funny customer at work

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Batman55 said:
Very well then, since you insist on seeing the dark side of things.

Why don't you just be up front with her one of these days and ask "are you laughing at me for some reason?" If yes, then tell her not to come back to the store. If no, then ask "do you find me attractive?" Then you take it from there.

I always have all the answers, y'know? :p

I can't tell customers not to come in the shop anymore. And you can't exactly ask them questions that may concern offense. She isn't worth me losing my job. She hardly comes in anyway. I will just ignore her and stop looking at her.

Stonelands said:
Maybe when she smirks at you just ask her "Is there something you need?"

EDIT: Nevermind I see that the same thing was suggested earlier.

I have come across customers smirking / laughing at me before. Doesn't happen a lot but it happens. I just say as little as possible, don't say 'bye', just go on to the next customer.

The other possibility is that the smirk is just her normal facial expression and I am making too much of it. I doubt that though.

I will forget about it, it isn't that important anyway.

Thanks for all your opinions.

Triple Bogey said:
I can't tell customers not to come in the shop anymore. And you can't exactly ask them questions that may concern offense. She isn't worth me losing my job. She hardly comes in anyway. I will just ignore her and stop looking at her.

I was being sarcastic. I'm well aware the advice I gave you is simple minded and foolish, that's the point :p

Batman55 said:
Triple Bogey said:

I was being sarcastic. I'm well aware the advice I gave you is simple minded and foolish, that's the point :p

I see

Hi,
May I gently suggest that a customer behaving oddly toward you seems to be the exception not the rule, based on your previous posts.
I suppose it's only natural to wonder why someone seems to be smirking and I have no idea why she's doing that. But it sounds like most of your customers have the opposite reaction toward you, so maybe Smirking Lady, whatever she's smirking about, is wrong. Just a thought.
I've been going to a market in my city for over a decade and buying from the same merchants the whole time. I figured I was just a face in the crowd the whole time but I figured out that they recognize me as a regular customer. It makes me feel like I matter somehow. You matter too, even if you don't see it :)

-Teresa

SofiasMami said:
Hi,
May I gently suggest that a customer behaving oddly toward you seems to be the exception not the rule, based on your previous posts.
I suppose it's only natural to wonder why someone seems to be smirking and I have no idea why she's doing that. But it sounds like most of your customers have the opposite reaction toward you, so maybe Smirking Lady, whatever she's smirking about, is wrong. Just a thought.
I've been going to a market in my city for over a decade and buying from the same merchants the whole time. I figured I was just a face in the crowd the whole time but I figured out that they recognize me as a regular customer. It makes me feel like I matter somehow. You matter too, even if you don't see it :)

-Teresa

Something else happened today. This woman came in, she seemed a little tipsy, bought some cigs, I served her. It was near the end of my shift, I have a head cold. She went to walk out and then stop, turned to me and said

'Your so jovial, I've had a honeysuckle Christmas and just getting served by you has made my day. You have made everything so much better. Your a lovely man, lovely. I come in here a lot and your so nice, lovely'

Obviously she was been sarcastic. Some people are so mean !

??? She was being sarcastic?? I'm guessing you weren't in the best frame of mind with a head cold, but her words sound positive to me?

Hard to tell without hearing her tone of voice...

Anyway, if she was being sarcastic...oh well. She said she had a shitty Christmas, obviously in a crap mood and tipsy to boot, it's not up to you to make everything better...yep, she was mean and grumpy but don't take it personally.

ringwood said:
??? She was being sarcastic?? I'm guessing you weren't in the best frame of mind with a head cold, but her words sound positive to me?

Hard to tell without hearing her tone of voice...

Anyway, if she was being sarcastic...oh well. She said she had a shitty Christmas, obviously in a crap mood and tipsy to boot, it's not up to you to make everything better...yep, she was mean and grumpy but don't take it personally.

she came in with her daughter (looked like) and started talking to her about 'her boobs' so I didn't really want to join in. My customer service wasn't great but that was because of my head cold and I was going home in 5 minutes. I recognize her and I do chat with her normally. I am 50 /50 whether she was genuine, hard to tell.

SofiasMami said:
Hi,
Drunk people are just ******** generally. Her behavior is saying far more about herself not you.

-Teresa

I am going to write a thread about it when I get home from work.
I have mis judged the situation.

Latest posts

Back