Fridays not TGIF, but ONIF

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LonelySutton

Reaction score
As in "oh no its Friday". I find Friday's so miserable. Typically it is the end of the week. I am overwhelmed from all the things that happened during the week. Tired, but then, all my "friends" are gone. Many leave at 12 PM on Fridays. They go out with friends, out with family, they all have great things to do... not me. I am just going home to nothing.

But, that would be ok... if there was something on TV or otherwise to make me feel good or forget my worries... but without fail... bowing to these cultural conventions.. there is no new or interesting programming put on TV. So Friday nights is like the world stops at the exact time I need it the most.

Saturday improves a lot. Mostly I run errands and may talk to a few people... but true enough... still no new programming for me to pursue. Still though, by this time I am starting to get into my own head. Remembering stories I liked or wanted to pursue. I have times to do things I want.

Buy Sunday I am truly me. I feel calm and happy with my surroundings. My errands are done. More people are chatty and best yet, there usually is great programming on Sunday nights. Programming that typically makes me laugh or inspires me... ALL apparently on at the exact same time... and for about 1 hour as my head hits the pillow on Sunday night... I am inspired and happy and relaxed... and then... by Monday at 9... it is all one massive roller ball down a hill of despair.

How do people do it? How do I get out of this hell cycle. Can anyone relate?

It's really late here so i'll be brief, I like the bit where you say that by Saturday you are getting into your head and have times to do the things you want....and then by sunday you are all inspired, etc.

I wonder if there's any way of trying to deliberately trigger this in yourself earlier on Friday afternoon? Like if there are no programmes, etc, is it worth having some films planned to watch on Friday eve, etc....things that you can purposely do to trigger your inspired states?

IndigoSpace said:
is it worth having some films planned to watch on Friday eve, etc....things that you can purposely do to trigger your inspired states?

I knew someone was going to suggest that but honestly, I find that I don't really enjoy it unless it is kind of not my choice / plan (so it just comes on) and I am often just so busy on Friday's trying to get my work done, the idea of planning or thinking or anything but -- JUST MAKING IT -- to the end of the week is impossible.

Usually Fridays involve me going home and spending the evening watching bad Netflix movies, trying to get drunk (I usually fall asleep before I do).
Saturdays are mostly ok.
Sundays... I hate Sundays. I am almost always really depressed on Sunday for whatever reason. Left to my own devices, I would simply lay in bed, completely inside my own head. There will probably be some tears at some point.

I don't like the weekend. But I hate the weekdays even more.

Every once in a while, I have date on Friday night. At least those Fridays are pretty good.

VeganAtheist said:
Usually Fridays involve me going home and spending the evening watching bad Netflix movies . . .

You haven't watched a bad movie on Netflix until you've seen Taintlight.

tumblr_luxv6nWm2P1r6jyfko1_500.jpg

It actually turned out to be better than the movie it's a parody of.

VanillaCreme said:
You haven't watched a bad movie on Netflix until you've seen Taintlight.

tumblr_luxv6nWm2P1r6jyfko1_500.jpg

It actually turned out to be better than the movie it's a parody of.

I shall be watching that next! Thanks for the suggestion!
Edit: well... Maybe but next. Not sure I am in a comedy mood. It's on the queue, though.

Latest posts

Back