For guys: How would you respond to this?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

utohskettios

Reaction score
I'm curious about what you would say about the following type of person:

Let's say that you're a guy and there's a girl that you're talking to. The girl is very attractive, you know, people may call her the 'pretty girl' even. So let's say the conversation you're having with her evolves into one about relationships and dating. The girl then begins generalizing about men and how so many guys like her, that they all usually fall in love with her, and most importantly, that they always -expect- something from her. Just general complaining about how guys won't leave them alone.

I'm not saying the girl would really be a snob that's trying to passively point out how awesome she thinks she is, or even the 'pretty girl' type with an attitude like I mentioned. Or even further, trying to make it apparent that she isn't interested in you. You usually won't know 100% for sure until after these types of conversations.

How do you personally respond to this when it happens? I'm curious because I'm positive most guys have run into this type of girl.

I'm not a guy, sorry :( but I WOULD like to say that when I'm talking to a guy who I am interested in, or see as a possible boyfriend, I wouldn't talk (or complain) about any past relationship experience. I would feel awkward doing that, and it probably would come across as sounding conceited or trying to show off. >.<!!!

Oh I run into them a lot. I usually make a joke about losing my chances with said woman and then make a sad face.

I'd just tell her that it must be difficult having so much pressure on her to act pretty and be pretty all the time. I'd let her know that I understand that it's nice to get away from that once in a while and just live without expectations. And then I'd tell her that I had no expectations from her. Yeah, I'd like to sleep with her...I wouldn't lie about that. But I wouldn't expect it from her or require her to "be pretty" or anything.

And while I was saying all of that, I'd be thinking that she has had quite a history, and that I probably wouldn't be interested in her as relationship material. Sure, I'd be friends with benefits with her or have a one-nighter, but from her own explanation, she's admitting that she has a complicated network of contacts/relationships with multiple men...and that's just not for me. *shrug*

And also, I wouldn't enjoy being with a woman that blames all men for the pressure she feels to act perfect. Because guess what? She DOES have the option to not perform to their expectations. She DOES have the option to let it slide and to avoid such situations.

Great replies.

I forgot to say that I'm not talking about a particular person since my female acquaintances are fine, but I do run into this type every once in a while. I guess to be more explicit, let me ask this: would any of you actually call them on it? And if so, what would you say? To be honest I've never tried just outright saying something like,

'look, you ARE an attractive girl and I can see a lot guys that aren't worth it hitting on you all the time, but I've also run into women who constantly complain (or brag) about how every guy in the world likes them. Subtly smug, never satisfied'.

:D

I wouldn't call them on it unless they got uppity with me personally. Unless they did that, I'd be too busy playing the "yes, I understand your dilemma, let me comfort you," game.

But so help me god, if she started getting onto ME, blaming ME personally for every other guy out there, we'd have us a little argument, yes we would! :p

I'd just listen to what she has to say and respond with what she wants to hear, then nothing more, I run into a lot of these people whether they're male or female, and I just pretty much respond in the same way.

oarivan said:
Oh I run into them a lot. I usually make a joke about losing my chances with said woman and then make a sad face.

Marry me, dammit...

Ahem, well, I would figure she just wanted to rant on it. Assuming that I wasn't interested her myself, that's what I'd think. However, if I was interested in her, I'd probably back down a bit, seeing how she seems like she's not in the mood to deal with guys who she thinks wants something from her. I wouldn't want her to think I wanted something from her.

First, I don't know where you're at with this conversation and relationship. What I mean is, did you talk to this girl, SHOW YOU'RE INTERESTED IN HER (women won't know unless you CONCRETELY TELL THEM, so, unless you told her, I think you're sexy or making out with her, you can't assume).

Also, I don't know how long you've been talking to her. If you've JUST met her and that honeysuckle's going on, AND YOU MADE IT CLEAR YOU LIKE HER, she's probably trying to test you. Just don't give a fresia and move on to a more interesting topic. HOWEVER, if you NEVER MADE IT CLEAR that you have sexual attraction to her, it sounds like you've been friendszoned.

EDIT:

Just a side note. Most girls I've been direct with and told them I found them sexy and she was also into me, I NEVER ran into ish like that so early into the interaction.

This was actually general. There isn't anyone this is happening with, it was just something that I thought would be a good idea for a topic. My mind wonders about this kind of thing sometimes :)

utohskettios said:
I'm curious about what you would say about the following type of person:

Let's say that you're a guy and there's a girl that you're talking to. The girl is very attractive, you know, people may call her the 'pretty girl' even. So let's say the conversation you're having with her evolves into one about relationships and dating. The girl then begins generalizing about men and how so many guys like her, that they all usually fall in love with her, and most importantly, that they always -expect- something from her. Just general complaining about how guys won't leave them alone.

I'm not saying the girl would really be a snob that's trying to passively point out how awesome she thinks she is, or even the 'pretty girl' type with an attitude like I mentioned. Or even further, trying to make it apparent that she isn't interested in you. You usually won't know 100% for sure until after these types of conversations.

How do you personally respond to this when it happens? I'm curious because I'm positive most guys have run into this type of girl.

She is saying that she doesnt want a needy guy treat her like the local barmaid she will love it

^^^Yeah, because every woman wants to be objectified and treated like a service wench. Yup.

Wow.

The local barmaid? Lol. Yea, do that and expect a drink thrown in yer face. ;)

Eh hard to say how I would react. However, I would lose a pretty big degree of interest. However, right then and there she is basically telling me I am just another guy who annoys her or that I am just going to be her friend. At which point I would try to wrap up the conversation. Mainly because if I am ummm "attracted" to her and she is going on about how annoyed she is with guys always hitting on her. That says to me I have no chance with her. And I do not want to be friends with females, in real life, who are not willing to give me a chance as a mate.

I would say "Really? A lot of guys say that? Really? I think they are just being nice."

My middle name is *******.

Latest posts

Back