First Post

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

lone355

As the title states, this is my first post and possibly a long overdue post. Figured i would start by unloading a little bit.

For starters i am 22, male, and lonely. I am generally okay throughout the day until i come home to nothing but myself. That is when everything slows down and the loneliness sets in. I generally start thinking about how much i wish had a girlfriend and wonder why i do not. I am a good looking guy, in shape, and fairly athletic. However, i am horrible at striking up conversation with people, and therefore never meet anybody. My own fault, can't expect things just to fall into your lap. Once conversation begins i am okay, but just getting to that point is a problem. I guess my conversation topics aren't that broad, mostly guy stuff like cars, movies, metal bands. I guess that isn't exclusively guy stuff, but mostly. Although i do try to start conversation with girls i take in interest in, nothing seems to work. They usually seem very nervous or uninterested.

In usual night i generally sit alone wishing things were different, and no matter how hard i try, it seems that changes is just unattainable.

Thanks for listening

I'm sorry things aren't working out for you. If it helps, I feel the same sometimes so it's not just a guy thing.
Anyway, welcome to a lonely life. :]

I know the feeling too well. You can't give up though.
Let me ask you this. What are some things you believe you could do to improve your situation? Sometimes I think just expanding my roster of hobbies could take me a long way. At least, it could give me more to talk about with people. Shoot, if I could talk about several other topics as thoroughly and enthusiastically as I can talk about those favorite subjects of mine, which no one else I meet in person ever seems to give a **** about, I'd be A-ok! Hehe.

By the way, I'm not interested in new hobbies merely for the sake of improving my social life. I really want to get into doing more things. There's a lot I know I could enjoy, but I need to push myself. :)

Humm if you are good looking and all, i think you are just looking on the wrong place. lol My english is not enough to explain what im thinking but, like... if you like war games, go play war games cause you will find grils that like to talk about war games (bad example? lol) You dont really need to talk a looooot on the first time you go out with her. Invite her to the cinema (you cant talk there but you guys will have fun) and then to have dinner on a nice restaurant (you will be eating and will not talk so much). lol I think the conversation will be fine and you will not even notice. And i didnt get what you wanted to say with " but just getting to that point is a problem. "
Anyway, good luck. I hope its just a bad moment in your life and you will be fine soon.

What i meant by saying just getting that point, was getting to the point of having a conversation. In other words starting a conversation.

Thanks for all the replies so far

Hi there lone355 and welcome to the forum :)

I know what you mean about just coming home to yourself. Very quiet. And takes very few minutes for the realization your going to be spending another all night-er alone. Do you ever get to your front door and just think there is nothing behind here for me. I always just wont to tern around and go somewhere else but I never know where to go so I unlock the door and start the night. I normally start feeling better by the time Ive got the PC on tho :)

Also am going to move this to the new members forum if that's ok. I think it well be better there as its your fist post :)

I know your feelings. It's very hard for me to start a conversation. As addition, I have a stuttering problem since a few years ago. It makes me even harder to communcate my feelings.

Latest posts

Back