Fear of everything?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lawrens

Reaction score
I've always wanted to ask this, it seems that ever since a certain age, I've been afraid of doing just pretty much anything, well not extreme fear, but enough to hinder my ability to be socially active.

For example, I have to make a phone call, I usually would try to practice what I have to say before I do the call, I avoid starting conversation with people, but I welcome them from others, I'm anxious with driving so I never cared to drive after I got my driver's license, I'm not afraid of driving, but instead I fear that I'd get into an accident because I have no sense of danger when i drive.

I don't think I have problems doing all of the above, but sometimes I just rather not, and avoid them, just thinking about them makes me anxious, it just wouldn't go away. I'm anxious in talking to people that I know online through voice chat, because my english isn't perfect, I could, but the anxiety would not go away even when I start, whenever I have to start to do pretty much everything, I have to have it all planned out, think it through and get ready for the worst case scenario.

It's an annoying thing. It feels like I always want to have control of everything and wanted them to be perfect. I perform fine in school, but if however there's a gap inbetween certain actions that allows my brain to think, I'd feel really anxious.

I don't have the fear of chatting online through texts, because I can think it through before typing out anything. I fear using voice because most of the time I would avoid using complicated words and I would just say simple things, making conversation really hard. Sometimes I space out when I make conversation, during situation where I really need to focus, my brain would do otherwise and "freeze", but I don't have any problems as long as it is something I've planned out, so usually I'm fine with friends or family, because they follow the same pattern and ask the same thing all the time, they're like robots. So in a way, I'm just "acting" out the script I've prepared in my head.

I can do pretty much anything that I'm confident of doing, anything that doesn't require my responses like reading, listen/watching stuff, I'd most likely enjoy. So I usually am the one asking questions when I'm in a conversation, as I can just sit and listen.
If you're going to tell me to play a video game with strangers, I'd be anxious of my ability to play well, which would turn it into something I won't enjoy even though I'm suppose to, that is one thing that I hate about this, because I could be able to enjoy myself a little bit more if I don't get anxious with even just the entertainment itself, even when it comes to playing just a game, I often need to read up on how to do everything properly inorder to enjoy it, to play an instrument I'll need to know exactly what it is I'm doing.

There are things that I don't fear, saying everything was probably just an exaggeration, but I mostly fear doing anything that involves dynamic interactions with patterns that I'm not familiar with, especially when it involves people.

I was trying to narrow down the circumstances, with an eye towards then making an artificial situation of gradually increasing difficulty.

Could you spontaneously speak, out loud, a logically complicated argument if there were no listeners?

Just a thought.

I've never tried, but I'd think I can't do that in a complicated level, I sometimes can't find the right words to say, so it would require me to think them out and I will stutter quite a bit, I can read a page of texts without problems fluently. The thing is I'm getting anxiety from trying anything, I could force myself to do something but it's not enjoyable, and something is keeping me from just be free and have fun with things.

Fear of anything is called Panic Disorder. Described as an overwhelming anxiety or fear directed at anything, Panic Disorder affects some 13 million Americans. Best of all, it's curable.For the latest facts on why panic attacks happen, who is at risk, and what treatments can cure this frightening disorder visite Amazon.com.

Lawrens said:
I've never tried, but I'd think I can't do that in a complicated level, I sometimes can't find the right words to say, so it would require me to think them out and I will stutter quite a bit

Yeah, when I have to speak in front of a group, I can have my thoughts and arguments neatly arranged beforehand, but if I speak aloud, even to myself, it turns out very different from thoughtful writing.
When I go through that exercise, I find that I can do better in real interactions if I have voiced my thoughts beforehand.

This may get better with that low-risk practice.

Latest posts

Back