Friendship Is...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
a bond that leaves behind cruel judgements and demands and instead, fosters trust and support.

...A sea-going vessel, constructed by a captain from the flesh and bones of the fools who trusted her kindness. It sails forth on its dark mission, it's corpse-built hull creaking like the wails of the damned. It's fleshy sail heaves in the wind, and it's phantasmal crew -the Captain's former 'friends'- are at her every beck and call. Friendship will sail on December 12, 2016, through dusky clouds and horid squalls, forging through the Third of Three Endless Winters that have enveloped the Earth. Friendship is to arrive at the End of the Earth, the antarctic, where a once-and-never-again path straight to the South Pole will crack open in the ice pack. Upon reaching that point, Friendship will drop it's horid anchor. A great vortex will open in the sky as the captain, an accomplished and merciless Fleshchanter, sings the Song of the End. The souls of the crew will be enveloped in a dismal infinity. With these for fuel, a horid machine of unspeakable construct, incomprehensible in it's form and function to the human mind and dormant for endless eons in the darkest crags of the Multiverse, now sets about its work.

Made possible by Friendship, this is the end of all life on earth."

Brian said:
...A sea-going vessel, constructed by a captain from the flesh and bones of the fools who trusted her kindness. It sails forth on its dark mission, it's corpse-built hull creaking like the wails of the damned. It's fleshy sail heaves in the wind, and it's phantasmal crew -the Captain's former 'friends'- are at her every beck and call. Friendship will sail on December 12, 2016, through dusky clouds and horid squalls, forging through the Third of Three Endless Winters that have enveloped the Earth. Friendship is to arrive at the End of the Earth, the antarctic, where a once-and-never-again path straight to the South Pole will crack open in the ice pack. Upon reaching that point, Friendship will drop it's horid anchor. A great vortex will open in the sky as the captain, an accomplished and merciless Fleshchanter, sings the Song of the End. The souls of the crew will be enveloped in a dismal infinity. With these for fuel, a horid machine of unspeakable construct, incomprehensible in it's form and function to the human mind and dormant for endless eons in the darkest crags of the Multiverse, now sets about its work.

Made possible by Friendship, this is the end of all life on earth."

Wow brian. :p

...unnecessary to excel in life and achieve your dreams. -The Incognito Teenager

This sounds very emo, but I've done fine without it for the past 13 years. Friendship only brings pain, and betrayal.

edgecrusher said:
...something that rarely seems to last an entire lifetime.

:) You should tell my father that. He believes I should be friends with all of these people, when I'm going to leave them the moment I reach college, or even before.

I spent a long time thinking about what friendship is for me, here it goes...
Having a good time, enjoying eachother's company,give and receive, being there when you are needed,
knowing your friend will be there for you, chemistry, having things in common, a good conversation, trust, honest, love, happiness, respect, unselfishness
That's what a true friendship is for me.:)

Friendship has come and gone so many times in my life I cant even remember everyone properly. As I child we moved every year until I was 13, and people have moved away from me. I have had a lot of friends, and actually make friends very fast...but everyone leaves.

My best friend was Stacy. i met her at 13 and stayed friends until i was 23. Her and i and a few other girls were pretty wild through high school and they were much sluttier than me if you can believe that. But we did some crazy things. Half got pregnant some got a habit. I had a mental break and just stopped talking to her and everyone else. I dont know where she is now. I know she is married and had at least one baby. I miss Stacy.

And Matt was the second best friend of a lifetime. Ages 13-23. Never actually dated each other and that is PERFECT because I didnt want to hate him. We did have sex with each other, a lot - but only when we both were single. I know people cant understand that but he and I were really great friends and I miss him too. Again, he dissapeared when I dissapeared. i dont know how to find him.

Then then chris. he and i were platonic close friends from that 13-23 period where I was semi-normal. I was his best friend, and I once convinced him to run down the street in womens underwear with Stacys little brother. ill never forget that day for the rest of my life. He is in jail. Lets not go there.

The Rose brothers. Oh, the Rose brothers. Dated one on and off, had a brief affair with a differerent one (at a differrent time) and the third ( whos name wasnt actually Rose) was one of my best platonic friends. He gave me my first Tattoo :) Two Rose girls, too, and little ray is like 13 now. That makes me feel old. This was also during those 13-23 years I miss so much.

All of us were friends with each other. Stacy had sex with every boy I mentioned ( except her brother, silly . i had sex with her brother so it evens out, though). Most of the guys are horribly addicted to drugs. The late nineties early ooohs was a beautiful time in our lives but I dont think times are beautiful anymore for a lot of the people I wrote about.

Ive had another million people that are close to my heart, and a lot of ex lovers that I have dear memories of...I moved around a lot on my own in my mid twenties and lived in downtown pittsburgh for a few years and had a whole group of people that I love from there...a lot of lesbian backyard wrestelers. Anyway, I miss them all

I dont have many friends now. I dont really like most of the people that are around me. There are people that I know and talk to but I dont care about them in the same way I used to care about other people.

I refuse to be around people that still get high so that leaves me alone a lot.

I love my husband. I guess that is enough.

So, friendship is....

*waves hands dramatically*

:rolleyes2:

dramaqueen said:
"A friend is a person with whom I may be sincere."Ralph Waldo Emerson

I love this quote, it very much crystallized into words for me my feelings about what's at the heart of friendship, thanks for posting this!! :)

...a human invention. We are social creatures and for most of us, to be alone is to be lonely and to be with a friend is to be complete.

Latest posts

Back