forcing myself not to just lurk

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PQperson

Reaction score

Hi everyone,
I'm new to this forum, and I already see myself doing what I tend to do in forums: Read posts and log out. I read the tips for getting the most out of an online support community and it suggested I post and not just lurk to get more out of it.

I will give a little background about myself and why I'm here. My twin sister, who is also my best friend, recently moved away. I live in California and she now lives on the East Coast. We've never been apart before. It's been extremely difficult. And now it's extremely lonely. I didn't realize how few girlfriends I had until my built-in best one left me, or maybe I realized it and just didn't care. It didn't matter to me; I had my sister. I was happy.

I have ONE....only ONE....other girlfriend that I can call, but the "friendship" is extremely one-sided, in that she talks, I listen, then she makes up an excuse to get off the phone. I even started writing down her reasons for getting off the phone because they became so comical and unrealistic. Her e-bay auction is ending so she needs to go. Really???

Anyway, I feel some comfort in knowing I'm not alone in my loneliness. I wish I could muster up the courage to do things alone. I did EVERYTHING with my sister, shopping, eating out, movies, everything I wanted to do with a friend. Now I just feel stupid doing anything alone. I know I need to get over it, but it's hard. I did force myself to go to the mall alone the other day, but it almost made me feel worse. I found myself texting my sister everything I wished she was there to hear me say
. It just made me miss her more and made me a little sadder actually.

Okay, enough of my story. I just wanted to introduce myself and make a post. Mission accomplished. :)
Amy

Hi Amy! Glad you've posted, please do join in and play the games and share more :)

Welcome to the site!

Welcome to the side.
I'm glad you decided to post.

Hey Amy, welcome to the forum. I hope you can find some new people you can connect and interact with on here. Good luck.

Thank you all for the welcoming notes. Maybe I'll venture in to the chat room....and quietly read the interchange. That's not lurking, right? That's being a passive participant. ;-) I'd actually feel pretty good about myself for just logging into it. That's something I'll work up to I guess.
I hope everyone has a pleasant day today.
Amy

Welcome, PQ. Get involved to the extent that you are comfortable. In time, I am sure you will participate more. :)

Latest posts

Back