Gifted? More like cursed.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TheSolitaryMan said:
If you go into a scientific field at Uni, you'll probably meet people there more into your interests and that you feel more at home with.

I went into Chemistry, and I remember being surprised at how much more mature and similar to me the other students seemed to be. With the odd exception of course! :p

I just hope I manage to get there. In my current state, I doubt it.
Not like I have a choice.

Jeff Vogel is an awesome game-maker and programmer, btw. He singlehandedly made the Exile series, writing basically an entire novel plus programming it while listening endlessly to Comedy Central. I wonder if you could do the same thing, haha.

Back in my 'what is the point of life' depressed phase again...

The point of life is to reproduce and get your DNA to survive by the way!

Lonely Anon said:

Apparently, Ghenghis Khan managed that the best and is the single greatest contributor of DNA worldwide. Best start conquering the world from the steppes...

Lonely Anon said:

What really breaks my head is what the ultimate point of propagating that DNA is... :D

I wouldn't worry so much. I think too much about the future, one thing I'm struggling to do is concentrate on the present. As silly as it sounds, if you're always happy in the present you're pretty much set up for the future :)

TheSolitaryMan said:
Lonely Anon said:

What really breaks my head is what the ultimate point of propagating that DNA is... :D

I wouldn't worry so much. I think too much about the future, one thing I'm struggling to do is concentrate on the present. As silly as it soAunds, if you're always happy in the present you're pretty much set up for the future :)

And if you're always in a bad mood like me...?

I just came home from a visit to my aunt yesterday. It was amazingly fun. So I came home from this little 'break' in life and hoped something, by magc, had changed. Oh boy was I right! I managed to sleep at around 6am, that is neither good nor bad. I wake up at aroun 9am., took a shower and the fun began! My mother came into the bathroom to get some cloths, she was packing. "Ok... why?" I ask, somewhat knowing the answer in my head beforehand. "I am going to our cottage" she says, "I can't handle this anymore" she says. She leaves before I even get to finish showering. So now I am sitting somewhat shocked and confused in the bathroom for a while when my father comes up and says "You've got a perverted pleasure in causing problems, get down!". Apparently one of my many therapists are waiting downstair... I told him I was sitting here because I was thinking about my mother who just left us. This is amazing, right? It gets better as my father starts to hold a long speech on how this is all my fault, denying that he might be a part of the problem.

My father got a chronic disease that tires him out by the way. He easily explode over anything and rarely do much without complaing. So both my mother and I are afraid to interact with him as he may just suddenly explode over anything. He also leaves most of the work in the house to my mother, which is (not really) funny as my mother have work and he dosen't (because of the chronic disease). So I strongly doubt this is all my fault.

So first day after I returned from my aunt, my mother leaves and I am stuck with my socialy awkward(?) father who thinks I am a sadistic *******. Yay me!

Its not your fault IN THE LEAST. Your dad is lashing out. I'm sorry that you have to deal with that. There are often times when I say that a person at least shares fault...but in this case, you're not even there! You were at your aunt's; how the heck could you have caused any problems?

Your dad needs to grow up. That probably explains your maturity a lot too - you've become the man of the house.

Lonely Anon said:
Well... any ideas what I should do now?

Well, if I was you, I would consider going with mom to the cottage. Seems like its a more sane place though it'll suck to leave a man with an illness to himself. But you do need to be mentally healthy too, and your dad seems to suck the very sanity from your head.

Maybe talk to your aunt about the situation, too?

I really can't handle living at the cottage during the winter. Also hope I'll get dinner today. When my father is in a bad mood (he should be), I never know what will happend.

Stings me in the heart to say, but I'd actually like a divorce if it weren't for the fact that my father is sick.

Lonely Anon said:
I really can't handle living at the cottage during the winter. Also hope I'll get dinner today. When my father is in a bad mood (he should be), I never know what will happend.

Stings me in the heart to say, but I'd actually like a divorce if it weren't for the fact that my father is sick.

Well, at least at the cottage, you will have consistent food. Your father is what we call a manchild; he's reverted to becoming a large, angry baby. Unfortunately, its causing /you/ problems.

What about the aunt?

We have teribble internet connection at our cottage. During the winter, a good internet connection is essential (else I am going to become crazy(ier)).

He is not an big angry baby, more of a big, old, tired, and grumpy man.

And my aunt lives so far away (8 hours w/ car(?)).

Ugh... Hopefully she'll be back before christmas.

And again, I can't find words for how thankfull I am for your support!

Lonely Anon said:
We have teribble internet connection at our cottage. During the winter, a good internet connection is essential (else I am going to become crazy(ier)).

He is not an big angry baby, more of a big, old, tired, and grumpy man.

And my aunt lives so far away (8 hours w/ car(?)).

Ugh... Hopefully she'll be back before christmas.

And again, I can't find words for how thankfull I am for your support!

Well, if you can't get away for good, maybe you should go to a library where you can get an internet connection and some peace of mind. Then you can focus on EVE, and getting into a college/school. Somewhere your own without his problems making your life worse.

I had a dad a bit like that, but not as bad. He was a very unhappy man, for a variety of reasons, and was very bitter about the pains he had. Took it out on us.

Lonely Anon said:
And if you're always in a bad mood like me...?

Hah, I'm hardly the rosiest person myself right now!

Mood is something you have to try your hardest to modulate yourself with your attitude. It can be very tough when your environment is against you though. I'm genuinely sorry to hear about the situation with your parents.

It sounds to me like your father is being completely unreasonable towards you, blaming you for his own failures to get along with your mother. He may have a chronic health condition (my mother does too, and now I technically do as well) but that does not give him an excuse to start treating other people like honeysuckle whenever he feels like it.

At your age unfortunately it's not easy to confront your parents. Nonetheless, have you tried telling your dad how much it upsets you when this stuff happens? Unless he's an absolute ******* that might drum some sense into him. He has no right to talk to you in the way you described.

I...can't really help further though, I'm sorry. I've always been lucky that my parents realise if they're being unfair most of the time and respond well to criticism.

I wish you the best of luck with getting your life to a point where you feel content. I'd echo IO's advice to involve figures like your aunt - anyone in the family that you can really. They may see what's going on and be able to help with the stress of it all.

IgnoredOne said:
Your dad needs to grow up. That probably explains your maturity a lot too - you've become the man of the house.

Maybe this is the root of your problem with your relationship with your dad. I don't know, mine was never around, so I read a lot and pay attention to other father/son interaction. It seems there comes a time in life when the son grows apart from their father, and instead of looking up to him they try to assert their dominance. Become their own man. From what I've read this happens a lot during the teen years and early adult hood. The father is the man of the house and tries to keep that roll, instead of accepting that their son has grown up into their own man. Sometimes there might be jealousy in there too if the father feels the son has become a better man.

Again, I don't know this, never got to experience a relationship with my father. But from what I've read and observed over the years it seems like some of this is going on.

Latest posts

Back