Friends

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PEACE FOR ALL

sb2fc4.jpg

Drama said:
lol this thread.

Let's try to make it brighter and insert some positiveness in it. everyone make peace now!

dcat.gif

Ok!

funny_puns_are_you_positive-s500x364-185378.jpg

My sig says it all. Makes me smile each time I see it.

I've found the perfect song for this thread

This forum seems to have a tendency to make a mockery out of everything that's not a very specific set of subjects approached in a particular way.
Glancing at the first page it's easy to see why there's only really a small group of core members who stick around for any significant amount of time, while the others soon notice that the amount of helpful advice is dwarfed by egocentric complaints, sanctimonious mockery, and circlejerking.
Sometimes something good comes out of it place, other times I wonder what's the point of this forum even existing, when it's a carbon copy of any other forum on the Internet.
Then again, I suppose it's inevitable, all places on the Internet slowly go in the same direction.
Must be tied in with the anonymity that often turns grown men into pubescent schoolboys.

Sigma said:
This forum seems to have a tendency to make a mockery out of everything that's not a very specific set of subjects approached in a particular way.
Glancing at the first page it's easy to see why there's only really a small group of core members who stick around for any significant amount of time, while the others soon notice that the amount of helpful advice is dwarfed by egocentric complaints, sanctimonious mockery, and circlejerking.
Sometimes something good comes out of it place, other times I wonder what's the point of this forum even existing, when it's a carbon copy of any other forum on the Internet.
Then again, I suppose it's inevitable, all places on the Internet slowly go in the same direction.
Must be tied in with the anonymity that often turns grown men into pubescent schoolboys.

True!

Can someone just please close... AND NOT REVIVE this thread. Cos it IS going nowhere. And adding insults to ANY of the forum members WONT HELP. By reading everything, you can see both sides and understand both sides and understand both side's fault. Now it will not help if we just ask one side to be extra nicr to the other side... While their point in the whole argument is it's not good to tolerate any belittling and generalization. so NOW... Lets just all be adults and LET GO of things and just shurg it off. Cos really IT IS not helping.

Again.. I vote to close this thread... Or vote for people to not inflame any drama.

swirlturtle said:
Can someone just please close... AND NOT REVIVE this thread. Cos it IS going nowhere. And adding insults to ANY of the forum members WONT HELP. By reading everything, you can see both sides and understand both sides and understand both side's fault. Now it will not help if we just ask one side to be extra nicr to the other side... While their point in the whole argument is it's not good to tolerate any belittling and generalization. so NOW... Lets just all be adults and LET GO of things and just shurg it off. Cos really IT IS not helping.

Again.. I vote to close this thread... Or vote for people to not inflame any drama.

In other words, it's pointless.. mmhmm. This thread began so nicely.

Sigma said:
egocentric complaints

Like lambasting an entire generation of people because of their youth? Like moaning about how society is slipping down the drains, and a certain specific aged, introspective gentleman is superior to said generation?

Kinda like that?

Sigma said:
sanctimonious mockery

Like suggesting that age has anything at all to do with wisdom? Again, refer to earlier statements regarding the glorious old days of true communication, compared to the dismal abomination of interaction that's destroying younger generations?

Like that?

Sigma said:
circlejerking

As far as I can tell, responses and opinions in this thread have been quite varied and open, if heated. I'd hardly classify that as circlejerking. Oh, it's nice of you to insult the older members of the forum. As if the time anyone has spent on this forum means anything at all in terms of value of content provided by said members. Thanks for that.

Sigma said:

I'm not quite sure what you were expecting from this forum, but it's unfortunate that you feel it hasn't lived up to your standards.

Sigma said:

Sure, let's just go ahead and leap to the assumption that nobody responds authentically in an online forum. Let's also label an argument as being solely the activity of brash, undeveloped, immature young men, and then let's apply that label to anyone who has a passioned rebuttal or a sharp opinion.

I was under the impression that this was a simple argument.

How did this all get worked up into some sort of earth-shaking, soul-murdering conflict? If a member -- any member acts in a manner that is not conducive to preserving the environment offered on this website, they are going to be called on it -- swiftly and sharply. This applies to myself as well.

How does this not fit into the category of general human interaction?

If someone overreacts to something and responds with ad hominem attacks decrying younger generations and claiming the end of society, they will rightly face an indignant and harsh response. When one makes that sort of post, one should expect a strong response.

I understand this. I'm pretty sure Alienated understands this as well. If not... perhaps he should think twice about what he posts next time.

ladyforsaken said:
It's like saying you should ban someone on this forum for feeling and being negative.

Just for the record, so far as I recall, nobody in here ever mentioned banning.

One member has displayed a trend of repeated passive-aggressive behavior on the forum and has been called out on it. That's all that's happened here.

And that's what they call case in point, a fitting end I'd say.
Hopefully a mod will come along soon and end this dreary repetition of the past.

Badjedidude said:
ladyforsaken said:
It's like saying you should ban someone on this forum for feeling and being negative.

Just for the record, so far as I recall, nobody in here ever mentioned banning.

One member has displayed a trend of repeated passive-aggressive behavior on the forum and has been called out on it. That's all that's happened here.

I meant, it seems like one who's feeling and being negative might as well be banned.

swirlturtle said:

You can vote as many times as you like, if there's nobody to close it, then just ignore it. Haha.

9006 said:
You can vote as many times as you like, if there's nobody to close it, then just ignore it. Haha.

Or we can just spam it you and I like we do for other threads.

Guys srsly. Let's turn the page.
Y U SO ANGRY.
peace love and understanding (L)

Interesting to see how this thread is still so open, considering the identity of the assailants. Sir Alienated has also lived (not been banned) for far longer than i predicted.

ladyforsaken said:
I meant, it seems like one who's feeling and being negative might as well be banned.

Fair enough. I just wanted to point out that -- barring some sort of extreme negativity (such as suicidal references, etc) -- members here aren't banned for simply being negative from time to time.

But if one does so repeatedly, it shouldn't be a huge surprise that others will tend to refuse to associate or treat with them... or in some cases, will respond to such negativity quite strongly.

-Sai- said:
Interesting to see how this thread is still so open, considering the identity of the assailants. Sir Alienated has also lived (not been banned) for far longer than i predicted.

I may find what he said in this thread to be repellent and demeaning, but Alienated still deserves his say and his opportunity to show a more positive, constructive attitude. As do we all.

Rest assured, if anyone here gets banned, it's for good reason and it's not taken lightly.

Unless they're spamming golf equipment websites. :p Then they receive swift, unblinking justice.

Badjedidude said:
Unless they're spamming golf equipment websites. :p Then they receive swift, unblinking justice.

Well I could use some new golfing pants, have a missed something?

*Searches*

Wait - we were having a party and I wasn't invited? And there was GOLF?! God **** it, BJD :< I thought we were bros!

It seems to be a "destroy each other" party and who wants to be invited??? Oh and golf, for the love of God golf...less exciting than watching grass grow :) My son plays golf, my dad...I just. Don't. Get. It.

My version of spam advertising:

GoofyGolfGroup1.jpg

Now there's some PANTS for ya! Ssseeeeeexxxxxxyyy

Alienated said:
Now I know why they call this generation X.

Ok, I just want to respond to this statement. I found a post that Alienated made on 8/7/13 in which he said he is 48 years old.

Guess what dude!!! You are in Generation X!!!!!

Latest posts

Back