Friends

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tsk tsk... here's a cat dancing:

dcat.gif

Alienated said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friendship

Learn it, Live it, Love It !!

Got to be one before you can have one !!

I approve ;] AND would like to add this meditation ...

Today, I will strive for clarity and directness in my relationships. If I now have some relationships that are murky and ill-defined, and if I have given them my adequate time to form, I will begin to take action to define that relationship. I will try to let go of my fears about defining and understanding the nature of my present relationships. Know that what I want is ok, if I can't get that from the other person, what I want is still ok... just not possible at the present time.

From Language of Letting Go by Melody Beattie

ucxb said:
Alienated said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friendship

Learn it, Live it, Love It !!

Got to be one before you can have one !!

I approve ;] AND would like to add this meditation ...

Today, I will strive for clarity and directness in my relationships. If I now have some relationships that are murky and ill-defined, and if I have given them my adequate time to form, I will begin to take action to define that relationship. I will try to let go of my fears about defining and understanding the nature of my present relationships. Know that what I want is ok, if I can't get that from the other person, what I want is still ok... just not possible at the present time.

From Language of Letting Go by Melody Beattie

Thank you for recognizing what I was trying to say, and not dismissing it.

Alienated said:
Thank you for recognizing what I was trying to say, and not dismissing it. And using it as a joke, showing utter stupidity.

I thought is was a joke. I mean, I don't even know you or talk to you and I have to see your interpersonal scuffles plastered out there on the forum. Maybe some introspection is in order before you go with the full blown PSAs. But nice wiki article I guess.

ucxb said:
^ I take any relation seriously <3

It's about time somebody did. Because the meaning seams to lost, and dis-reguarded as a joke.

mintymint said:
Alienated said:
Thank you for recognizing what I was trying to say, and not dismissing it. And using it as a joke, showing utter stupidity.

I thought is was a joke. I mean, I don't even know you or talk to you and I have to see your interpersonal scuffles plastered out there on the forum. Maybe some introspection is in order before you go with the full blown PSAs. But nice wiki article I guess.

Well I don't know what PSAs means, but if you read some of the older post I made. I had a different attitude, but I took some of the statements made here incomprehensible. And I took some of them personally. I had mentioned introspection, and find many here incapable of that.

I am just extremely disappointed at some of the attitudes here, and like I said I took them personally. I know that I am older, and most here are younger than me. But I came from a different generation, and we had a different code of life. Now I know why they call this generation X.

I see no personal responsibility, or effort to make any changes. And when encouraged to do so, only to be treated like I'm stupid or totally dismissed.

And I watch the total break down of any ability to communicate on a personal level, and then everyone has no idea why we are all alone.
I have done the introspection, and made a decision that I will stick to the old way of communicating when it WORKED.

And NOT play childish games, and political correctness... Because if the new way is so good.....

Then why is it FAILING ?

Im sure most people still value friendship.. Just that most of them are scared to trust.. And that gets in the way of maintaning a good amicable relationship. It is quite funny that it has a wiki article. cos in the end... Dictionary wont help you understand certain things. But life and real experiences. Now it doesnt mean i laugh at it that i am a heartless human being who doesnt give a **** about friends or friendship at all.

One must let go of peoples differences, relax, have low expectations and high standards, but BE true to yourself and others ....

Alienated said:
mintymint said:
Alienated said:

Well I don't know what PSAs means, but if you read some of the older post I made. I had a different attitude, but I took some of the statements made here incomprehensible. And I took some of them personally. I had mentioned introspection, and find many here incapable of that.

I am just extremely disappointed at some of the attitudes here, and like I said I took them personally. I know that I am older, and most here are younger than me. But I came from a different generation, and we had a different code of life. Now I know why they call this generation X.

I see no personal responsibility, or effort to make any changes. And when encouraged to do so, only to be treated like I'm stupid or totally dismissed.

And I watch the total break down of any ability to communicate on a personal level, and then everyone has no idea why we are all alone.
I have done the introspection, and made a decision that I will stick to the old way of communicating when it WORKED.

And NOT play childish games, and political correctness... Because if the new way is so good.....

Then why is it FAILING ?

Because to the casual observer it looks like you don't have the tools nor the patience and maturity to assess people wisely and develop personal connections through healthy interaction. Meaningful connections tend not to come often nor quickly.You seem fixated on blaming defects present in the other party in most cases, character flaws or their relatively young age. And conveniently everyone around here seems to have those defects, which makes it all their fault and not yours. You can't even contain your misunderstandings in private like a mature adult. And you go so far as to post a passive aggressive thread over the whole matter. Anyway, I'm just a casual observer and that's what I have to say.

Alienated said:
I had mentioned introspection, and find many here incapable of that.

Elitist self-elevation and contempt for differing worldview? CHECK.

Alienated said:
I know that I am older, and most here are younger than me. But I came from a different generation, and we had a different code of life. Now I know why they call this generation X.

Bullshit "older is wiser" argument, combined with generalization of an entire generation? CHECK.

Alienated said:

Ridiculously sensitive overreaction to standard online interaction? CHECK.

Alienated said:
And I watch the total break down of any ability to communicate on a personal level, and then everyone has no idea why we are all alone. I have done the introspection, and made a decision that I will stick to the old way of communicating when it WORKED.

Again with the generalizations and younger-generation-bashing. OH LAWDY I LIVED IN THE GOLDEN AGE YOU YOUNGSTERS ARE DESTROYING INTERPERSONAL COMMUNICATION HURRR HURRRRRR. CHECK.

Alienated said:

Then why is it FAILING ?

Make outrageous claim that "new way" is failing, yet fail to define the "new way" and fail to provide any evidence for its failure? CHECK.

fresia you and the self-righteous horse you rode in on, bub.

mintymint said:
Alienated said:

Then why is it FAILING ?

Because to the casual observer it looks like you don't have the tools nor the patience and maturity to assess people wisely and develop personal connections through healthy interaction. Meaningful connections tend not to come often nor quickly.You seem fixated on blaming defects present in the other party in most cases, character flaws or their relatively young age. And conveniently everyone around here seems to have those defects, which makes it all their fault and not yours. You can't even contain your misunderstandings in private like a mature adult. And you go so far as to post a passive aggressive thread over the whole matter. Anyway, I'm just a casual observer and that's what I have to say.

This.

Well I have read Shakespeare that wrote "To your own self be true" it's one a AA prime directives to stay sober. And it has worked for me for 7 Years and 72 days. But remember " Truth is considered relative now, there is now difference from true and not true.

Responsibility has been replaced with blaming others, decisions are made on emotions which change on the flip of a dime, self entitlement is out of control, behavior problems are excused as a mental illness, there is a pill to take care of everything but never works, No examples of integrity, honor, courage, or any other positive attrobutes. Dependability, true empathy, sympathy, or any other assistance to help another human being.

The whole English language has been changed, or forgotten, to the point of delusional rants. And nobody even listens to each other, and sometime even themselves. Personal problems need to be handled by personal change, but when everybody right. The problem is never identified let alone deal with.

What have we become ?

Alienated said:
Well I have read Shakespeare that wrote "To your own self be true" it's one a AA prime directives to stay sober. And it has worked for me for 7 Years and 72 days. But remember " Truth is considered relative now, there is now difference from true and not true.

Responsibility has been replaced with blaming others, decisions are made on emotions which change on the flip of a dime, self entitlement is out of control, behavior problems are excused as a mental illness, there is a pill to take care of everything but never works, No examples of integrity, honor, courage, or any other positive attrobutes. Dependability, true empathy, sympathy, or any other assistance to help another human being.

The whole English language has been changed, or forgotten, to the point of delusional rants. And nobody even listens to each other, and sometime even themselves. Personal problems need to be handled by personal change, but when everybody right. The problem is never identified let alone deal with.

What have we become ?

I must say, good sir.

You are living up to your username.

Alienated said:

What have we become ?

This whole post is rife with irony worthy of the Bard of Avon. lol

*sigh* maybe this should be moved to the debate forum section ...

Latest posts

Back