Free Love

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How do would you stop yourself developing stronger feelings for one person than another? Most people naturally develop feelings that are stronger than friendship for one person at a time. You can't force yourself not to love someone more than anyone else, or conversely to love everyone the same. It simply does not work for the vast majority of people.

And it's naive to assume there would be no pregnancies from that amount of sex. No form of contraception is 100% effective... would everyone have to be sterilised?

The closest I can come to this is polyfidelity... and I'd be the only girl of the family. I am unabashedly too selfish to share.

Theoretically, it's a great idea. I get bored of people extremely easily, a flaw of mine, having more than one person would be great.
Jealousy is too much though, people may not get jealous straight away, they may not be jealous by nature.. but the jealousy will be there, it will lead to manipulation, breakdown of family units and often, ultimately.. murder.

The social proof gained from sex and the accordant value would decline in such a society. Therefore, while it might be more common, it may also be less meaningful. Whether that's a good or negative thing depends on your mileage.

Latest posts

Back