Favorite Quotes

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeanine

A Lonely Life Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay, so it can be anything -- funny, inspirational, whatever floats your boat : )

I'll start.

"There is balance in motion and motion in balance."
(A good one, if you're a meditator)

"When the tides of life turn against you, and the current upsets your boat. Don't waste those tears on what might have been, just lay on your back and float."

1682949338898.png

1970795_1544354655794207_4461284151831201023_n.jpg
Yes-- Jeanine-- "Don't eat the yellow snow" is a song by Zappa-- but my mommy told me that first... So, she musta told it to Zappa...? : )

"All the worth which the human being possesses, all spiritual reality, he possesses only through the State... For Truth is the Unity of the universal and subjective Will; and The Universal is to be found in the State, in its laws, its universal and rational arrangements. The State is the Divine Idea as it exists on Earth. We have in it, therefore, the object of History in a more definite shape than before; that in which Freedom obtains objectivity, and lives in the enjoyment of this objectivity."

- Benito Mussolini Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel

"All the worth which the human being possesses, all spiritual reality, he possesses only through the State... For Truth is the Unity of the universal and subjective Will; and The Universal is to be found in the State, in its laws, its universal and rational arrangements. The State is the Divine Idea as it exists on Earth. We have in it, therefore, the object of History in a more definite shape than before; that in which Freedom obtains objectivity, and lives in the enjoyment of this objectivity."

- Benito Mussolini Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel
Sounds more like Mussolini, assuming I understand the quote : )

Sounds more like Mussolini, assuming I understand the quote : )

Off-topic, but I think the famous parallels drawn between Hegel and totalitarianism are unwarranted. They're the result of a misinterpratation of Hegel's doctrine. Now, if you wanna talk about philosophers and authoritarianism, you should take a look at Plato. There you'll find plenty of it.

Latest posts

Back