Finding something to be passionate about

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello everyone,

It has been a while, but I am alive! In fact, I feel more alive than ever before. I spent all of June living in a monastic school helping teach little Buddhist monks English. Those boys stole my heart! Now I am sitting in my room in Thamel, Kathmandu, Nepal, relaxing and getting ready to catch up on some sleep. This has changed mylife!

I am so overwhelmed by I've here, but I am forcing myself out every day to do something new. Being foreign and not speaking the language, (I've tried to learn, I really have) I sometimes get very panicky and anxious. But I keep trying, keep going, and when all else fails I hail a taxi and get them to bring me back to my hotel.

Life is out there, ready to be lived. We just have to be honest and force ourselves to do it.

Check my blog for all the details about my trip so far.

Oh, and remember the lveof my life who dumped me in Feb? He has been in contact with me every day I've been away. What have I done? I've focused on being friends, not on being romantic. And I'm pretty happy.

Namaste

You're so inspirational Lola. I'm glad you're doing good there. Do take care and good luck!

I agree with Lady. It takes courage to go out there everyday. Hope you're having a nice time there Lola.

LonelyLola said:
Hello everyone,

It has been a while, but I am alive! In fact, I feel more alive than ever before. I spent all of June living in a monastic school helping teach little Buddhist monks English. Those boys stole my heart! Now I am sitting in my room in Thamel, Kathmandu, Nepal, relaxing and getting ready to catch up on some sleep. This has changed mylife!

I am so overwhelmed by I've here, but I am forcing myself out every day to do something new. Being foreign and not speaking the language, (I've tried to learn, I really have) I sometimes get very panicky and anxious. But I keep trying, keep going, and when all else fails I hail a taxi and get them to bring me back to my hotel.

Life is out there, ready to be lived. We just have to be honest and force ourselves to do it.

Check my blog for all the details about my trip so far.

Oh, and remember the lveof my life who dumped me in Feb? He has been in contact with me every day I've been away. What have I done? I've focused on being friends, not on being romantic. And I'm pretty happy.

Namaste

good for you !
good luck in the future !

Definitely inspirational. It's an amazing thing to do... and something I don't think I would ever have the courage to attempt. When I am having trouble doing something small, then I think about messages like yours, Lola, and it helps me to achieve it.

I love the idea of helping others but I must say that the most important work you can do is making sure YOU are the priority and that you feel good about yourself regardless of your volunteer work. I volunteered to run support groups for Adults that were molested as children and after 2 years discovered that before I could help them I had to face my own demons and heal. Either way, just make sure you are making yourself happy at the same time :D Best of luck to you!

You're definitely an inspiration. It sounds like you are having a great time and that you are really making a difference to the lives of others and to your own life. I wish you all the best :)

Latest posts

Back