Feeling more vulnerable than usual

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I take 20% of the profits, mind you. And if payment doesn't happen, we take kneecaps.

TheRealCallie said:
Get over it or don't get over it.  The choice is yours.  Which would cause you less stress....dwelling on honeysuckle or getting over it?

I had to look at this quote of yours today again, thinking it might help

I apologize to anyone who read my initial post. I will rephrase my thoughts at a later time when I'm not feeling so down.

Hey Restless,

Just read this post and thought I'd share my opinion on the subject of being vulnarable and insecure.
I've been insecure and lonely since age 7, shared some things on here that could be thought off as the "cause" of my loneliness, truth is though that my loneliness in adult life stems from my anxiety and in a way unwillingness to be vulnerable, when we open ourselfs up to others one off 2 things will happen, we either get accepted or we get brushed off, ignored, "ghosted", when too much of the first scenario happens you might develop insecurities and as a result you could stop allowing yourself to open up and be vulnerable ever again.

The fact that you're feeling vulnerable means to me that you tried and failed, this is also exactly what I think I myself and probably allot of people here should do to break out off isolation... Without opening ourselfs up to hurt we will not make any meaningful connections in life.

It all comes back to that one simple fact for me, whatever your problem is in life, you'll never overcome it if you don't learn to take a risk and deal with whatever the outcome may be.

I'll stop the lecture now, turned out a bit longer as I initially imagined it to be, my point was simple, you failed this time and are dealing with the effects, but atleast you are trying!

Latest posts

Back