Feeling a little disrespected.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kjjerm

Reaction score
I /wouldn't/ walk around the house in nothing but a bra and track shorts while a bunch of my guy friends are present because:

a) it makes my boyfriend jealous.
b) I have a boyfriend.
c) "Why not? It's no different than wearing a swim suit."
d) "What's the big deal? Boys are allowed to walk around shirtless; and I'm not even exposing my nipples!"

~~~

Sometimes I feel that I can't discuss how I feel about things without being handed the jealousy card. Am I overreacting? or am I right in assuming that when you commit to a relationship, there are certain things you should have a default position on?

Though I might be uncomfortable with that, it's your life and your significant other should accept that (or at least you two should talk about it and come to a mutually positive agreement).

You are a man and you walk around in a bra? Huh?

(Your profile says you are man and you are talking about wearing a bra)

Well, if it has to do with a gf issue, I wouldn't choose any of the answers above. I would not do it, because I have too much self respect to expose myself in such a way to anyone other than my loved one. I wouldn't even wear a bikini unless I was covered up in some way. That's just me.

Irishdoll said:
Well, if it has to do with a gf issue, I wouldn't choose any of the answers above. I would not do it, because I have too much self respect to expose myself in such a way to anyone other than my loved one. I wouldn't even wear a bikini unless I was covered up in some way. That's just me.

See, I was thinking of bringing dignity into it, but really if it's someone else you can't really tell them in their own house how to dress. If they feel like being exhibitionists or sluts, or whatever that's technically their freedom.

However conversely nothing is stopping the other person from leaving as a result of it.

Unacceptance said:
See, I was thinking of bringing dignity into it, but really if it's someone else you can't really tell them in their own house how to dress. If they feel like being exhibitionists or sluts, or whatever that's technically their freedom. However conversely nothing is stopping the other person from leaving as a result of it.

While I would not feel comfortable walking around in a bra infront of strangers, I agree that a person can do what they want in their own house. It's interesting how different cultures define "exhibitionists or sluts" Just think, all the women here would be considered exhibitionist and sluts without dignity in other countries that insist they wear veils and loose clothing that covers their whole bodies. So I guess it becomes a matter of opinion. My opinion is that it depends on why a woman dresses as she does.

Naleena said:
While I would not feel comfortable walking around in a bra infront of strangers, I agree that a person can do what they want in their own house. It's interesting how different cultures define "exhibitionists or sluts" Just think, all the women here would be considered exhibitionist and sluts without dignity in other countries that insist they wear veils and loose clothing that covers their whole bodies. So I guess it becomes a matter of opinion. My opinion is that it depends on why a woman dresses as she does.

Cultural relativism doesn't mean moral relativism though.

Every culture still has understandings as to acceptable behavior.

It's only a circumstance of location what varying degree dignity is taken to.

Kind of how like a promise is worth a promise the world over.

But like you said though, the WHY is generally more important.

I'm a GUY. CHRIST xDDDD

My /girlfriend/ is walking around a house with a bunch of male friends ogling her chest, and she doesn't give it a thought.

awh, that's cute.
whatd she say when you told her how you felt?

Unacceptance said:

I have to say I find what you say makes me think. How would you define morality? What would be the parameters?

Naleena said:
Unacceptance said:

I have to say I find what you say makes me think. How would you define morality? What would be the parameters?

Morality, as I see it at least is defined by three things, the needs of the individual, the needs of the immediate group, and the needs of the society in general. Lately as a people we've come up with another set of morality which is the needs of the planet as a whole.

Morality is really a set of doctrines that are laid out to ensure a functioning infrastructure. It's why murder as opposed to just killing has been outlawed by every group of people ever.

There's the idea of cultural relativism, which my friend and I disagree on. For example the murder of female infants in certain societies undermining the point of survival, however the way I see it is to ensure the group can survive as the misogyny has established a stable environment, most of the places where this happens are male dominated due to the climate, genetically speaking after millenia of these folks unknowing altering their genes these people are incapable of surviving any other way.

What I'm trying to say is that morals are dependent on who is in charge deems necessary for their way of life to thrive. However you will see trends to any society historically as to a few basic rules.

Latest posts

Back