Feel so drained....

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
W

WallflowerGirl83

Lately I've been overly sensitive, every little thing is setting me off. There's so much hurt inside me right now, so much frustration. Everyone has always avoided me or left me be whenever I was wallowing. Overtime I stopped trying to make effort cause I eventually thought they would all give up on me. Now I'm wallowing and I'm stuck and I keep sleeping and just staring off into space. So tired all the time and I'm taking medication but I feel emotionally drained. Believe it's from all the frustration and stress that my parents put on me. They expect me to be married already and constantly get on me about my life situations. I've made a lot of bad choices in the past and they seem to remind me a lot about them. In the end, I always end up feeling like a complete failure. If they see me, they ask me what I've been up too but they never seem interested. Anytime I tell myself that I don't care, in the end I somehow feel hurt. Believe it's time for me to get out of my house cause I'm so miserable. Anytime I have my heart set on something, they always try to ruin it by saying something. So frustrated and not sure what to do anymore. Just needed to get this out, I'm sure I probably vented about the same thing before but it's really getting to me a lot recently.

Just keep laying on my bed, sleeping and not doing much of anything. It's like I have no energy anymore, like it's been drained out of me. I think I'm deeply depressed. I'm withdrawing. Wish someone could pull me out of this but I know only I can do it.

I'm sorry you feel so bad. It's so difficult in an environment like this. Everyone makes bad choices but it's very difficult to move on when someone keeps reminding you of all the times you messed up, it doesn't exactly give you confidence that you won't mess up something else. My parents like to talk about the fact I'm not at university. Being at uni or not isn't the difference between a good person and a bad person. It's not something that's 'now or never'. But parents' opinions can be so powerful.

You are the only person who can pull you out of it, but it's not something you have to do completely on your own. Everyone needs support, especially when you're getting the opposite of support in other parts of your life. Is going to the doctors an option? And is there any way you could move out?

Hey, sorry to hear you're feeling this way. It's true - parents' opinions can be very powerful, and not always in productive ways. Have you considered that there may be a physical cause to your lack of energy? I also go through periods of just wanting to stay in bed all day, or managing 2-3hrs of activity in a day at most... I find what helps is the really obvious things :

1) getting up to make a healthy, low-sugar (!) meal
2) eating at least a serving of raw vegetables (greens and carrots are the best)
3) going outdoors for at least 1 hour
4) doing a 30-minute workout
5) going to bed before 11pm, and getting up early the next day

Try this - it could work! :)

Stranger said:
Hey, sorry to hear you're feeling this way. It's true - parents' opinions can be very powerful, and not always in productive ways. Have you considered that there may be a physical cause to your lack of energy? I also go through periods of just wanting to stay in bed all day, or managing 2-3hrs of activity in a day at most... I find what helps is the really obvious things :

1) getting up to make a healthy, low-sugar (!) meal
2) eating at least a serving of raw vegetables (greens and carrots are the best)
3) going outdoors for at least 1 hour
4) doing a 30-minute workout
5) going to bed before 11pm, and getting up early the next day

Try this - it could work! :)

Wise words. I totally agree with Stranger here. Perhaps if you decided to do this, it might help you.

I have depression and I take meds for it. However, since I started working out and changed my diet, things improved a lot. Also, you could find a new hobby??? what about reading new stuff...

Ignore your parents. I've been doing it for a very long time, because they're never satisfied with the things I'm doing (yeah, they're always pushing me to the limits). I don't know if you have a job or not, but what if you try to find your own place??? it might be a good solution.

Thank you for everyone's replies. Yes my parents are quite critical and come down very hard on me. Think I do need to get away from them, I believe it'll be the only way I can see myself being happy anymore. And hearing my parents fight is draining me, I can't stand hearing my mom being in denial about it anymore.

Latest posts

Back