God is an S.O.B

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris 2

Reaction score
I try to be nice to everyone all my life. I use to go to church every Sunday with my mom, and even gone on day when she was sick. I mean as a child, nothing could stop me from going to church. I was very religious, until...kindergarten.

What do I get in return? A life full of miserably. God doesn't care about me, nor does he care about the million of Jews that die in the holocaust. Nor does he care about millions of people that die in the Vietnam, Korean, World War I, World War II, and every other war in history. But what funny is that people who lie, steal, are celebrity (cough cough Paris Hilton) and etc...have the best life ever. Take Britney Spear little sister, who is now pregnant at age 16. Do you ever see that she get yell? NO, in fact she get praise as being part of the "Spear Family". Would you guy guess what happen to me if I got a girl pregnant at any age before 30? I would first get yell, hit, my mom would cry, and my parent would denied me being their son, and finally, since I live in college now, I would be kick out of the house.

People who don't go to church have the greatest life ever. What do I get, a face so ugly that even god would cry.

I am not afraid of GOD or death. In fact I wish I could die, but certainly not suicidally. I fear nothing now, if I get hit by a car, so be it. I have been in so many accident and near death experience that no one know about, but yet he won't let me die.

I'm so sick of life. I hate making this thread, because that is not who I want to be. I'm always a nice guy, I have social anxiety, an ugly face, and etc...

woah

I think I might have had the exact same post in my head today.

I feel the same way and I'm so angry, religion is so hpyocritcal and messed up

this may sound crazy but the only reason I still "believe" is I'm afraid I'll go to hell if I don't.

I use to go to church a lot when I was younger too

How can God abandon people to live miserable lives then send them to hell when they give up and commit suicide. But I have been having a lot of religious dout, I don't ask a lot of him just to be happy and stuff but I'm denied time after time.

I'm a really good person I try to help people and drive myself crazy trying to be nice to everyone and I just get handed craploads of bad karma like my whole life is f*ing cursed.

I signed up to donate blood but I don't weigh enough.

I'm not good at anything either, I just wish people would like me,

But I'm sorry I often wish I would die in a car crash or something.

But try to keep up hope at least in yourself

:D

chris 2. u need to get something straight up first. first u seem to be very quiet and u need to open urself. not hide in the bathroom from ppl. u know wat im talking about. why are u not on aim anymore u sob??!!!! u CS!!! chink!

Ahh today's a bad day 4 me 2. I just feel so dumb.

everything that's bad in my life is my FAULT.. I don't want pity.. but I do want love... n I hate the BS fear-stricken societies make us go through for it.

But then I do everything wrong so what can I expect! Goshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

now.. as 4 Chris2 think about this...
the fact that you are nice means that God had to put good into you.. n try to remember that life isn't really about being beautiful or smart or any of that other trickery.. I'm not sure what it is about of course ...

But as far as though whole wanting to be a certain way goes.. look at life as a journey.. as adaptation, and learning. At the end of the day we all crave the same things. Living in similar societies means we also face the same jungle. It doesn't matter what you look like.. it matters that you can adapt to your jungle though..n find what others use looks to attain through other means...

Basically wut I mean is that ..for example you don't need to look good; but you do need to be loved...

AHH, why is today so sucky? Okay n also people who go to church at least have God to turn to.. that's more than I got :0)

Well here's my two cents worth, this will get everyone going but what the heck. God created this beautiful planet, it's the people who are stuffing everything up. Number one priority. Power, Greed and Money!!
The word love is way down the list.

Blue Sky said:
Well here's my two cents worth, this will get everyone going but what the heck. God created this beautiful planet, it's the people who are stuffing everything up. Number one priority. Power, Greed and Money!!

Yes, you're right, it's people who are stuffing everything up, for instance by putting religion into children's heads and thus starting to mess up their lives.

DutchGirl said:
Blue Sky said:

Yes, you're right, it's people who are stuffing everything up, for instance by putting religion into children's heads and thus starting to mess up their lives.
Yes, in a way I agree with you, but I'm looking at it from a different angle. Religion is a very big and successful bussiness in many ways, and that equals money, and huge amounts. But I do believe in God, just in my own way.

I agree 100% with you I have been saying god is a S.O.B forever glad to have someone else that feels same way here.

What's up with the racist BS... I don't agree with the title of this thread, but I'm not in here flaming Chris tupaclegend and nolife4life. And tupaclegend... you made three posts since joining and 2 of them are just to attack Chris. And nolife4life I can understand you get down like anybody else, and you got a beef with Chris 2, but that doesn't mean you got the right to come on here tell him, or anybody else, to kill themselves (in another thread).

I used to feel the same way Chris.But I recently learned that it isn't all up to God.Not that I'm defending him,I have alot of anger towards him myself.But,YOU have to make things happen to help things in your life change,it isn't all up to God.Having a positive attitude helps alot and is the first step.Believe me I know it isn't easy to be positive when alot has gone wrong,but it does help.The feeling you get when things start to change for the better is amazing.I hope you'll give it a try : )

nolife4life said:
chris 2 is a chink...LOL

Hey! Where's your gorgeous picture? We haven't seen what you look like. Chris is a hunk!! I think he's really cute.

I think anyone can get mad at God... after all, if He is the one responsible for our existence, doesn't He have some sort of responsibility in terms of how we are doing physically, emotionally, etc? I have seen a lot of people get messed up by religion, because they go into it looking for all the answers. No one has all the answers; religion is more or less a framework for exploring our sense of spirituality. You can only get what you put into it, and you should enter into it cautiously. However, realize that some people get a lot out of it, and if you find out for yourself how it can benefit you rather than relying on some guy who tells you what and how to believe, then you will possibly find something worthwhile. A lot of people involved with church will tell you the community is the best part, but I think it's good only as long as it helps us individually have a personal experience that brings us a sense of peace.

Yay, more postage while tipsy!

Some serious religious spiel coming up ahead, so please skip until "And now for the mundane discussion..." if such offends you:

I once heard that if something bad happens to you, and you get angry at God, you're at least assigning the blame in the right direction. Because, yes, God is responsible for any obstacles that you face. But that doesn't mean that He wants you to be unhappy - it just means that he's giving you the opportunity to overcome those obstacles. Ultimately, the fact is that you have to take control of your own life and be responsible for your own happiness.

He's there, but He's not going to go around rearranging the free will of everybody else just to make you happy. He will present you with opportunities, and its up to you to grasp those opportunities provided. That's why we're created in His Image - it doesn't necessarily mean that God is a haired bipedal. Rather, it means that he gave us the gift of Free Will, and the capacity of Choice. With this capacity, we have the ability to choose for happiness - but we also have the ability to choose for unhappiness. We are, in essence, somewhat divine for this gift.

And now for the mundane discussion,

Again, you are responsible for your own happiness. Yes, you have your limits. No, they're probably not as encompassing as you think they are. Fact is, we all have the capacity for far more potential in our lives if we are willing to put in the effort for it and we lose far more than we know by not putting in the effort.

Case in point from myself: I've always been blessed with an active imagination and a certain talent at writing. But none of it would have mattered - in fact, I pretty much wasted the last decade when I could have been budding as a writer because I didn't want to put in the effort. The enormity of the task of storywriting intimidated me, the idea of not being good enough scared me, and the thought of being criticized hurt. I languished and wasted any inborn talent I had.

This all changed last year. I told a girl that she was my muse, and that I would be writing in her honor; I was, indeed, fortunate in that she accepted the role with gusto(having a stage ballerina call herself your muse is awesome), but ultimately the impetus was from me. I was just looking for an excuse to move me from my original doubts and fears.

So I began writing? And guess what? MY WORK SUCKED.

It was slightly better than your typical fanfare, but it was difficult - I struggled with the verbiage, tended to bore my reader, and only occasionally allowed me to communicate the dry wit that would eventually be the mark of my style. But instead of fearing criticism, I activately encouraged it, often harrassing people to be purposefully ruthless and brutal to it, to list every single flaw in it. And I improved.

My second offering had a few readers. It still sucked, though at least it was readable. I asked for more criticism, and studied harder on what the writers I liked did well. I improved further.

My third offering had won me an audience by now. I asked for more criticism, especially from people who I knew hated me and had a vested interest in making me feel miserable(I trusted their critique to be as unforgiving as possible). I improved further, so my fourth audience had made my audience loyal. I was published later in 2007, and was hired as a freelancer by a studio.

Of course, it was more complicated than that, but ultimately the moral remains. You make your own happiness - put in effort, accept the inevitability of pain, learn from it, and one day, you'll be surprised how far you've gone. In writing, there's a saying that the first one thousand pages of any writer is going to be the equivalent of toilet paper. I don't know what you're seeking for in life, but accept that the first thousand minutes/tries/interviews just exists as practice, and you'll find a lot of your beliefs about yourself unfounded.

If any of this sounded preachy, please accept my apologies. I don't have all the answers for everything either, and I don't really have any luck with girls either, being eternally in the mold of the "best friend." What I've done is just to focus on first accepting and loving myself, and then understand my own choices contribute in making me lonely. The important thing, I feel, is that you really shouldn't depend on someone else to make you happy. Its unfair to her - can you depend on yourself 100% of the time? Can you absolutely say that you never oversleep, never lie, or can completely control yourself? If not, what makes you think that someone else should be more reliable to you than you are to yourself?

IgnoredOne,

I don't find religious talk offensive. Rather, I find it interesting because theology throws up some interesting paradoxes. For example, the relationship between the supposed Free Will of humans and God's proposed Omniscience is an interesting paradox. It appears that either free will limits omniscience or omniscience limits free will. I won't insult your intelligence by explaining how.

I am curious though: Have you felt the same way about this paradoxical relationship? Also, if you have a satisfactory explanation that unentangles the contradiction, I am similarly curious about that.

For the purpose of disclosure, I take a purely inferential approach to theology; I don't take an empirical approach. I have long given up on the empirical approach because all of the evidence/data in this regard is self-referential and circular: God is all that and a bag of chips because a book said so. Who inspired the book? Why, God, of course. Who says that God inspired the book? Why, the book, of course.

You see the problem?

So my inferential (and therefore abstract) approach consists of trying to apply pure logic to unevidenced claims. Applying basic logic to a simultaneous claim of human free will and divine omniscience yields a contradiction. Please note that I am aware that you have not made this claim; I am just wondering what you think of it, if anything at all. Can free will and omniscience coexist without swallowing each other whole? And if so, how?

Just to be clearer, individually the claims cannot be easily refuted through pure abstract logic. It is the simultaneity that is problematic, even in the abstract.

P.S. If you don't feel like taking up that question, I have another one for you that has also bugged me for a while. I have often wondered: Is our children learning?

...It's fun ragging on Dubya.

wow

ignored one that is some really good deep stuff, it's very inspirational. I've actually wanted to writing and more poetry stuff, but I always feel that it won't be any good so I never get around to it.

Last year though one of my poems was published in our schools halloween literary press and I was so happy, I really worked on it and i focused on the rythm. I haven't really done much writing since then, also because I'm afriad of getting deep because it always feels so chessy.

SS7 thats some good interesting points too

you guys are pretty intelligent, thats a lot of good stuff to ponder,

when I was younger I always use to wonder where did God come from? who made God?

in life things just can't apear out of nowhere something made that and that something was made by another something?

you get what I'm saying? I know it sounds just like I'm rambling

evanescencefan91 said:
wow

ignored one that is some really good deep stuff, it's very inspirational. I've actually wanted to writing and more poetry stuff, but I always feel that it won't be any good so I never get around to it.

Last year though one of my poems was published in our schools halloween literary press and I was so happy, I really worked on it and i focused on the rythm. I haven't really done much writing since then, also because I'm afriad of getting deep because it always feels so chessy.

when I was younger I always use to wonder where did God come from? who made God?

in life things just can't apear out of nowhere something made that and that something was made by another something?

Actually, I found IgnoredOne's personal story quite inspiring also. It's a success story. I love success. Who doesn't? And he's right; there is absolutely no substitute for trying. Things don't fall in our laps like manna from on high.

I am personally trying to achieve something that is a little different from IgnoredOne's aim, but the trajectory will be the same. So his story resonates with me.

I like poetry. Do you have any on this forum? I'll dig and see.

I have also wondered about god. What is this thing that we are so fond of talking about? What are its properties? I have been unsatisfied with the definitions provided by popular religions. These definitions are either too peremptory ("He is all powerful, all knowing, and all loving, and that is that, buster."), or too mystical ("No one can know its nature. Shut up and go do what you have to do.").

Also, if we manage to define god, the specific question you have is: What might have created such a being? Some say that nothing created it because it needs no creator. If that is the case, then why cannot we apply that to other things? Why cannot we say that the universe needs no creator? That it just IS. What is the problem with that? Why cannot we say that hydrogen needed no creator?

And if we say that everything needs a creator, then of course we run into the problem of infinite regress and have to propose that god had to be created by an uber-god, who in turn had to be created by an uber-uber-god, who in turn had to be created by an uber-uber-uber-god, who in turn... ad infinitum.

ss7 said:
evanescencefan91 said:
wow

Actually, I found IgnoredOne's personal story quite inspiring also. It's a success story. I love success. Who doesn't? And he's right; there is absolutely no substitute for trying. Things don't fall in our laps like manna from on high.

I am personally trying to achieve something that is a little different from IgnoredOne's aim, but the trajectory will be the same. So his story resonates with me.

I like poetry. Do you have any on this forum? I'll dig and see.

I have also wondered about god. What is this thing that we are so fond of talking about? What are its properties? I have been unsatisfied with the definitions provided by popular religions. These definitions are either too peremptory ("He is all powerful, all knowing, and all loving, and that is that, buster."), or too mystical ("No one can know its nature. Shut up and go do what you have to do.").

Also, if we manage to define god, the specific question you have is: What might have created such a being? Some say that nothing created it because it needs no creator. If that is the case, then why cannot we apply that to other things? Why cannot we say that the universe needs no creator? That it just IS. What is the problem with that? Why cannot we say that hydrogen needed no creator?

And if we say that everything needs a creator, then of course we run into the problem of infinite regress and have to propose that god had to be created by an uber-god, who in turn had to be created by an uber-uber-god, who in turn had to be created by an uber-uber-uber-god, who in turn... ad infinitum.

Interesting points..but how creation is produced, how something comes from nothing, is of course, extremely difficult to conceive. But this is scarcely less true of any other mode of production. The intimate relation between cause and effect in every case is hard to understand. It is the product of the mind's endeavour, aided by the principle of sufficient reason, to interpret experience. All creation is defined and guided by natural laws and principals. Example..the law of gravity. God on the other hand is abstract ..which perhaps is the very reason why he is ..what he is..God.

I believe God to be coterminous with time - which is actually entirely in keeping with the understanding that He is omnipotent and that time is only the 4th dimension of space, as hypothized by Einstein. Therefore, he is entirely aware of the all possible choices by all humans with all possible consequences.

Visualize it like this. You are reading a picture story with many "pick the choices" questions, but you can skip ahead at any time to look at the result of a choice, then skip back to change it to get something different.

Incidentally for me, understanding that God doesn't exist in human conceptions of time also helps me account for His existence. I was an atheist for several years - and I think that its a good thing for others to subscribe to that view to help develop themselves. Personally, I find that when it comes down to it, science actually offers few other alternatives that aren't equally as mystic. What came before the Big Bang? How do we account for anything of matter, when in quantum mechanics, the very underpinnings of matter vanish, teleport, and reappear at will?

I've come to believe that our very existence is a miracle, and everything in our universe is evidence of God. I think my belief in an intelligent creator is better stated by the American inventor, Thomas Edison...

I believe that the science of chemistry alone almost proves the existence of an intelligent creator.

Now, whether He's up here micromanaging our daily lives is a different story, but it comes to a point eventually for me that believing in an intelligent creator requires less suspension of disbelief than not believing in one.

And for the other question, well, I also freelance as a tutor in the traditional line. I have a vested interest in criticizing the present educational structure, I grin, but you probably shouldn't take the advice of a Neo-Luddite like me on that. ;)

IgnoredOne said:
I believe God to be coterminous with time - which is actually entirely in keeping with the understanding that He is omnipotent and that time is only the 4th dimension of space, as hypothized by Einstein. Therefore, he is entirely aware of the all possible choices by all humans with all possible consequences.

Visualize it like this. You are reading a picture story with many "pick the choices" questions, but you can skip ahead at any time to look at the result of a choice, then skip back to change it to get something different.

Incidentally for me, understanding that God doesn't exist in human conceptions of time also helps me account for His existence. I was an atheist for several years - and I think that its a good thing for others to subscribe to that view to help develop themselves. Personally, I find that when it comes down to it, science actually offers few other alternatives that aren't equally as mystic. What came before the Big Bang? How do we account for anything of matter, when in quantum mechanics, the very underpinnings of matter vanish, teleport, and reappear at will?

I've come to believe that our very existence is a miracle, and everything in our universe is evidence of God. I think my belief in an intelligent creator is better stated by the American inventor, Thomas Edison...

I believe that the science of chemistry alone almost proves the existence of an intelligent creator.

Now, whether He's up here micromanaging our daily lives is a different story, but it comes to a point eventually for me that believing in an intelligent creator requires less suspension of disbelief than not believing in one.

And for the other question, well, I also freelance as a tutor in the traditional line. I have a vested interest in criticizing the present educational structure, I grin, but you probably shouldn't take the advice of a Neo-Luddite like me on that. ;)

Wow! If you really mean all that you've just said..I am left speechless..
Which believe me.. is no easy feat..

Latest posts

Back