Gamers, what is your dream game?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HGwells said:
Well, I would love to be Lara Croft.....
lol!

Me too! She's awesome. :)

And there's something about the Tomb Raider games what I like!

My dream game would be something like this:
- Huge open world
- Lots of treasures (now this starts to feel like a normal generic MMORPG .___.)
- Some Tomb Raider ''feeling'' in the game
- Something from the Skyrim too? Maybe the weather... How it changes. From morning to night, storms, rain, sunsets...

I hope my dream game would be like the new coming pay to play mmorpg from South Korea, Black Desert Online:

[youtube]9EljAdiTXpk[/youtube]

So my dream game would be MMORPG. :)

I hope it doesn't sound corny... but I've always wanted to play an RTS that has FPS elements. Like StarCraft, except you can enter one of your units and play as them.

I played a couple of those (they're quite rare) but they weren't executed very well, either as an RTS or as an FPS! My favorite by far was Battlezone 2 though. It's a bit dated by now, but being able to affect the outcome by direct action was super cool. It was limited as a strategy game though.

^ Not sure if it's quite the same, but I loved the old Megadrive/Genesis game 'Star Control' where you take control of starships and battle it out.

Edward W said:
^ Not sure if it's quite the same, but I loved the old Megadrive/Genesis game 'Star Control' where you take control of starships and battle it out.

The Battlefront games are nothing like Star Control, but I have to say that Star Control and it's sequel were top quality games. I wanted to buy them, but 17 year old me was more interested in booze and fags.

beautiful loser said:
I’m actually kind of surprised that nobody is mentioning like: Half-Life 3 or Borderlands 3 or The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind 2.

Yeah, Half-Life 3 is the game I'm still waiting for...not patiently though, since it's been what, seven years since Half-Life 2???

Well, it's going to be very difficult to top what's already considered the greatest 1st-Person Shooter of all time, don't you think?

Still, I would like to see the developers to, at least, give it a try.
We're still getting awesome FPS games like Bioshock Infinite, Hawken, Metro: Last Light, Halo 4 and the upcoming Destiny, so why not Half-Life?

Speaking of MMOs...

Is there someone that's still waiting for a sequel to some MMOs?
Like League of Legends 2, World of Warcraft 2 or Guild Wars 3 or Planetside 3?

I'm not a big fan of MMOs and I don't mind buying an expansion pack or two for any game,
but there comes a time when everyone asks to stop expansions and develop a proper sequel.

To everyone that has played them, why do you assume this is not happening?
Is it simply because there's no need to fix something that's not broken?
Is the gameplay from those games really THAT good?

AnonymousMe said:

My best guess would be because of investment. MMORPGs aren't like FPS where it's instant gratification, nothing is saved except for achievements and/or lifetime statistics, and you only pay once (no subscription). In MMORPG you continually build up something, and sequels renders the old game obsolete.

Let me give an example.. for FPS.

Let's just say, Halo 3 is better than Halo 2, and 2 is better than 1. Would you ever play 2 and 1 again when 3 exist? The same is true with MMORPGs and sequels. If WoW 2 is better/more fluid/functions better/more balanced than WoW, who would play WoW? people don't like their hard earned money and time spent to just be thrown away every couple of years.

Shadow of the Colossus was epic! I would have liked it more if it was more of an RPG game, where you can change armour and weapons. Also I always enjoy character creation and customization. I know, that sounds like Dragon's Dogma :p

Besides that, I wish they would re-release Halo 2/3/Reach.

AnonymousMe said:
Well, it's going to be very difficult to top what's already considered the greatest 1st-Person Shooter of all time, don't you think?

Yes, many have tried but still nothing is anywhere near as good as Quake.

[video=youtube]

Kinda sad that shooters these days are all graphics and limited skill/gameplay. The skill ceilings on them are much lower.

I don't know what my ideal game would be. Things that encompass a bit of everything are jacks of all trades... and I have no idea what I feel about mmo's these days. My first was a horrid Korean grinder with pvp focus, second was Guild Wars 2, in which the pvp is abysmal and the pve fun at first though incredibly repetetive, with no point whatsoever to any of it. It lacks open-world pvp, which tbh I enjoyed having a break from, but without it, it's a really pointless game. Beautiful game with some cool stuff in it, but it's sluggy and the rewards are crappy, which, for a rewards-based game, is kinda stupid.

chattest said:
I hope it doesn't sound corny... but I've always wanted to play an RTS that has FPS elements. Like StarCraft, except you can enter one of your units and play as them.

I played a couple of those (they're quite rare) but they weren't executed very well, either as an RTS or as an FPS! My favorite by far was Battlezone 2 though. It's a bit dated by now, but being able to affect the outcome by direct action was super cool. It was limited as a strategy game though.

There's one game that's out right now that sounds similar to that.

Planetside 2.

It has strategic elements, a huge battlefield, faction control zones that change from battle to battle... and of course, FPS combat.

Regumika said:
AnonymousMe said:

My best guess would be because of investment. MMORPGs aren't like FPS where it's instant gratification, nothing is saved except for achievements and/or lifetime statistics, and you only pay once (no subscription). In MMORPG you continually build up something, and sequels renders the old game obsolete.

That makes sense.

Idol Minos said:
Shadow of the Colossus was epic! I would have liked it more if it was more of an RPG game, where you can change armour and weapons. Also I always enjoy character creation and customization. I know, that sounds like Dragon's Dogma :p

Besides that, I wish they would re-release Halo 2/3/Reach.

I'm sure you already know this, but Shadow of the Colossus does have a little bit of equipment variation.
If you complete the time-attacks, you get all sorts of different items, depending on which difficulty you're playing in.
I kind of wish the developers would have compiled all the secret items in one game difficulty, instead on splitting them in half; 8 for each difficulty.
To tell ya the truth though, I'm kind of glad they did not made it into a full Action-RPG; the game's uniqueness is its beauty.

By the way, I LOVE Dragon's Dogma, it's easily one of my favorite games of all time and, now that I think about it, I think it was one of my dream games.
I always thought that SotC should NOT get a sequel, but I did though that other games should follow it's footsteps.
Then, BOOM! We got Dragon's Dogma, which, basically is Shadow of the Colossus on steroids.
I'm still waiting for it's sequel, but since Capcom is dying, I don't think it'll ever happen; Ultra Street Fighter 4 might be their last game. I'm just guessing though.

By the way, what do you mean with "re-releasing" Halo 2/3 & Reach? Like re-mastered ports?
I think they might become a reality. The news article is old, but you might want to check this out:

http://gamerant.com/halo-2-anniversary-xbox-one-rumor/

You've got to remember though, that good graphics don't make a good game, but, to each of their own, I guess.

Yes, exactly like re-mastered ports but more. I would like to be able to record my games on halo 2 just like theatre mode in halo 3. but to be honest, i don't care much for campaign, i just miss playing against other players.

Latest posts

Back