Friend wants me to do triathlon. Should I?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrannySmith111

Reaction score
So a friend of mine is convincing me to do triathlon with him. Right now, I'm not really into it. Hes been really encouraging and giving me lots of reasons I should do it.

Its not an easy sport though. Requires a lot of time commitment and training. Right now while I'm still in school, I feel like I don't have the time to do such a thing. You need to invest a lot and buy lots of equipment. On top of that, I'm still in school, so finding the time to do both school work and train would be difficult for me.

On the plus side, doing triathlon would just make you super fit. If I could get through this, I could probably do just about anything. Its not a negative thing that hes pressuring me into, its something that I feel is amazing for your health.

I can't help thinking about why he wants me to do the sport with him. There has to be something that he's gonna get out of this correct? Maybe he just needs a friend to train with. Maybe he has something else he's not telling me? I don't understand whats in it for him to keep pressuring me to do it.

I need your help on this guys. What would you do? Why do you think hes so eager to get me to do this sport with him?

Maybe he just wants you to do it with him because he doesn't want to do it alone. He wants a friend by his side and he picked you. I'd be honored if a friend asked me, though I don't think I'm physically capable of doing a triathlon. You should talk to him about your concerns with school and everything, but if you want to do it you should. It's something you may never get to do again and regret not taking the chance. It really is up to you in the end.

I was planning to eventually do triathlon in my life, but right now when I'm in my junior year of high school it doesn't seem like a good combination.

Latest posts

Back