

----Steve

P.S. Post number 555! Triple Nickel!

I am a big fan of McDonald, this is my favorite fast food chain. My friend often go to this fast food chain it because of tasty food here. If my duty is done, I definitely go here.

Chipotle! :) That's about it for fast food for me... and a local soup place ;)

I'm not a fan of fast food. I try to eat vegetarian and raw as much as possible to offset the damage I do during my carnivorous lapses. lol

I make my own pizza from scratch, and if I really have to have a burger and fries, I'll do so at a tavern-style restaurant (I know I am a lousy vegetarian lol). I do have a Kryptonite weakness for Chinese take out. Singapore Chow Mei Fun is one of my favorite dishes.

I'm not generally a consumer of fast food, but I personally like K.F.C.

Badjedidude said:
*GASP* NO MCDONALD'S! Mackie-D's is the most evil, lard-choked, greasy "restaurant" in culinary (and I hesitate to even APPLY that term to the disgusting 'food product' one finds in a McD's) history. I swore off that sick, twisted fast-food black-hole months ago, and I am both thinner and healthier for it.

Taco Bell is OK every now and then...but what I really love is...

Chinese take-out! :D

----Steve

Their breakfast isn't so bad I don't think. When I have to make trips to another city, I buy a McD breakfast... (double sausage and egg mcmuffin). they always open early too.

Tiffy said:
Chipotle! :) That's about it for fast food for me... and a local soup place ;)

Don't you sh*t blood from it... lol? Like Eric Cartman.

http://www.walletpop.com/blog/2010/...beef-over-teens-mcfest-chari/?ncid=webmaildl5

Update on Mcdonald's evilness :p

Title: Mcdonalds May be Ready to End the Beef over Teen's McFest Charity Concerts

Will Lauren McClusky, the Chicago teenager who raised the ire of McDonald's attorneys after she tried to copyright the charity concert name McFest, finally get to Have It Her Way

While it's too soon to tell, WalletPop has learned in an exclusive that high-level McDonald's officials reached out to McClusky on Friday to request a meeting to resolve the matter and move forward. Though on an ocean liner headed for Japan as part of the Semester at Sea program, McClusky has tentatively agreed to speak with McDonald's executives by video conference.

The McSummit could take place within the next two weeks -- and marks a huge break in the logjam between the fast-food giant and McClusky, whose McFest concerts have raised more than $30,000 for Special Olympics.

McClusky had faced a Monday deadline with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office to answer McDonald's objections after she tried to trademark the McFest name. McDonald's, it turns out, owns the rights to more McNames than you can shake a Quarter Pounder at: from McJob, McBuddy and McPen to the prefix "Mc" itself.

"We're really enthusiastic that there's an opportunity between Lauren and McDonald's to grow and enhance an event that benefits Special Olympics and perhaps McDonald's," her father Jeff said in a prepared statement. "We look forward to a positive solution that will help even more kids than Lauren had ever dared to imagine."

The situation between McClusky, 19, and McDonald's, first reported on WalletPop, became a national news story and made the front page of the Chicago Sun-Times under the headline "McFight." More than 1 million page views were generated on AOL, along with thousands of comments -- an overwhelming majority defending McClusky -- when it was revealed that $5,000 from her 2009 concert went to legal fees as opposed to Special Olympics kids.

The bad press didn't help either, as McDonald's spokespeople refused to answer questions in real time, only fueling consumer anger. Facebook pages sprung up defending McClusky, and thousands of consumers promised to boycott until McDonald's backed off.

When McDonald's demanded that McClusky change her event name, the teen entrepreneur and Boston University student refused, saying that after three years of successful shows, McFest had become a recognized entity in the Chicago area with a high value attached to it. McClusky had branched McFest into a record label and a student service award at her high school alma mater in Lake Forest, Ill.

Yet there seems to be warming on both sides to a creative naming solution. This could involve a "McFest" alteration that would appear almost indistinguishable to the average person when compared to the present moniker. This could involve punctuation and capitalization to work around the trademark snafu, her dad said.

"It does seem that McDonald's may insist on a variation of the McFest name, which of course we will consider as ultimately more beneficial to Special Olympics," Jeff McClusky said. "Even though a name change a while ago sounded like an ominous type of demand, it now seems secondary to the greater good of all involved."

He added that the proposed meeting was set up by an intermediary close to both McDonald's and the McCluskys.

Meanwhile, McClusky's attorney Ryan Hinshaw had just secured a 30-day extension on the pending trademark action by McDonald's, meaning that the legal wrangling might be rendered moot if an agreement can be reached before March 8.

I LOVE taco bell.
Burger King is ok sometimes too.
This place near my house, john smith subs, only in florida, fairly expensive but really good subs, significantly better than subway.

The only thing I can/will eat from mcdonalds is their fish sandwiches, their fries are good too, I like em' better than BK fries.

I wish we had a half decent Chinese food place around here, the two we've gone to over the years were extremely salty. mmmmm eggrolls.

I rarely eat out, but when i do i usually prefer unchained resturants like The Corner Stop, Yavis, and The Diana. Though i do indulge occastionally in visiting DQ or Mcdonalds.

Latest posts

Back