Funny story but not a knee slapper

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lbstanley70

Reaction score
I started a new job in August. It wasn't my first choice but I digress (another post for another time). One of my new co workers is a woman the same age as me, a very attractive 41 year old and for what ever reason we have become fast friends. Today, we were talking about life and I said something to the effect that I had some personal business that was affecting me and keeping me from my normal self and she asked if I had a gf and I gave her the short version of my relationship woes and she was very understanding. Well, work intervened and we both went on about our business. Later that day I came to her about something work related and she said to me "Your ex must have been really mature for her age" and I was sorta stunned because she was right. My co worker finished by saying "You are a grown up and you handle yourself well. She must have had qualities that made her compatible with you". When I met my ex, even at her age she impressed me so much with her ability to see the big picture. It was just weird to hear that from another person. Anyways, it made me feel better for a moment. The irony is my co worker doesn't like younger men because she says they are immature and other than the sex, they don't have any redeeming qualities. I had to laugh.

Latest posts

Back