FOOTBALL

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love the world cup !
It's exciting for everybody. People who moan about it are boring. It's only a month every 4 years.
I am watching as much as I can, even the late night matches. I have been tired since it started.

Triple Bogey said:
I love the world cup !
It's exciting for everybody. People who moan about it are boring. It's only a month every 4 years.
I am watching as much as I can, even the late night matches. I have been tired since it started.

the time zones are too different.
Which team do you prefer?

Triple Bogey said:
I love the world cup !

I don't think people around my country are finding it that exciting... (Yep, I'm a fellow brazilian)

But honeysuckle if I'm not hoping Brazil will make it to the hexa this year.

^ Whoa, és brasileira? Interesting... :p Ñ sou brasileiro btw :p
Anyway, I watch all competitions, but only Europe's top 5 leagues and its continental competitions, and the greatest competition of all: the World Cup.
The teams are Real Madrid, Arsenal and Juventus.
Overall, in the beggining of last season, many people criticised Bale, but look at him now. Practically winning the CDR and UCL by himself...
My Germany played like champions today. Pepe did something of a foolish. Belgium and France are the teams to watch. Dark horses remain Netherlands, France, Ghana, Portugal and Croatia.
Semifinals for me: 5PA1N, Germany, Argentina, Brazil. One of those will lift it.
Can't wait for PL to restart to see my Arsenal challenging for the title, after going the most days topping the table last season than any other team : /
Real Madrid too shall win La Liga next season, following Barça's apparent cycle-ending. But we never know what Rakitic might do after Fuckbregas left (Fuckbregas 'cause he didn't came back home, so he is Fuckbregas now -.-. I mean, he could have joined any other club, he could even join Manchester United but never, never a London rival -.-) and also that new kid Ter Stegen may invoke a new cycle at Catalunya.
Elsewhere, PSG have no major opposition in Ligue 1. It's a two-horse race between BVB and FCB in Germany, though Leverkusen, Schalke04 finished strong last season. Juve will have Roma, Napoli and the two Milan clubs to deal with next season.
I could just talk nonstop about football. It's hard to find anyone who can match my footballing brain...

Drama said:
Triple Bogey said:
I love the world cup !

the time zones are too different.
Which team do you prefer?

England of course.

I think it will be a Brazil v Germany final

thelonegamer said:
^ Whoa, és brasileira? Interesting... :p Ñ sou brasileiro btw :p
Anyway, I watch all competitions, but only Europe's top 5 leagues and its continental competitions, and the greatest competition of all: World Cup.
The teams are Real Madrid, Arsenal and Juventus.
Overall, in the beggining of last season, many people criticised Bale, but look at him now. Practically winning the CDR and UCL by himself...
My Germany played like champions today. Pepe did something of a foolish. Belgium and France are the teams to watch. Dark horses remain Netherlands, France, Ghana, Portugal and Croatia.
Semifinals for me: 5PA1N, Germany, Argentina, Brazil. One of those will lift it.
Can't wait for PL to restart to see my Arsenal challenging for the title after going the most days topping the table : /
Real Madrid too shall win La Liga next season, following Barça's apparent cycle-ending.
Elsewhere, PSG have no major opposition in Ligue 1. The clash of the titans is between BVB and FCB in Germany. Juve will have Roma, Napoli and the two Milan clubs to deal with next season.
I could just talk nonstop about football. It's hard to find anyone who can match my footballing brain...

Can't see Spain doing anything in this world cup. A very jaded team. They don't play direct enough, too much tip tap football.

Arsenal won't win the title next year unless they find a better striker.
My team played them in the FA cup final. What a good game !
Man City or Chelsea will win next season. I can't see Man Utd doing any good either. There time is over. Liverpool and Arsenal in the top 4. I hope we stay up ! :)

What won Italy the match was experience. It was obvious even for a retard to see how Sterling dazzled Chiellini & co. The team simply lack the class of a team at a grand tournament like the World Cup. We could see Pirlo and De Rossi carrying the team with their calm presences. Gerrard was messing things up, very agitated. Euro 2016 and World Cup 2018 might be England's... But this one, they should enjoy it as much as they can. It's true, on the pitch you never know. But I just don't see the likes of Gerrard, Lampard, Henderson, Baines, Jagielka, Cahill, Sterling, Rooney, Sturridge, Wilshere, Ox-Chambo winning the trophy over the likes of Götze, Özil, Müller, Kroos, Schürrle, Poldi, Schweinsteiger, Klose, or Iniesta, Xavi, Busquets, Alonso, Fuckbregas, Cazorla, Torres, David Silva, David Villa, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, I just don't see it happening \o/

Haha, Bruce squeezed the best out of the team and he deserves the credits.
Yeah, City or Chelsea. I'm really scared of Chelsea next season : /
Arsenal's problem is fitness and Olivier Giroud. But we have some hope in Joel Campbell. Many of our stars were injured for most of the campaign: Ramsey, Özil, Wilshere, Walcott. Good thing Wenger signed Germany's fitness coach.
Next season promises some exciting stuff.
Also, this 2014 edition of the World Cup, for me, will go down as the best ever so far. So many stars, so many awesome games, so many twists and turns, so many hearts won. Football is big. Football changes people's lives. And that's exactly what the Argentinians and Messi himself felt when he scored his forst ever goal in the finals. Just undescribable feeling. Messi is great

thelonegamer said:
What won Italy the match was experience. It was obvious even for a retard to see how Sterling dazzled Chiellini & co. The team simply lack the class of a team at a grand tournament like the World Cup. We could see Pirlo and De Rossi carrying the team with their calm presences. Gerrard was messing things up, very agitated. Euro 2016 and World Cup 2018 might be England's... But this one, they should enjoy it as much as they can. It's true, on the pitch you never know. But I just don't see the likes of Gerrard, Lampard, Henderson, Baines, Jagielka, Cahill, Sterling, Rooney, Sturridge, Wilshere, Ox-Chambo winning the trophy over the likes of Götze, Özil, Müller, Kroos, Schürrle, Poldi, Schweinsteiger, Klose, or Iniesta, Xavi, Busquets, Alonso, Fuckbregas, Cazorla, Torres, David Silva, David Villa, Casillas, Sergio Ramos, I just don't see it happening \o/

Haha, Bruce squeezed the best out of the team and he deserves the credits.
Yeah, City or Chelsea. I'm really scared of Chelsea next season : /
Arsenal's problem is fitness and Olivier Giroud. But we have some hope in Joel Campbell. Many of our stars were injured for most of the campaign: Ramsey, Özil, Wilshere, Walcott. Good thing Wenger signed Germany's fitness coach.
Next season promises some exciting stuff.
Also, this 2014 edition of the World Cup, for me, will go down as the best ever so far. So many stars, so many awesome games, so many twists and turns, so many hearts won. Football is big. Football changes people's lives. And that's exactly what the Argentinians and Messi himself felt when he scored his forst ever goal in the finals. Just undescribable feeling. Messi is great

England will never win the cup, we have a tough group. If we win our next 2 games then it's a big achievement. I am not sure though. Costa Rica were brilliant. And yes Campbell could be a big player for Arsenal next season. I think you missed Ramsey last season. When he got injured. I think you need a holding midfielder better than Areteta. (spelling).

We wanted Lars Bender but he just signed a contract extension with Leverkusen so... Ramsey and Wilshere will do the damage next season but we need coverage from someone like Khedira or Vidal or Gundogan.
Arsenal are a unpredictable team and that's what makes it special. It can either go a complete failure or, like in the 03/04 season, go unbeaten for two years. And that's amazing.
I expect someone from either Arsenal, Liverpool, City or Chelsea to win it next season! We will see this thread next May and you will see I was right!

As an American fan of football, it's sad to see the Interwebs after USA v. Ghana. You'd think Americans are now expecting the US National team to win it all based on one freaking win.

It's a significant win in that it's revenge for Ghana eliminating the US the last few World Cups, but I'm too much of a realist to think that this means anything. It's great the US won, but luck was on their side. (The US couldn't maintain possession to save their lives.) If they play like that against Portugal or Germany, the US will be humiliated. I expect Portugal will use the US as a punching bag to express their anger at losing 4-0 against Germany.

Anyway, I've watched every World Cup since 1990, and I watch as many matches as I can. I follow USA, England, Germany, and Italy. Also, if I can watch a Premier League match during the season, or matches in the Bundesliga, Serie A, or La Liga, I'm a happy guy.

It's foolish to consider the US can win it based on their win against Ghana. I too hope Portugal will try to redeem themselves against the US and Ghana. Germany proved too strong for the likes of Raúl Meireles, Joao Moutinho or Miguel Veloso. They might have the best player in the world but when they have 10 other shitty players he can't work properly, I'm sorry but Ronaldo wasn't at fault. He captained the side very well

thelonegamer said:
It's foolish to consider the US can win it based on their win against Ghana. I too hope Portugal will try to redeem themselves against the US and Ghana. Germany proved too strong for the likes of Raúl Meireles, Joao Moutinho or Miguel Veloso. They might have the best player in the world but when they have 10 other shitty players he can't work properly, I'm sorry but Ronaldo wasn't at fault. He captained the side very well

Exactly this.

I hope that Algeria will win today

So... Which side is that that you're supporting? :D :p
Unfair. I demand the exclusion of your opinion in this matter! Jk :p

Oops! Belgium 2-1 Algeria.
They played well but Belgium fought for the win and deserved it utmostly. That Fellaini header tho :O \o/
As I said, Belgium are a team to watch

thelonegamer said:
So... Which side is that that you're supporting? :D :p
Unfair. I demand the exclusion of your opinion in this matter! Jk :p

Oops! Belgium 2-1 Algeria.
They played well but Belgium fought for the win and deserved it utmostly. That Fellaini header tho :O \o/
As I said, Belgium are a team to watch

Belgium got away with that performance, they were shocking for the first hour ! - Fellaini made the difference.

I have seen most of the teams now. Holland were the best team.

Brazil v Mexico should be a good game !

thelonegamer said:
We wanted Lars Bender but he just signed a contract extension with Leverkusen so... Ramsey and Wilshere will do the damage next season but we need coverage from someone like Khedira or Vidal or Gundogan.
Arsenal are a unpredictable team and that's what makes it special. It can either go a complete failure or, like in the 03/04 season, go unbeaten for two years. And that's amazing.
I expect someone from either Arsenal, Liverpool, City or Chelsea to win it next season! We will see this thread next May and you will see I was right!

Even though my team lost the FA cup final, I was glad Arsenal won a trophy. I got sick of listening to people say they haven't won anything for 8 years !

I like their back 9, can't spell their names :)
They missed Walcott last year.

Latest posts

Back