Get tatt? or keep it natural?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gisse181

Reaction score
So i was planning on getting a tattoo before...something not too big or small. gotta be meanfull even though i have not idea or what it could be. something i know for sure is that i dont want stars or lil butterflies -_- . (in my back).

but now that i got the money to do it ,i'm not sure if i should get one or just keep my body clean lol i mean without a tattoo. hmhmhm?:cool:,

Personally I have never worked out why anyone would willing let someone stick a needle in their skin and inject ink into them. Not only that but actually PAY them to do it. Sounds weird to me. It's not even as though it's medicine to help you - it's INK.

But that's just my personal opinion and I have no problem with people having tattoos. If that's what they want to do with their bodies, that's their choice.

On a slightly more serious note - do be aware that some jobs don't like you to have tattoos, or at least require that they be easily covered (depends on the job). Something to think about before you make up your mind.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

I'm Fine left some good advice there, which I'm sure you have considered yourself already. If you do get a tattoo upon your body, make sure it is somewhere that can be covered up without issue.

I myself have one which is not too big, yet not too small, and I love it and will always love it. It is full of meaning relating to myself, and if you too get something truly personal, you will not have any regrets.

I want to get colorful stars wrapped from the top of my foot up to my ankle. And a phoenix on my back rising up from flames. Stars don't mean anything to me, it's just something I want done. But I think the phoenix would mean something to me. Kind of like I can rise up from anything, and still be strong.

I say go for it! lol
I'm getting my first 2 tattoos next month, i'll be getting a tribal design that goes up the right side of my neck (which i'm currently designing so it's unique :D
AND
"Inner Strength" in japanese kanji on my chest as i think it make me remember that even through all the honeysuckle i've been through and the honeysuckle i'm going to go through in the future, i'll still pull through whatever happens. plus it's kinda symbolic being on my chest roughly where the heart is located.

I wanted tattoo on my upper back with small fairy image but now I am not sure about it. I mean can you imagine a 70 year old woman with fairy tattoo on her back?

One of my mum friend had tattoo on his neck, he was young when he had it done. At point when he settle down, he regretted them and had them removed. He now has scars on his neck and it is expensive to have them removed. My cousin has his tattoo all over his arm and he is not even 20. I really hope he doesn't regret it in years time. Regret is downside of having tattoo.

On other hand, tattoo is like ID on your skin, to show who you are. I think people have unique tattoos and express their feelings. It would be excited to get one because it changes your appearance little bit and seeing what it would look like when it done. It is your body afterall, my advice is think about both side arguement and which one are you drawn to (if you agree positive side, then go for it. if you agree with negative side, gives you more time to think about it.)

I really like all the differents points of view.:)

i also thought that too... many people now a days get tattoos so it makes me feel that i should keep my body without one. but at the same time i would really like a meanful tattoo in a good place that i can cover it up and where i wouldn't regret it later on mhmhmhhmh???? ,(not too big or small) as i mentioned before.

i would like to make my own quote as a reminder to myself to always be strong when hard times comes...
I ll go for it!!!!:D

OOOGLY!
They look like decorative bruises.
And when you get older........................................................

I've got one, and planning on getting my next two some time this year. I find the process quite pleasant.

If you do get a tattoo, be sure it'll be something you won't regret later on. A lot of places won't do people or names. I once knew a guy who was engaged to a woman called Martha, and got a tattoo of her name along his forearm. She ditched him and took his jazz records with her, and he's left with a permanent reminder with the scar left from the removal of the ink.

"I wanted tattoo on my upper back with small fairy image but now I am not sure about it. I mean can you imagine a 70 year old woman with fairy tattoo on her back?"
Would a 70 year old woman flash her back everywhere? It's not like a tattoo would make the effects of aging worse, in my opinion. :p

I wouldn't get a tattoo for two reasons...ONE IS PERSONAL. I believe if God wanted an image on my body, I would have been born with it! SECONDLY, AND MORE FOR PEOPLE THAT DON'T BELIEVE THAT WAY, PRACTICALLY, if you get one, make sure it is in a place that is less apt to "shrivel" when you get old--I think that will look both silly and ugly.

Scars speak stories better, history, pain, failures, triumphs and accidents.

I've got too many to share skin real estate with ink and ink isn't personal enough. It's like a self description, only what you want someone to know and not necessarily true.

Also ( I've lost potential girlfriend candidates over this comment), I'd rather not look like I'm comfortable being in the general prison population. Of course though, scars and tattoos just make you a fling before the consideration of a LTR.

alonewanderer said:
Scars speak stories better, history, pain, failures, triumphs and accidents.

I've got too many to share skin real estate with ink and ink isn't personal enough.

"share skin real estate with ink".

...never heard of it expressed that way!
personally, i like the canvas of me pure and porous --- to leave life's impressions on me naturally as the steps of time march on...

It's a personal thing but I have none and don't expect to put any ink in my body just yet.

Personally, I prefer the natural look, although it wouldn't stop me from liking someone, but it also has to be done for the right reasons I think, rather than a statement or to show other people. Tattoos just for effect or to flash around are based purely on ego and the need to be noticed.

If you do get a tattoo, make sure it's sentimental and not something you may grow out of at a later date and that you do it for you, not for someone else.

Tattoos will also attract negative attention and at some point in life may cost you a dream job or even someone approaching you. Like I say, you will be judged on your 'art' whether you like it or not.

I have only the one tattoo, very personal to me.

There was a time when I thought that I may have more, but this one is enough for me, representing a time in my life.

It is not visible during working hours.

gisse181 said:
So i was planning on getting a tattoo before...something not too big or small. gotta be meanfull even though i have not idea or what it could be. something i know for sure is that i dont want stars or lil butterflies -_- . (in my back).

but now that i got the money to do it ,i'm not sure if i should get one or just keep my body clean lol i mean without a tattoo. hmhmhm?:cool:,

I think Tatoos are a mistake. I understand that some people like to express theirself, but I think there are other ways to do it. it I think it was brought up by someone else that it reflects poorly going to an interview if you have a visible tatoo. You never know what is going to happen in the future and how you want to express yourself now, might not be how you want people to think of you in the future. My wife had a tatoo of a past B/F name on her back. When we got married she had to go through an expensive and long proceedure to have it removed.

www.selfworthy.wordpress.com/

Latest posts

Back